ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Suggestion for organizing this forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NetStormer  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that could be obtained by locking the threads like that... and then just having the league commisioner (is that right?) edit the post. No Nonsense, just facts. That'd be a good set-up... IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll talk to JC/Matt, but I don't think color coding or keeping stickies relative to each other regardless of update (eman's idea) is an option.
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
we'll talk to JC/Matt, but I don't think color coding or keeping stickies relative to each other regardless of update (eman's idea) is an option.

Unless heavily modded, with PHPBB, it is indeed -not- an option to color code thread titles.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Javman158  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the slow response time, been busy with school, practically living in the computer lab.

In regards to keeping stickies organized, as far as I know there is no way to further organize stickies within themselves, they will always be moved to the top once a reply is made.

As for sub-forums, rabies already covered that. At the time we got the new forum section, we were unsure of overall popularity and how many leagues we would have (if we made the change then, it would be a B/C subforum, and obviously now we would need a B and a C subforum. Again, as noted, the expert leagues will almost certainly expand, and that expansion is unknown as well, it could be more than 4 leagues if this continues to grow at the rate it has been.

The commissioners will definitely discuss this at our next meeting, and try to figure out a temporary way to organize things for this season and make it a little easier to find your specific league threads.
pvhawkeye08  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for everyone that is concerned about having to sift thru the different leagues...
I look under the 'author' and just locate my commish then look at what it is
hope that helps..
mrseb  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rite now i have no problem wiv the way the league forum is laid out, i feel its nice to be able to look at how the other leagues r doin without flippin thru 2 a different subforum.

(GH1 league)
GH1/GH2 Hard FC's Goals
Code:

[ ] Parasite         [X] Infected
[ ] Soy Bomb         [ ] Fat Lip
[ ] Elephant Bones   [ ] Even Rats
[ ] Girlfriend       [ ] Killer Queen
[ ] Yes We Can       [ ] Story of my Love
entropymaxer  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it seems someone dropped a lot of the stickies, so now there are only 4. I think this is good, if you don't go to sub forums this would work. its much more organized and easy to navigate. Thanks to whoever did it
TheBrain  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javman158 wrote:

As for sub-forums, rabies already covered that. At the time we got the new forum section, we were unsure of overall popularity and how many leagues we would have (if we made the change then, it would be a B/C subforum, and obviously now we would need a B and a C subforum.

Perhaps another way would be to create the subforms based on the topic type? Like 'League Tables' and 'This Week's Songs'. These two would be the only ones that are needed, and if the topics are stickied inside them then they wouldn't move about. It would also mean you wouldn't have to change the board names if leagues are added/taken away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely needs some sort of organisation, it's hard to find the C threads which are the only ones I really have interest in.

Goals for Guitar Hero 2:
* FC all of Medium
* Help find the Cut offs for Easy/Medium
* Make top 100 in Medium (Total)
jdw4883  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Next season, if enrollment is as high as this season, we will almost certainly split expert into at least 4 leagues..rather than 3..which would force a change to the forum structure....and we don't want to get in the habit of making changes to the forum structure.

I'm not too sure how it works, but why couldn't you just create another subforum if another expert league was formed?
Ericular  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it time to revisit this? There are "songs posted" threads that are stickied, but grow large since they aren't new posts each week, and "weekly results" posts that also grow large (and numerous, with all the leagues now).

Also makes for two separate posts for league members to trash talk and discuss the current week's songs. Gets a little cumbersome...

I don't know what I'm suggesting, so feel free to ignore this post. Maybe the stickied post could be locked, so that's just info on the weekly songs and who to submit them to, and then the weekly results post is more for talking with each other?
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ericular wrote:
Is it time to revisit this? There are "songs posted" threads that are stickied, but grow large since they aren't new posts each week, and "weekly results" posts that also grow large (and numerous, with all the leagues now).

Also makes for two separate posts for league members to trash talk and discuss the current week's songs. Gets a little cumbersome...

I don't know what I'm suggesting, so feel free to ignore this post. Maybe the stickied post could be locked, so that's just info on the weekly songs and who to submit them to, and then the weekly results post is more for talking with each other?

Here is what I am doing now. We have the stickied threads, that are the main threads for each league. These threads contain all the week to week info and where the roster and weekly songs are posted.

Then we have the weekly results. As soon as a new weeks results are in, I immediately archive the previous weeks results into the archive forum...so for any given week, you should only see one weekly result thread.

The old poll threads have just been done away with.

The net effect of this is that for whatever league you are in, there are only 2 threads that pertain to you directly. This helps enormously with cutting down on the # of threads..and the confusion that ensued when we first started (with polls/etc).

Yes...the threads get a bit larger as a result..but that is what we want. We want more info IN the threads, but less threads overall..that way when you come to the league forum..you don't have to hunt for your thread. I think, by and large, the original things that people used this thread to complain about have all been addressed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation, that makes more sense now.
maxvcore  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this: make a new forum group for leagues so instead of Guitar Hero -> Leagues -> a shitload of posts it would be Leagues -> different leagues (AAA, AA, A, etc.) -> Blah (you could have two subforums for each league like Results and another one called general or something). I hope that makes sense.

GHIII GOALS
Buy Guitar Hero III (November 8th, 2007)
Five Star Expert Career (November 9th, 2007)

Get Some Expert FCs (13)
Four Star TtFaF (on hold until I fix my)
Five Star TtFaF (PS2's syncing issues)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: