ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Need a PS3 Guitar.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SyntheticAnomaly  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Need a PS3 Guitar. Reply with quote

Hey all. I've finally been able to get a new drumset for myself so I can get back to GH/RB drumming. But the sad thing is, I need a guitar.

I've been looking at buying the Les Paul model, but I keep hearing about all these issues(My 360 les paul stopped reading blue/yellow notes after about a year and a half). I wish they had the Xplorer for PS3, but I don't believe the USB connection is compatible.

How problematic is the PS3 LP? And are the problems fixable if they do turn up?
Sixen  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Need a PS3 Guitar. Reply with quote

SyntheticAnomaly wrote:
Hey all. I've finally been able to get a new drumset for myself so I can get back to GH/RB drumming. But the sad thing is, I need a guitar.

I've been looking at buying the Les Paul model, but I keep hearing about all these issues(My 360 les paul stopped reading blue/yellow notes after about a year and a half). I wish they had the Xplorer for PS3, but I don't believe the USB connection is compatible.

Do NOT, inder any circumstances get the PS3 LP, it is by far the worst guitar for any console period. Everyone will agree with me.

I give this answer alot, but i feel its the best answer. If you have a PS2 SG, which alot of people, including me, consider the best guitar ever, you can buy a $20 adapter that lets you use that guitar for PS3.

That adapter is here:
http://www.theantcommandos.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43&Itemid=43
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest to get the latest GH5 guitar. it uses all the guts & the body of the WTar except they used the LP switches on this. they also "rubberized" the strum bar for better grip. it should last forever.

EDIT1: Ninja'd

EDIT2: i do not agree with sexen as my PS3's LP been flawless since i acquire it on january 2008. no dropped note, no lag, no faulty strum bar. guess im lucky enough cuz i rape it everyday i can and still works like a new one.

Last edited by Cabanon on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
SyntheticAnomaly  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all. I'm pretty glad I got the GH5 guitar. I spent some time with it, and one of the things I love most, is how SP activates on MY command. Not just out of a random impulse. And the rubberized strumbar is a godsend. Especially for long GH/RB sessions.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm glad I didn't go out and get that Les Paul.
afrojavi  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gh5 controller strum bar does the same clicking sound of the LP ¿

because i hate the clicking sound from the WTar , i cant keep the rhythm
Rednanaki  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the note of a GH5 guitar, is there any place that sells JUST the guitar without the game?

GH League Season 8, AAA-5 Runner-Up, Seeded #1
Ram12  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a PS3 Guitar. Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
SyntheticAnomaly wrote:

Do NOT, inder any circumstances get the PS3 LP, it is by far the worst guitar for any console period. Everyone will agree with me.

I don't agree with you. My LP is flawless.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rednanaki wrote:
On the note of a GH5 guitar, is there any place that sells JUST the guitar without the game?

No, it always takes a few months before they release the guitar without the game.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
SpinDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my preference is the TAC Double Range ($40 at most walmarts). it's my personal preference and i do have both the red SG and lespaul. some advantages:

-it's a Flying V. which looks awesome.
-it's wireless
-it works on both PS2 and PS3 (different plugs on the wireless adapter). so no additional adapters are needed for system
-if the compatibility issue (idk if it was ever totally resolved) is still there, it works on both RB and GH
-it has 2 sets of frets
-the strap pegs are in the same place for both left and right handed players

disadvantages
-whammy bar was a bit loose for me (prefer a bit more springy one for SP). but a rubber band solved it no problem. and it has no adverse effect on the spring inside.
-it runs on 4 batteries, but it does last a while (haven't changed mine since march)

i haven't had a problem yet with it and i've had it since like october last year. i use it around 4-5 times a week so it is durable.
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone has any additional opinion about PS3 guitars?

I basically just play Rock Band 2, but don't like the Strat so I want to buy a new guitar for my PS3 and I'm divided between the GH3 Bundle and the GH5 Guitar Bundle.

The GH5 costs like 2x the GH3 here in Brazil, but I'm more inclined to it since I don't care too much for the GH3 game and I'm interested in playing GH5.

Besides I heard a lot of bad things about the PS3 LP, so I think the GH5 Guitar is a better option. But on the other side there are those who never had a problem with a LP, so I just don't know what to buy. Is the LP that comes with Aerosmith any better than the GH3 LP?

Unfortunately the PS2 SG with the TAC adapter isn't an option since I couldn't find it anywhere here. (I really miss playing in my PS2 with my Red SG... sigh)

What do you guys think? Any advices?

Thanks
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really get the GH5 guitar. The PS3 LP has way too many problems, even though it's a great guitar. But the GH5 is just as good (IMO) and at least it works most of the time ;P
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reakt00r wrote:
You should really get the GH5 guitar. The PS3 LP has way too many problems, even though it's a great guitar. But the GH5 is just as good (IMO) and at least it works most of the time ;P

Thanks for your help!

I ended up getting the GH5 Schecter and it's a great guitar, almost as good as the PS2 SG.

The "almost as good" is because the strum bar seems a little longer/looser than the SG.

Despite that fact I'm really happy with the guitar and I strongly recommend it as the best option for the PS3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: