ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My painted full band setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: My painted full band setup Reply with quote

Over the last month or so, I finally painted my entire full band setup consisting of the WT controller, Les Paul, RB2 Drums, and a GHWT standard microphone. I went for a red and black theme, and on both the les paul and WT controllers, I decided not to make the red SOLID, but rather give a splattered look. For the final layers of red paint, I shook the can less so the coat wasn't even, giving me an effect which I like. Imperfection is perfect.

World Tour controller
-Painted in the style of Black and White "Picasso" Ibanez. Red replaced the white, for parts.
-Brand new strum switches, and the strum bar has been self-tightened for great response.

Les Paul controller
-Simple 45 degree stripe design.
-Neck is hardwired and bolted on the body.

GH:WT Microphone
-Painted with a red to black fade. That's about it.

RB2 drums
-Drum rings are black instead of grey, and the support bars are flat red.
-Both drum pedals plates have been painted with metallic red paint (With lots of clear coat!
-My second bass pedal has a small 1.5 pound dumbbell in one of the slots, so it doesn't fly around.
-XCELL pads will be purchased in the future.

All in all, I am very proud of the setup. Any comments or suggestions?!?!
ND1310  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad, how bout a mic stand? or maybe some red and black drum sticks to go along with your set
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND1310 wrote:
not bad, how bout a mic stand? or maybe some red and black drum sticks to go along with your set

Thanks.

I might get a mic stand eventually. I'm actually considering, gasp, vox drumming. (Doing to Phil Collins style! Pre-sellout, though.) There's not many voxdrummers out there, so I might buy a mic stand with a boom in the future. However, right now, throwing the microphone over the ceiling fan is good enough.

As for drum sticks, the tips of my sticks are starting to wear down, so I might buy new ones. I'd rather buy them at a music store, but I know there's red and black sticks online. At the local music store, they let people try sticks before you buy them, so I like the chance to get a feel for the ones I like the most. Sticks vary greatly from brand to brand, and I don't want to get cool looking sticks that I hate to play with.

And I'm not painting sticks. I may put 20 layers of clear coat on there, but I don't want to run the chance of any paint "rubbing off". Either in my hands or on the pads. They also won't feel the same, and if the painting isn't perfectly even, it will throw off the balance slightly.
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool lookin' mic. :O

Very nice job, man.

[E] For the sticks, you could always leave the top and bottom parts unpainted, although it would look a little funny.
[E2] But like you said, it would probably have to be perfectly even; that'd take a while.
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
MWisBest  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks AWESOME! Could you by chance explain how you painted the microphone?
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't really like the style (personal), but the quality is great.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWisBest wrote:
That looks AWESOME! Could you by chance explain how you painted the microphone?

Painted it black, and then I just painted around the silver edge(I masked it off, though) of the microphone with a couple of coats of red spray paint.

The hardest part is just the fact that there is no masking (Except on the windscreen, silver ring, and wire) to "play it safe", but if I made the microphone too red, I could just do another layer of black on the other side to even it out, so it was pretty much no risk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: