SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Lili - I feel the smell of old times in the air...OH YEAH, IT'S YOU, LILI! Yeah, I'm really happy to be able to play on more instruments. That'll be a blast. The complexity of this trick makes give way too much cadence to the gameplay, but, being mostly a moderatedly patient guy, and wanting to play a new GH, I can take it anytime. Now that you've mentioned, we might as well race a bit. I can't fucking wait. But don't get your hopes up. It's you who will kick my ass. I'm out of shape, ya know. Too much time without playing GH on the DS. But anyways, thanks for the wishes. I hope to be the same as months ago, and make it up to you.

Nikki - Haha, that's right. Patience is heavily demanded. Anyway, you'll play it like you play GH3: the strum trick, the HOPOs, everything's there. I just needed to get used to the slide notes, and playing notes in the middle of sustains. Ex-Girlfriend and Only Happy When It Rains were good exercises.

XFB - Yep. On the PS2, it's guaranteed to work. I have to test this on 360 though, when I went to do it, I was misunderstanding the steps. But I'll do it when I get some free time on my hands.

JimmyHero33 - I used an XBL Headset as a mic for Vocals. Too bad that the companies make such decision. Well, I guess I'll have to bite the bait. Thanks for the compliments regarding OP though.

So, I started my re-hauling project. I reserved this post for scores, banners, old accomplishments, and other deep stuff (don't get me wrong, I meant stuff for those who really want to know about what I did/am doing). I hope things to go well.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't supposed to happen because I spent too much time on 'em. Either I was just tired or I'm really out of shape.

Also, incase anyone wonders, I can't, at any hypothesis, get into a Bass friendly rivalry or something of sort. I picked 2 Minutes to Midnight, and, thinking I'd rock the living shit out of that song, I forgot about a little, but critical detail: the open notes! When I saw some, I said to myself: "Damn, how the fuck do I do to hit those open notes on DS?" Then I remembered about Graf saying to me that he was wondering how to hit open notes wit a standard controller when WT came out, without knowing that WT isn't playable on DS...well, I restarted the song, and tried Triangle, Square, and when I pressed Circle, I saw my Rock Meter going down. Yeah, I discovered the open note button on DS! The Circle button! Now I just need to adapt myself to this 6th button, so I can finally rock on Bass!

For now, that's it.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Nikki  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, that's true, I didn't remember the Open Note... XD

Question... can you alt-strum Red notes with Circle~L2 then? =O
Or maybe chords?

Hmm, although before that, another question pops up... does Circle work while playing Guitar? =P

Congratulations on the FCs, keep'em coming! ^_^
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki - Thanks! The Circle does work on Guitar as well. Strangely, you can't strum Green with Circle. O_o And you still can't strum chords with it. But it gets easier to strum Red anyway.

So, I got 5 new FC's, and did some non-FC stuff. I got almost 480k on 2 Minutes to Midnight on 1st try, and 532k on The Spirit of Radio, song which people are apparently forgetting about in order to stab GH5. Easily one of the most fun charts on every GH. But, I have pics of this. I'll post these scores when I have more time.

I'm really proud of this stuff, especially because I'm not used to open notes, and I have the little ol' handicap.

Well, these below are the new Guitar FC's. I really don't give a shit about their difficulty, I just want to keep this updated to track my accomplishments.

Apparently I did a pretty solid pathing work on All The Pretty Faces Let's see when I post these on the LB's.

Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus, I love seeing you post accomplishments. I remember the first time I found out you were playing dualshock, and it made me double-take. I was like, "WAT"

Good job on the GH5 FC's, keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooh back to dualshock yayzorz ! nice job on getting these fc already ! keep up the dualsh4x, i can see more coming very soon !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies!

Graf - Glad to see these words coming from you. I remember that time as well, it was pretty cool! Always happy to see some appreciation, between all of that hating, indifference and urge to ignore.

Arvain - As soon as I get back to my best shape, I'll get better stuff. For now, I just get loleasy stuff and such.

Does anybody ever play Bass on PS2? Or maybe it's really that much of a humiliation to play it? Seriously, I got this little pearl. It won't last long, but I'm just gonna bask on this victory.

Also, I got 532k on The Spirit of Radio (Live), which is very fun chart to play, and 474k on 2 Minutes to Midnight on my 1st try with Hyperspeed. I still need to get the perfect run on these though.

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After knowing about the risk of missing that 4 days trip which I waited for and planned so much (it's been since the start of the year) due to a series of problems which popped in yesterday, I played some more GH5 to (try to) forget about it. It's a pretty bitter and complicated sentiment.

The odds still work against me, I'm still forbidden from coming out of Smells Like Teen Spirit without choking on the last chorus, since when I played it on a GH2 custom, as well as I'm forbidden from getting all from Sultans of Swing (which I'LL NEVER FC because I never get the proper fingering for the YBOBY zigzags, unless a miracle happens inside me) but the YBOBY zigzags, and subsequently from getting 600k, as the pic shows. I suck.

I sightreaded that 14 minutes song. That ending is the living hell, didn't expect it, so I bombed most of it. Anyway, very sloppy sightread, expected at least nothing short of 700k. At this rate, 750k will be a wonder, let alone 800 or 850k.

Some bass suckage just for the sake of it. Soon the open notes won't be the problem. The freestyling (can I call it) bits will. Hopefully I can get this as my 1st Bass FC if I don't act like a choking mofo, just like I did on Smells Like Teen Spirit.

I sightreaded The Spirit of Radio, and it's very tricky. What can I expect from Geddy Lee?

Also, some more (virtually obligatory) Guitar FC's.

I'll be looking for a breakdown to check some easier FC's. I can't be assed to waste time with deceptively hard FC's.

Last edited by tidus on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I sightreaded The Spirit of Radio, and it's very tricky. What can I expect from Geddy Lee?

Hell yeah. Geddy's lines rule. I find it sort of sad that you're 1st out of 3... Well, it is a 1st, so grats anyway. Bass = <3.

Keep 'em coming!

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste - Haha thanks! I'm considering start to work on some Bass FC's. But we really need to see people playing this instrument on PS2...

In the meanwhile, more embarassment, this time on 2 Minutes to Midnight. Hope to see this being undone in no time.

anonymous_32  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XFB - The SoS pic is on Guitar indeed. Mad props if you SRFC'd it, you're getting better and better with the plastic guitar. I don't think I can ever FC this song, I suck at the YBOBY zigzags.

In the meanwhile, I'm still hoping to see somebody getting good scores on PS2 Bass. And I may miss the trip, as well as some classes so I can hopefully hide the shame.

anonymous_32  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey come on, don't let those hackers/bad random events/YBO zigzags own you !! and cool to see you're still h4xing on dualshock !! ^____^

(pow)grats !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XFB - I gotta agree.

Arvain - Hey, thanks for your support! Maybe if those zigzags miraculously click on me, I'll get that FC...as for the random problems, it was a row of unfortunate events which made me run out of money so I couldn't pay the rest of the trip pack fee, nor take some money to the trip for food and other stuff. I was really down this entire week. My heart was torn in two.

So, for obvious reasons, I wrote my 3000th post on Lilirock's thread. Unfortunately, I decreased greatly my activity here, but still I could be more recognized as a kind guy than before. People may find posts on Accomplishment threads meaningless, but I always found a way to add feeling and try to link myself to the player I'm trying to support. And I got countless friends with this. Thanks to this, I'm happy here. I smile here.

Anyway, after the 3000th post, I went to play some GH5. I was kinda hasty, because the gamestore closes at midnight, and I hadn't too much time. This session wasn't half bad, although I didn't have time to train tougher songs. This takes me to 22 Expert Guitar FC's.

I had to use my cellphone, hence the different quality. Didn't bring my camera. Lonely Is The Night was the 1st song to induce me into going to training. Trill was easy. It was because of the quick YB-BO chord hammer-on bit before Outro. I nailed it by playing YB earlier.

More soon.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 49 of 92

Jump to: