ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cochise triplets (yes I know this has been addressed before)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Cochise triplets (yes I know this has been addressed before) Reply with quote

I really understand the rhythm of the triplets I really do....but I'm having trouble getting them because all I hear during that part is the band playing the other riff of the song, which always makes me lose a sense of the beat so that I don't know how to fit the triplets in. If I could just hear the drums, without the rest of the band, it would be really easy. Anyone have any suggestions for getting this part? I've only gotten it twice, and of course naturally, I screwed up some other stupid notes on those particular runs

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
popemobile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate that part

on my latest high score on that song, i didn't even have a 2x multiplier during that part
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Cochise triplets (yes I know this has been addressed bef Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
I've only gotten it twice, and of course naturally, I screwed up some other stupid notes on those particular runs

Don't feel bad. I had 4 runs where I got them but messed up later. All I can say is to play and hope you get it right. That's what I did.
random  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cochise triplets (yes I know this has been addressed bef Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Don't feel bad. I had 4 runs where I got them but messed up later. All I can say is to play and hope you get it right. That's what I did.

Yeah, I got them probably 10 times before getting a FC (how stupid is that?)

The key for me for the first half is to watch the bar lines and group the notes into sixes. I can guess the timing close enough, knowing that they are triplets, that I normally won't have screwed up within 6 notes. If I get to the bar line a little early or a little late, I just adjust slightly.

For the second half they are grouped naturally, so I planned that the BO BO BO would be up-down-up and the YB YB YB would be down-up-down.

The transition at the half way point? No idea, I have to get lucky on that part.
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're having trouble with the band playing a different riff, just turn the band's volume down. I do that sometimes but it's mainly just because I want the guitar to be louder :P

The key is just to keep a steady tempo. The first part is easy if you can keep your strumming on beat.

On the second triplet part, it's a little tricky because the note groups aren't on the beat. I just don't worry about the beat and just count 1-2-3 in my head for each one on the second part. It works well for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: