ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero GameShow (Fixed a bit)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYVideoGameFreak  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero GameShow (Fixed a bit) Reply with quote

Today i finished up in my Visual Basic class a Jeopardy Game that was all about Guitar Hero so i thought i would share it with the scorehero community. You can download my game Here and it is only 204KB.

Some things to note for the answers the first letter of every word must be capitalized and if the answer is a game you have to put a : after Guitar Hero as in "Guitar Hero: World Tour"

After you play the game tell me what score you got and if enough people enjoy this game I will make a second with new and hopefully better questions, so Please enjoy this game I made and also if wanted post what your final score was.

And yes I know that the question form isnt like Jeopardy but since you have to match the answer exactly like i put it in i thought it would be easier that way.

Also with scoring if you get a () around the number that means you are in the minus because in Visual Basic that is the symbol that you are in the Minus.

ROUND 2: This round is like Who Wants to be a Millionaire and is even Multiple Choice so no more Typing Exact words. You Gain Money at 1,000, 32,000, and 1 Million dollars and if you get a question wrong you go back down to one of those amounts.

ROUND 3: Final Question put in a Wager of how much money you have and answer the last question.

Last edited by NYVideoGameFreak on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:09 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: GermanFatass217
robster  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was pretty awesome. Some of them were pretty tough (mainly How many 100%s does NYVideoGameFreak have and what month did ravageethlon or whatever get his first Freebird FC)

Edit: LOL at me completely guessing the one about you and getting it right with 157

Last edited by robster on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fun498  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool idea, but its unplayable due to bugs. I'd really have a lot of fun with it if they were fixed. Also, then I'd love a sequal. First of all, you should program in a few answers for each question to take quesswork out. Guessing "A revers choke" over "reverse choke" or "bonus song?" over "bonus songs" is kinda rediculous. Maybe make "a" in front of any answer acceptable. Secondly "FGFC" stands for "Full Game Full Combo", not "Full Game FC" Lastly, any combination of questions and answers works so I can say that "Full Game FC" was the first person to FC Jordan.

Goodluck. I'd love to play a fixed version.

Last note: maybe a screen that tells you if your right or wrong instead of having to look at the change in your score.
NYVideoGameFreak  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i just started to learn Visual Basic back in Sept. so i am still not perfect with it and the next game I make will be multiple choice so it will keep the guess work out and not make it so that you have to be so percise with the typing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea just needs a lot of tuning. You should make it so the game ignores case/punctuation/spaces. It sucks to miss like just cause you used & instead of And or something like that.
Also you should show the answer when the player misses.
NYVideoGameFreak  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The case sensative thing is actually something in Visual Basic 6.0 that you cant change I am pretty sure. I guess i could make it accept mulitple answers which i might end up doing once I open the program up again for edits and for the Next game I am defitally going to make it multiple choice so that this isn't even an issue and make everyone happy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use VB when it was 3.0 and 4.0 I havent used it since then, but it was possible back then.

Also I noticed when I closed the program it did not end the process.
NYVideoGameFreak  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I used to use VB when it was 3.0 and 4.0 I havent used it since then, but it was possible back then.

How did you make it case sensative?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also currently taking Visual Basic and I could probably help you out with it if I'm around.

ynglink  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYVideoGameFreak wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

How did you make it case sensative?

When processing the answer, you can have VB put it all in lower case or upper case so it doesn't register as "case sensitive" ;)

I should actually get back into VB and what not, just to screw around with it again...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13,400 Sightread.

Can you PM me what the hell is the "game that is geared more towards the family than the hardcore player" if its not Band Hero?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't play. Run-time error "13". Type mismatch.
What is this I don't even...
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
13,400 Sightread.

Can you PM me what the hell is the "game that is geared more towards the family than the hardcore player" if its not Band Hero?

I got it with Guitar Hero Aerosmith iirc.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
NYVideoGameFreak  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshleyAlden wrote:
daniel192 wrote:
Can't play. Run-time error "13". Type mismatch.
What is this I don't even...

I'm getting this too. Vista 32, running as admin. Sigh :/

Thats wierd because I run it on Vista 64 and it works just fine so I am sorry to all that that this is not working for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: