ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Album Review Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redlar  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: The Album Review Thread Reply with quote

I didn't see any other threads to this, and I thought this would be a good idea.

Just a thread where you review your favourite albums, least favourite albums, or just new albums you've heard!

Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E
Released 1997, Genre : Nu Metal/Funk Metal.
Recommened to fans of : Deftones, Korn, Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

This is Incubus's first full release album. After two EPs - Fungus Amongus and Enjoy Incubus, this was released. Touring alongisde bands such as Korn, and Deftones, Incubus were becoming a staple in the Nu-Metal Scene.
Anyway, to the Album in Question.

Leading to a crashing start with "Redefine", SCIENCE throws its funky roots at you, with some groovy bass lines for the verses, and guitars with the choruses. Then mixing things up with a rather speedy drum solo, this is a great start to the album. Vitamin features some bongos, and a slower build up song. New Skin and Idiot box really show the bassist's skill, as the bass lines are awesome on these two tracks. Glass is one of the more catchy songs on the album, and is a track where you can hear the whole band really working together. Magic Medicine is a drum and bass song. Maybe feels a bit out of place, but its a good drum and bass song none the less. On to my favourite song - A Certain Shade of Green. This is an awesome song, featuring catchy guitar riffs, an awesome bass line, and DJing to the max in the background. Volume Swells, a solo that really fits in, and vocal hooks. If you have to listen to one song on the album, it's this. Favourite things is a one of the more catchy songs, and shows Brandon's Vocal ability to the max. Nebula, Deep inside and Calgone are more average tracks. Good songs, but not quite as eye-popping as previous songs. Anti-Gravity Love song brings a complete change from the other songs, and shows what Incubus will eventually become. This features awesome guitar, Saxophone, bass and lyrics. If you don't like the metal edge on this album, You will enjoy this.

Rating : 9/10. It could be a perfect 10, but the last 3 tracks feel a bit rushed in comparison to the others. However, the strength of the other tracks more than make up for this.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
Twang  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I threw together a review of all of RHCP's albums about 2 and a half years back. I haven't really looked at in a long time but I think it's good and most of it probably still stands as my opinion. Oh and half of the image links are dead but I'm too lazy to fix them.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
redlar  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Reviews. I pretty much agree, except I'd probably give By The Way a higher rating, but that's just because it was the first RHCP album I owned, and I listened the crap out of it.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: