SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
psx: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey hey hey.. You promised it would be #64

This is definitely the only way to FC Gemini though, if you do more than one real run it turns into more impossible than it already is

And come on now, how the hell do you expect me to pass you again now, 15K is quite a lot these days :P

Oh yeah, nice job too I guess
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO HAPPY. AGAIN.

And now the awesome meter is undeniably in your favor seeing as you are officially as close to FCing GH2X as I am to FCing GHAX lolololololol

Hangar 18 I know can fall for you. I just know it. Every time you give it a grind, I shall be waving that flag. You know the one ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the X. You never have to worry about that asshole again.
And then there were two...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bridge is easy <__<

...but Solo 2 is not.

I suck.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
bl1i8n2k  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the nearly GH2X FGFC. Good luck, man.

OBTAINED STATUS ON 11/12/09 AT 9:20 P.M. CT!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: E Ten Pooh Wii Friend Code: 2265615260693457
fyeah  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photoshopping gemini is a pretty amazing accomplishment, awesome job

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH80sX: FC #25: Play With Me...

First things first, I was actually inspired by the most recent FCer of the 80s Play With Me: one alexhaz64. After seeing him FC the bastard recently, and after my Les Paul decided to be a douchecock, I had this random urge to throw in 80s last night and see what I can do with Play With Me. Turns out chorus 5 came a LOT easier than it used to for me, so, much like when I had that epiphany on Inst., this seemed like a good idea to grind.

Twice I had 100% runs with overstrums in D. Once I had a run where I -5'd before the solo, and FCed out. And here I am with FC #25 on 80s.

Now... to explain the dotdotdot... I'm honestly not as excited about this FC as I really freaking should be, which really bothers me. The scorewhore in me is actually quite peeved at the fact that I didn't even get half a bar from the SP phrase in 5A (and when I get the vid up you'll hear me nice and clearly yell out "FUUUUUUCK".... *shudders*). It's not even a new high score, my 2nd 100% overstrum is higher than this. Oh well, just gives me an excuse to FC this with every character now, amirite? >_> <_<

*runs*
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Deanz  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'd feel the same way about the whole not getting that last half bar of SP because FCing it proves you have the capability, but you have to play it again for extra points and waste time doing so.

Anyway, it's a great FC that didn't take you a week to get, so great job!
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, great job on PWM ! It's a really hard FC, you know, don't feel bad about missing half a bar of SP...

But man... I couldn't sleep if that happened to me >_>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, here's a vid we can all watch and laugh at as I rage over FCing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghrFBQw9KLA

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
And now, here's a vid we can all watch and laugh at as I rage over FCing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghrFBQw9KLA

You'd be sweet on Big Brother... Owait...

Also epic FUCK on the first run.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly how you feel... except I hadn't gotten that sp in the last like 50 runs because my SG's whammy bar is a piece of crap, so it was to be expected. However I wanted to at least beat my score, even if I had to use an alternate path... which I'm kicking myself for forgetting to alter the original path on my FC run... >_>

Anyways, nice job on the sexy FC! I'm sure we'll be seeing more from 80s in the future, amirite? gogo 28 FCs! (also I'm proud to be the inspiration for this one... )

EDIT: lmao at the vid... I was the same way, missing in stupid places all the time... (I don't even want to talk about my reverse choke in bridge...) and that intro used to be so hard for me. But for some reason, like you, I suddenly found the whole song to be really easy... weird how that works out. Kind of overrated if you ask me, but maybe I only feel like this because I failed to get the whammy, who knows.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooooooo psex!!!

This one still eludes me if only for solo A. Any tips

What else is left in 8s? you should be able to get at least 27...
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out the rest of 80s was actually really frustrating me after I knocked off Play With Me, so instead...

GHVH Hard FCed ^_^ (1st overall)

Link to scores here

The above is a link to all my scores ordered by timestamp. Using a randomiser the whole way, that was the order I ended up FCing all of Guitar Hero: Van Halen on hard in the past 2 days (yes, lol @ I'm The One ending up last). I did try to path as I played (hence the rather large number of global firsts), which is much like what happened when I first ran through Greatest/Smash Hits on hard and went right past eddaket by a fairly big margin without even FCing Free Bird or TTFAF (the latter I still need to FC at some point). Some of the songs I was just content with FCing or didn't feel like reduxing anytime soon, so there are a few "horrid" scores in amongst all these. I'll redux a fair bit in the near future for sure.

I do have to say that this is the most fun I've actually had with GH in a long time. Yes, I do enjoy having knocked off huge expert FCs in recent times (Inst., Play With Me, actually getting to 62 FCs in GH2X, etc) but this was really quite relaxing and yet at the same time really fun. I am still a hard player at heart, always will be.

To the songs themselves... this is the fun part:
- Spanish Fly and Eruption are considered the big two amongst the hard players that've gone through this thus far. I actually ended up spending more time on Hot For Teacher than I did on those previously mentioned two combined. That's not to say that Hot For Teacher is the hardest FC imo, its just that its a really frustrating FC to chase (well, all 3 of them are really haha). In all 3 cases, I was actually extremely thrilled to have knocked them off. Truly was (comments probably exemplify this >_>).
- To go along with the hilarity of having to do I'm The One last, the only thing that I kept missing in chasing down this last FC was in fact the "strumming". Hilarious if you've seen the chart, as the strumming is obviously nothing like the expert counterpart. Much like my expert sightread, I wasn't expecting the outro (I didn't even know it was there on expert, and had just plum forgotten about it on hard) and so my last activation was wasted hardcore. Again, another song on the to-redux list.

Long story short: GHVHH (lol look at all those H's) is really fun! Eruption, Spanish Fly and Hot For Teacher definitely kept me on my toes, but most of all I had a helluva lot of fun. Sure, a fair portion of this was straight forward to me, but GH hasn't ever been about playing difficult face melting crap every minute of the day. Did I mention I had a lot of fun with this? I'm not sure I did. >_>

dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to let us know whether or not you had fun. Honestly.

Congrats on the FGFC of course, surprised you were able to pick off Eruption and Spanish Fly so quickly, but then again, not all that surprised ;) Hopefully you'll inspire me to stop sucking at the second half of Eruption.

1st overall is really awesome too, there's quite a bit more competition in there than people might think, so maybe we'll see you defend your crown again (that'd really get you back to your roots ).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 60 of 70

Jump to: