ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
iRok2 - new Guitar Hero style game (feedback requested)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
j0n0  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: iRok2 - new Guitar Hero style game (feedback requested) Reply with quote

Hello! We are working on a new online game similar to Guitar Hero and Rock Band. It's a little different than some of the other Flash games in the rhythm music genre. Key features:

* True 3D note track
* On-screen music video synchronized to song and game play
* Simplified guitar connection using browser add-on
* Integrated web community and play ranking
* Game and browser add-on work with Internet Explorer and Firefox under Windows, Mac and Linux
* Virtually unlimited song catalog

We are unique in that we don't hand-tune our note tracks. All tracks are auto-generated from the song to best match the beat and melody. This results in a different play experience than other rhythm music games out there. It works great for some songs and less so for others.

This brings me to why we're posting. We've just completed an initial test phase and would like to expose the game to more people. We aren't ready to release but would love to get some feedback from the community. Would this type of game appeal to you? Do you like the embedded video approach? How do you feel about auto-generated tracks?

iRok2.com is not yet open to the public but if you would like to try it out we have a limited number of invites available. Click the invite link on our landing page and then enter "scorehero-gh" in the invite code field. We aren't selling anything and this invite will be temporary only. At this point, we are only looking for feedback from fans of the genre. Thanks!

FCTTFAF  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I love it. And I'm in top rockers for Kryptonite and Cool Cat. See FCTTFAF. I like the game but the video makes it laggy.

EDIT: Video review up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2UH9xqKjI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
j0n0  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey FCTTFAF! Thanks for trying out iRok2 and posting a review on YouTube. You mentioned that the video makes it laggy, could you help us understand what you mean? We haven't noticed this. What type of internet connection do you have? I'm also curious if you had a chance to connect a Guitar Hero or Rock Band guitar using our browser add-on. If so, how did it go? Could you give us one thing you really liked and something that you thought wasn't so great?
FCTTFAF  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j0n0 wrote:
Hey FCTTFAF! Thanks for trying out iRok2 and posting a review on YouTube. You mentioned that the video makes it laggy, could you help us understand what you mean? We haven't noticed this. What type of internet connection do you have? I'm also curious if you had a chance to connect a Guitar Hero or Rock Band guitar using our browser add-on. If so, how did it go? Could you give us one thing you really liked and something that you thought wasn't so great?

Either the lag is caused by the video. Maybe it might not be laggy. Its just the note chart doesnt match. I use Internet Explorer 8. Maybe the video slows down the track. I hear the part of the song and fell like i play it 5 seconds later.

Edit: I didnt like Justin Beiber

Edit 2: Come Together is overcharted. I'll post a full review later.

Edit 3: I don't have a 360 guitar. I play Wii and so I cant connect it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FCTTFAF  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shitstorm of videos are going to be put up.

Come Together

Afterlife

I'm On a Boat

Kryptonite plus review

If you want more, subscribe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: