ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Where would you be without Guitar Hero?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nastadon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Where would you be without Guitar Hero? Reply with quote

disturbedfreak wrote:
What if Guitar Hero and Rock Band was never made? What would be your favorite video game? Would you be listening to the same music that you do right now? Would your life be any different?

Discuss
If they where never made I'd probably be listening to the same music. I've really only found 2-3 new bands playing the games. Had a huge variety of music before ever playing them. My favorite game would be the same as it is right now, Bioshock! My life would be a little different though, I've made so many friends through Guitar Hero at local tournaments, and just online friends I ran into playing GH. Plus at partys we usually would have Rock Band set up for whoever wanted to could play. So those would have been slightly different.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
I'd have never bought a next gen console... so i prolly would have dropped out of the gaming scene instead of getting so involved with it.

Definitely this. My last video game was SUPPOSED to be Kingdom Hearts 2, and that was after not buying a game for a whole year. I was pretty much done with gaming and definitely wouldn't have purchased the 360 I own today (sponsorship is why I bought it). Then one day my boyfriend brought home GH2, and the rest was history...

Music-wise I would definitely still be listening to whatever the local radio station fed me. I am glad to have discovered many more rock songs, indie stuff, punk, and most definitely METAL. The Hailey from 3 years ago would probably cringe at some of the stuff I listen to now (and I don't even listen to anything real heavy... the Hailey from 3 years ago probably thought "crap" was a terrible swear word ^_^). Thank you, Guitar Hero!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Grimnir wrote:
I'd have never bought a next gen console... so i prolly would have dropped out of the gaming scene instead of getting so involved with it.

Definitely this. My last video game was SUPPOSED to be Kingdom Hearts 2, and that was after not buying a game for a whole year. I was pretty much done with gaming and definitely wouldn't have purchased the 360 I own today...

I'm here too. Despite the fact that I still have a PS2 (for GH1/2/80s) and even my N64 (hey, everyone loves to play Super Mario 64 and MarioKart 64), I probably wouldn't be gaming much at all these days. Instead, I received a 360 from my mother and now play GH/RB on it as well as having open avenues to Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Halo 3, et al. So due to GH I actually play other games...crazy.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
stealthamo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My music taste would probably be less expanded, seeing as GH and RB turned me on to so many different bands that I wouldn't have heard of before.

Game wise, I usually alternate between GH and sports games. So I'm thinking that I would've played a whole lot more sports games.
STFU, IBIATCL, AYGGMW ZWDC(C), YGSY aside, prove the TOAHIAPH/EIFL model is still GHWT-RB2 AOK for NSFT/HMX IMHO IHMFLY LTMDTT POTUS HIV IDK my BFF jill
BRB AFK
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: stealthamo Wii Friend Code: 356602567334
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avandr3 wrote:
I'd be a few hundred dollars richer

This. lol

I will give credit to the fact that it really opened me up to under the radar bands. I'm more into stuff from the 60s and 70s and GH has helped me appreciate newer music as well.

Like Ace said, I'd have found something else to spend my free time on and then eventually go to something else
bombillo  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea, but musically i would be like, jonas brothers and miley cirus

and i would probably spent the 2000+ hours of my life, in other better stuff like... playing with my dog? lol idk,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated Rock music before I started playing Guitar Hero. Now, my favorite genres are Hard Rock, Classic Rock and Metal.

I'd probably still play video games all day though. I am such a sad person.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero was my doorway into the gaming industry, so I can't even imagine where I'd be today if I had never picked up a plastic guitar back in the summer of 2006, let alone if GH never existed . It also opened me up to a world of music that I had barely experienced, despite my decades of musicianship. I owe a lot of thanks to the dudes over at Harmonix for crafting such a fun and addictive game, because it really did change my life radically .
Megashot  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, where would I be without Guitar Hero?

Well, for starters, without Guitar Hero I wouldn't have the large PS2 game collection that I currently have. Seriously, before I found out about and got Guitar Hero, I rarely played my PS2. I had only about 20-30 games for it at the time. It literally breathed a new life into my system and suddenly I was interested in buying more games for it. Right now my PS2 collection stands at about 160 games, and there are still titles out there that I would like to get. So if GH wasn't made, my PS2 library wouldn't be as big as it is now. GH really made the PS2 my "favorite" gaming console and I still like it today. Heck, I even prefer playing GH on the PS2. I get a nostalgic feeling when doing so, despite the graphics and such (as in GH Metallica, Van Halen) looking dated.

I would still be a video gamer, regardless of Guitar Hero or not. I would still play games, but maybe my tastes would have ended up different if GH wasn't made (no music games). I would probably be playing more RPG's, and I would actually have the time to play them as opposed to jamming out on GH or Rock Band every other minute, lol. Without Guitar Hero I wouldn't have gotten a ton of Rock Band DLC, either.

Also, it also introduced me to more music. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are a gateway to the hard rock music industry. There's several bands out there that I discovered through Guitar Hero/Rock Band, and both me and my brother (Ultrashot on the forums) have gotten songs by them because they sound good to us (like The Sword).

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably have found rock/metal sooner or later, but most likely, later. I probably would never have found Prog, never have been inspired to play Guitar and still like synthesised, looped over pop songs

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
Cubsrule21aza  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd probably be doing some crazy ass final fantasy challenges lol

Blehgopie wrote:
<Blehgopie> FUCKING STRUM LIMIT!
<Blehgopie> HARMONIX FIX AERIS
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Aaron45653 PSN Name: Aaron45653
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be completely fucked financially. I've won several thousands of dollars from tournaments, and a lot of it kept me afloat. My first big win, $1,000 cash, was used to keep from going over the limit on my credit card. I used the money I got from selling an Alienware laptop that I won to pay off that card the next year. I also used tournament winnings to pay for at least one semester of college, thus keeping me out of (additional) student loan debt.

I also wouldn't have nearly as much nice stuff as I do. I used GH money to buy my 360, Logitech Z-5500, a few nice pairs of headphones, I won a 22" LCD monitor...more stuff but it's been awhile so I don't recall everything.

Beyond that, I think GH is probably the one thing that I have become more masterful at than anything else. As such, it helped me to see the beauty and elegance of a system. That is to say, I can analyze a system based on the central concept behind it. For example, look at a river. It's a winding stream of water that can be lazy and placid or fierce and torrential. But it all centers around the properties of water. The only reason the behavior of the water is different in a given area is because of the terrain or other environmental effects. It's just how the water behaves in a given situation. At the constituent level, GH, as with any well-orchestrated system, is composed of a single idea that takes many forms. However, every form is related. It's like a rainbow. Every color is different, yet they are all extensions of each other. This, in my view, is a universal quality of a well-orchestrated system.

I hope that last part made sense...

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
YODAvSIDIOUS  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:

*nonsense*

It didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YODAvSIDIOUS wrote:
f4phantom2500 wrote:

*nonsense*

It didn't.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't get any of that >_>
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: