ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Windows 7 "Starter" >:0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCookieMan  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrobob wrote:
TheCookieMan wrote:
My Aunt, who works at Microsoft, got me Windows 7 for a late Christmas Present :P a few questions before it arrives-

1)Will anything but starter work with a netbook?
2)Can the disc make multiple computers on Windows 7?
3)What are some of the major improvements over XP and Vista?
4)Can I burn actually working DVDs with Media Player?

And some of the best features in general. Thanks!
  1. Yes. A netbook is a normal computer, just underpowered. As long as the netbook meets the requirements, it can run any OS.

2. lolwut? Yes, as long as you only install it on the allowed amount of PCs. Standard retail disc is 1 PC, just FYI. You can keep installing all you want, but only 1 PC (usually the first) has a legal copy.

3. Too many to list, really.

4. Well, if you're burning DVDs with WMP, you're doing it wrong in the first place.

1. Yay
2. Ok
3. Ok
4. What's wrong with that?

Peanut Butter Bagels!
ES942  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I am not a Mac fanboy. I have never used a Mac. Second, Windows has wayy too many problems to even begin listing. 7 is a step up from Vista, but that doesn't take much at all. Microsoft decided to throw in a couple of "new" features and release it to keep the cash flow going. That's all it is.

As for Linux, I think it's great.
pyrobob  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
First, I am not a Mac fanboy. I have never used a Mac. Second, Windows has wayy too many problems to even begin listing. 7 is a step up from Vista, but that doesn't take much at all. Microsoft decided to throw in a couple of "new" features and release it to keep the cash flow going. That's all it is.

Linux is a piece of shit. It's an open sourced version of Unix put together by Linus Torvalds who doesn't know jack shit about user friendliness, nor does it allow for many people to use it without practice. I mean like, it's just a shitty OS because it's a step up from being unusable.

See, I can do that too. Stop it. Cite your sources or you're just trolling. Kgo.
ES942  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrobob wrote:
Linux is a piece of shit. It's an open sourced version of Unix put together by Linus Torvalds who doesn't know jack shit about user friendliness, nor does it allow for many people to use it without practice. I mean like, it's just a shitty OS because it's a step up from being unusable.

See, I can do that too. Stop it. Cite your sources or you're just trolling. Kgo.

I don't need to cite anything, this is based on my experiences. This isn't trolling, I'm stating my opinion.
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
pyrobob wrote:

I don't need to cite anything, this is based on my experiences. This isn't trolling, I'm stating my opinion.

the objective is for you to make others understand why you hold that opinion, and saying 'this os has lots of problems lol' doesn't prove anything to anyone.
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
pyrobob  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
pyrobob wrote:

You're coming into a thread, bashing the topic of the thread, spreading outright bullshit, and not backing up claims.

By definition, what you're doing (intentionally posting obligatory statements for or not for reactions) is trolling.
Kane40  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCookieMan wrote:
4. What's wrong with that?

WMP is not really a burning software. You can try ImgBurn... It's free and does a great job.

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:

Sorry, i had to stop you right there. I have tried pretty much any OS in existence and guess which i found the easiest ??

7 is like, XP, re-skined as Vista, Had 90% bugs removed, Super powered for Multi/Hyperthreading and way more.

My laptop that had xp on it , i upgraded to 7.
XP was shitty as hell, Never had a problem so far with 7.
Yes, just beause vista was shit, doesnt mean that 7 is.
Every piece of hardware and software i have thrown at xp vista nd 7, only 7 has support for everything. Even vista's compatibility mode sucks ass compared to the 7edition.
And believe me, this thing is god-damn impressive. I'll never look at another os again, until win8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: