ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So close yet so far, GH1 for xbox...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItsMeAgain  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I misread the article. Regardless of that I wonder how the Guitar Hero landscape would look today if GH1 had been put on Xbox? I'm guessing it probably wouldn't have change much since the 360 pretty much killed the Xbox unlike how the PS/2 manages to keep a grip on life even today.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
Tagrineth wrote:
which, considering MadCatz's track record, would've probably been even less reliable than the Les Paul[/size]

The Les Paul was really really good if you didn't get a bad one or you hardwired it. :p

Thus... unreliable...

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
Tagrineth wrote:
which, considering MadCatz's track record, would've probably been even less reliable than the Les Paul[/size]

The Les Paul was really really good if you didn't get a bad one or you hardwired it. :p

The Les Paul was good if you basically redid the whole thing yourself.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having GH1 only on PS2 almost adds a certain mystique, since every other release is available on at least the 360. An Xbox port would probably have faster loading times, and that would be about it.

Also, the wired LP (only used at GH3 demos at GameStop and such) is the best guitar out there. Just sayin'.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsMeAgain wrote:
I guess I misread the article. Regardless of that I wonder how the Guitar Hero landscape would look today if GH1 had been put on Xbox? I'm guessing it probably wouldn't have change much since the 360 pretty much killed the Xbox unlike how the PS/2 manages to keep a grip on life even today.

That's because Sony actually keeps the PS2 alive and Microsoft isn't supporting the old Xbox at all (except for the Xbox Live service because it's tied between the consoles).
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
AGwaG  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Having GH1 only on PS2 almost adds a certain mystique, since every other release is available on at least the 360. An Xbox port would probably have faster loading times, and that would be about it.

Also, the wired LP (only used at GH3 demos at GameStop and such) is the best guitar out there. Just sayin'.

Gh80s says Hi.

Anyways I'm just happy that Guitar hero didn't STAY at Sony-only franchise, because if GH3 didn't come out on Wii I probably wouldn't have started playing GH until like last year when I got a 360 and then I'd be...bad...

I'm not too bummed, things worked out nicely, even without a PS2, a person like myself still has access to like 30 guitar hero games anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGwaG wrote:
Anyways I'm just happy that Guitar hero didn't STAY at Sony-only franchise, because if GH3 didn't come out on Wii I probably wouldn't have started playing GH until like last year when I got a 360 and then I'd be...bad...

Uh, Xbox 360 isn't from Sony, so you wouldn't be playing it on the Xbox 360 then either ;P
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
gx1010  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beedlebub wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
gx1010 wrote:
I think they should make a remake of the first guitar hero for the 360 and PS3. It would have everything plus more details and a few more songs. Plus they could make the hopos would actually work!

No.

That's the fun of GH1, nothing worked as it should. Gives an insane disadvantage to songs like BatM and CBFH.
Yeah, the reason I like GH1 is because it's so different to any other GH/RB game, you have to change your playing strategy a fair bit. It wouldn't be as fun with functional HO/POs.

Anyway, it's not like getting your hands on GH1 is that hard, PS2's are dirt cheap these days. If GH1 did first appear on the Xbox imagine how different everything would be though...
I do have a ps2 and GH1 but I wish it would be on the ps3 so I could just play on one system for the guitar hero games.
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] I do have a ps2 and GH1 but I wish it would be on the ps3 so I could just play on one system for the guitar hero games.[/quote]

You know, if you were to hook up a PS2 on a different TV (or even the same one if you didn't use all your A/V outlets) and use a TAC adapter to play on the PS3, it would take seconds to play on the PS2. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that the Xbox was better than the PS2.

Pity this never happened.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGwaG wrote:
Deschain wrote:

Gh80s says Hi.
So do the OT versions.

Eh, to be honest GH just wouldn't seem right on the original Xbox. I dunno why, it just would.
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With any luck, they might re-release GH1 on the XBL Arcade.

That would be Amazing!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
TheDave  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richjohnny wrote:
With any luck, they might re-release GH1 on the XBL Arcade.

That would be Amazing!

That would be very awesome!
Although, The download size would be rather large.....

Wha??? No Expert scores on SH? a few reasons on my wiki page

My Custom made WIRELESS X-Plorer!
My Custom Painted WIRELESS X-Plorer #2! YES, I really made two of them
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero 1 isn't going to get re-released on anything. It was published by RedOctane and MTV Games. RedOctane is now owned by Activision. The game's stuck in publishing hell.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, instead of rereleasing it they are just licensing the songs again for Smash Hits 1,2,3,4,5,......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: