ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So Band Hero drum engine is broken too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: So Band Hero drum engine is broken too. Reply with quote

As per title. I actually started to arse around in Band Hero today, and played some X+ charts. I could not keep a combo worth a shit and finished Demon(s) with:

Forgive the colours, I was filming a Hands view and my settings for hands and highway are drasticly different :P

I am not that bad, honest. I played a few other X+ songs and couldn't hit any double bass at all, constant combo breaks.

However, in other news. I played Demon(s) on regular X, BUT played the X+ version on top of it and WAS able to keep combos. (I was double kicking over the whole song - should have been overhits) I can make videos for anyone who would like to see.

I would ask anyone with Band Hero and 2 pedals to have a go and see what results they get. I am most interested. Gotta love GH/BH drums!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, uhm, now that's unexpected

But didnt you FC DWEDFN with BH's engine?
I'm kinda confused lol.

On the other hand this kind of means that they HAVE to fix it, they can't just ignore it, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toodooloo wrote:

But didnt you FC DWEDFN with BH's engine?
I'm kinda confused lol.

On the other hand this kind of means that they HAVE to fix it, they can't just ignore it, right?[/quote]

Yeah, I FC'd Demons X chart too. Expert charts appear to work ok, but you can evidently put extra kicks in over the top without penalty, although it does break combo sometimes. You may even be able to do this outside of the X+ sections on the X charts, but I am unsure as yet.

The pic above is X+ (hard to tell). The combo was achieved in the intro, when there isn't much double pedal. I didn't get 2x at all in faster sections.

Also, in case anyone was worried about the BH career setlist, there are 0 X+ songs on the BH Disk, they all seem to work just fine on X. Except the 2 songs with broke notes, of course...

Toodooloo wrote:

On the other hand this kind of means that they HAVE to fix it, they can't just ignore it, right?

Or at least play the game before releasing it? It is extremely apparent to me that the X+ charts don't work. Today was the first time I had played one in BH.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol geez. Well now we can play expert in this game, and X+ on GH5.

What a grand solution they offer for us loyal customers.

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea WTF is up with that.

I play X+ on band hero all the time with nary a problem.
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
I have no idea WTF is up with that.

I play X+ on band hero all the time with nary a problem.

Interestingly I played a little bit this morning, and experienced no problems either. Whether it has been ninja fixed or I did something the other day to break the engine, I have no idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God dammit, how can Neversoft screw up something they did well already in GHM? This whole drum engine thing is starting to get annoying, they just HAVE to fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: