Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Any boy/eagle scouts on scorehero?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Any boy/eagle scouts on scorehero? Reply with quote

ive been on scorehero for over 2 years and i haven't seen a topic like this so i thought id start one. I am an eagle scout with 2 eagle palms, i earned 33 merit badges, and very proud of my accomplishments. I attended the 2005 National Jamboree in Virginia, i love patch trading, have quite a big collection. Ive partook in over 50 hours of community service, and i am currently an Assistant Scoutmaster for troop 205 in new windsor new york.

So my question is to see if anyone else on scorehero is a boy / eagle scout, and maybe tell some of your favorite memories from camping or reminisce on some of your accomplishments or merit badges that most scouts may not have ( i have nuclear science and railroading ). And anything else scout related that you may want to add =)

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
louster200  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why I just so happen to be a boy scout too. Kind of silly, but really people take this pretty serious. And like my dad says, seeing "Eagle Scout" on a college application or job application would look really well.

Just this past summer I went to Philmont. Great place. I had so much fun there. Mount Baldy was awesome. Shotgun shooting was awesome. Hey look! I have videos of both. They're not too exciting. But I loved it there.

And I'm working on Star right now. I'm just too busy to be getting stuff done. D:

DPooch  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk wrote:
i was an eagle scout eons ago...... i was thrown in the woods with an egg and a matchstick overnight in the middle of nowhere.............2 days later they picked me up and the rendezvous point hehe. they called it right of passage back then; not sure what it is now.

Sounds like you were in the Order of the Arrow.

But it's a lot less trying now, it's lame. :/

But I turn 17 on Sept 14th and I'm still a Tenderfoot.

Nobody in our troop has like any interest in doing anything.

Only reason I'm not Second Class is because of that damn 5-mile hike.

The Scoutmaster even told me I'm not going anywhere in the troop and more or less in life. I know, how nice.

Him and his over-active in the troop wife are at least 65, they don't make it fun at all.

Sorry for the bawwfest. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if someone actually made it fun.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPooch wrote:
Monk wrote:
i was an eagle scout eons ago...... i was thrown in the woods with an egg and a matchstick overnight in the middle of nowhere.............2 days later they picked me up and the rendezvous point hehe. they called it right of passage back then; not sure what it is now.

Sounds like you were in the Order of the Arrow.

But it's a lot less trying now, it's lame. :/

But I turn 17 on Sept 14th and I'm still a Tenderfoot.

Nobody in our troop has like any interest in doing anything.

Only reason I'm not Second Class is because of that damn 5-mile hike.

The Scoutmaster even told me I'm not going anywhere in the troop and more or less in life. I know, how nice.

Him and his over-active in the troop wife are at least 65, they don't make it fun at all.

Sorry for the bawwfest. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if someone actually made it fun.

yeah it is fun if the scoutmaster doesn't suck, in my like 5 years of boy scouts ive seen a bunch of different kinds of scoutmasters, mine is fun and serious, he knows boy scouts can be serious stuff, but it is also meant for boys to have fun and meet new friends so he allows us to play but when its time to get down to business u better bust your ass. And there are several different versions of them that ive seen but obviously you didn't get a good one.

lol i forgot to mention im a brotherhood in the OA, and also part of a venture crew ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still a Boy Scout, though not as active as I once was. I made my Eagle rank 5 years ago, and got two palms after that. I also am a part of the Order of the arrow, as a Brotherhood member.

I miss camping up at Owasippe in Michigan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to Star rank, then I quit out of it. Its when electronics gave my peak of interest.

My brother made it to Eagle Scout.

The most used knowledge I ever got from it was the ability to tie different knots, and not for camping. You can use your imagination.
InsolentWill  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk wrote:
i was an eagle scout eons ago.....

*ahem* Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout my good man!

In other news, I got my Eagle in '97 and am still on the books in my troop here in MA. My dad has been the scoutmaster for 37 years. In the 99 years my troop has been around we've only had 4 or 5 scoutmasters.

I'm a brotherhood member of the OA and earned probably 25 or 28 merit badges (it's been awhile). I also received the Ad Altare Dei religious medal and some other stuff I can't really remember.

~iw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the scouts from Tiger Cubs all the way through Eagle Scout.

I attended the 1993 National Jamboree as a participant. I won a contest to design my council's Jamboree Council Strip.

I attended the 1997 National Jamboree as a staff member. I worked in the Brown Sea Island area. We wore traditional British scout garb from the early 20th century. We had to remain in character the whole time. We were all Americans speaking in bad English accents. It fooled everybody though...except for actual Brits. Working staff for that was just about the most fun I ever had in the Boy Scouts.

One year we went on a backpacking trip in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula. We hiked along the famous "Pictured Rocks." Google it, it's awesome.

I was in the Order of the Arrow and advanced to Brotherhood.

I had one lousy scoutmaster and two great ones. Luckily the lousy one was only around when I started and wasn't there very long. A great scoutmaster makes a big difference. The whole point of Boy Scouts is that the boys are supposed to run things and make the decisions. The adults are supposed to provide support and guidance when needed.

Anyway, the Boy Scouts were a great experience for me.
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone do any patch trading?

RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:

On the second to last day of the 2005 National Jambo. I had finished everything there was to get the commemorative patch, so I figure get out my troop's patches and start trading away. Best patch I got was from Calumet City, which featured The Blues Brothers and the jumping of the car over the Chicago River.

http://www.messybricks.com/images/Other/Bluesbros.gif
It's the patch on the bottom right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my prize patch is an eagle greater new york council patch, that still has the twin towers on the patch (the twin towers patches were discontinued after 9/11)

RLKDragon wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

On the second to last day of the 2005 National Jambo. I had finished everything there was to get the commemorative patch, so I figure get out my troop's patches and start trading away. Best patch I got was from Calumet City, which featured The Blues Brothers and the jumping of the car over the Chicago River.

http://www.messybricks.com/images/Other/Bluesbros.gif
It's the patch on the bottom right.

thats the patch that has the cop car lights turn on am i right? that was a pretty popular one at the 2005 jambo

Boomsars  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been an Eagle Scout since '07, with four palms, I think. I had forty something merit badges. Despite living in a small town, I was in a very active troop of about 40 kids and I was given more than enough opportunities to do well considering my father was also my scoutmaster. I was real active within my council and lodge also, though.

Among stuff I've done:

Attended 2005 Jamboree
Attending 2010 Jamboree as third Assistant Scoutmaster (age 18-21).
Attended NOAC 2006
Vigil Honor in the Order of the Arrow
Went to Philmont in '06 and '07.
Served on NYLT staff for three years.

I come from a pretty well-off family, so I had the opportunity to do all these things, but if I could pick just one it'd be go to Jamboree. Jambo is like nothing else. If you're considering going to Jambo 2010, I suggest starting saving your money because it will definitely be worth it.

I never really got into patch trading, but I did a little at Jambo either to get patches I liked or ones of surrounding states. I did a lot at NOAC because I find that lodge flaps are usually a lot more interesting and creative than council strips, but of course it depends on where the patch is from.

@DPooch: If you need a five mile hike, don't be afraid to organize one yourself. You can even do one by yourself if you get documentation or if you can't get an interest started up in your patrol or troop.

Boy Scouts is great if you do it with the right people. I was lucky to have a lot of friends in my troop (not a coincidence) so that camping was a pretty enjoyable experience. Boy Scouts catch a lot of shit, but if can still be a lot of fun and I actually use a lot of Boy Scout knowledge in my daily life.
glacier985  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Eagle in 2003 right before I turned 18. I'm a 3rd generation Eagle and am hoping my son will be a 4th. I also attended the National Jamboree in 2001 and went to Philmont that same year.

Philmont is the best memory I have by far. I went with some a crew of local members from different troops and was lucky that my dad was able to come along as well. I gotta say that the memories from Philmont are ones I will never forget and I would love to go back sometime.

I did a little bit of patch trading in 2001, my council patches were white and changed color when the hit sunlight. My favorite patch I ended up getting was one from an Ohio council that had the Cincinnati Reds(my favorite team) mascot on it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on Life atm.

I got a few years

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed the troop eagle board....2 days after my birthday...I was afraid I was gonna fail, but I somehow made it. I love telling people my eagle scout project.

"So, what did you do?"

"I burned American Flags"

I collected about 700 American Flags, and properly disposed of them (read: burned) at a local military base, with the leader of the base watching. I got the town mayor, and 2/3 country commissioners for a presentation about proper flag care.

My troop was not that active, never went to major jamborees, just local camps and stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: