ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
February Guitar Hero DLC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we now know some Black Sabbath masters exist! Finally! I wonder when (if) we'll get more.

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!!!!
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god. Black Sabbath? Who thought we'd see THAT day?

I like Breaking Benjamin some, so between that and Sabbath I may get them.

Sabbath though? Holy crap. So happy. Want to cry. No more mediocre covers on RB for me.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
hheemm  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally some BB on GH. I would have liked to see "Crawl" instead of "Give Me a Sign" though. Also, this is why we NEED rhythm guitar on Guitar Hero.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
MetalManiac3021  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally having some Sabbath masters in a rhythm game is fantastic, Third Eye Blind should be pretty fun as well, pretty solid month overall for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Guitar Hero DLC is getting so much better than it used to be. It is catching up with the standard of Rock Band DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyingMonkeysWii wrote:
And thus GH starts riding that crap train again.

Not gonna even take a look at half this stuff. Although Sabbath should be pretty cool.

Really? I think this month is fantastic. A nice selection of different types of bands, all of them very good, IMO. You sound pretty ridiculous if you deem it as terrible without even taking a look at the songs.

You can ride the crap train. I'll take the Awesome DLC Express.

My fiance pretty much exploded over Sooner or Later. Probably one of his favorite songs ever.

cdylan13 wrote:
Black Sabbath masters are a very good sign, outside of that, all crap lol

Do you like any music? Jesus Christ. Negative opinions are one thing, but you never like ANYTHING, and at that point I worry about the sanity of a person who likes almost no music. God rest your soul

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit all those weeks are awesome. RB better watch its back.
Silly  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I worry about the sanity of a person who likes almost no music. God rest your soul

I laughed.

Sabbath is good, the rest is medicore at best to me, the last thing I'd want is more 30STM. Not to say that RB has done any better, seeing as they've had one good week in the last two months.

If nothing else, an excuse to save money.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INTO THE FUCKING VOID!!! Sweet Leaf sucks, but After Forever is amazing. Would have preferred Children of the Grave (the best Ozzy-Sabbath song, IMO), but oh well, we have the single heaviest song EVER.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
FlyingMonkeysWii wrote:
And thus GH starts riding that crap train again.

Not gonna even take a look at half this stuff. Although Sabbath should be pretty cool.

Really? I think this month is fantastic. A nice selection of different types of bands, all of them very good, IMO. You sound pretty ridiculous if you deem it as terrible without even taking a look at the songs.

You can ride the crap train. I'll take the Awesome DLC Express.

My fiance pretty much exploded over Sooner or Later. Probably one of his favorite songs ever.

cdylan13 wrote:

Do you like any music? Jesus Christ. Negative opinions are one thing, but you never like ANYTHING, and at that point I worry about the sanity of a person who likes almost no music. God rest your soul

I agree, most of the negative comments are because someone's favorite band/songs aren't in the game. You can't appeal to everyone. Just because they happen to focus on bands that you don't like or bands that are obscure/lesser known doesn't mean the songs are automatically crap. Take a look at the Blues Pack, or the Fall of Troy pack, both have fun (and challenging) songs. But sometimes being fun is what counts, as with the CCR pack.

Most people just want more Metal songs; look at Rock Band, they have well over 80-90 metal songs (RB1/RB2/DLC), while Guitar Hero World Tour/GH5 has only a few. Personally, I don't see the problem with appealing to different types of music. If you want more metal songs, play GH Metallica or play the 80-90 of them on Rock Band.

The general consensus for most people seem to be "MOAR METAL, everything else is crap". Seriously, try listening to other types of music. This is an awesome month for me, as I like all of the bands on here. As for the songs, sure, it may not be their Number 1 hits, but they are from the artists I like and I would be willing to get them. Playing number 1 hits gets really old as well, I like the idea of lesser-known songs by top artists getting the attention they deserve.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!

Last edited by Megashot on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variety is key and this delivers on that. That's why the last few weeks of Rockband dlc have been lackluster for me, not enough variety.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:

Hi nice to meet you my name is Dylan. I like the music that I like. Guitar Hero tends to not release the kind of music that I like. Nothing against Neversoft, but they are not releasing DLC for the bands that I enjoy listening to. If you would like to refer to what I have on Facebook for the music that I like, it includes...

Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Beatles, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Pink Floyd, Queens of the Stone Age, Soundgarden, Muse, Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Rush, Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, John Frusciante, Foo Fighters, Deep Purple, Living Colour, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Clash, The Rolling Stones, Boston, The Police, Black Sabbath, R.E.M., Metallica, Weezer, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, AC/DC, Alice in Chains, Tenacious D, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Jethro Tull, Mastodon, Dinosaur Jr., Fleetwood Mac, Duran Duran, The Presidents Of The United States Of America, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, Beastie Boys, Sonic Youth, That Handsome Devil, Dead Kennedys, Thin Lizzy, The Replacements, Suicidal Tendencies, Steely Dan, Audioslave, Sublime, Them Crooked Vultures

Last time I checked, Third Eye Blind, Breaking Benjamin, and 30 Seconds to Mars aren't on that list, and I really really don't like their music. Yes I have listened to them. I'm sharing my opinion of songs on a video game on a site dedicated to the game. If you are going to flame me for it, go ahead. I'm sorry that you like the music that I hate. Get the fuck over yourself. Question my sanity? God have rest on my soul?

Megashot wrote:
The general consensus for most people seem to be "MOAR METAL, everything else is crap". Seriously, try listening to other types of music. This is an awesome month for me, as I like all of the bands on here.

I dislike the majority of metal, especially the kind people praise on this site. This is not an awesome month for me, because I don't like most of the bands on here. Funny how that works isn't it?

Last edited by cdylan13 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Megashot  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Variety is key and this delivers on that. That's why the last few weeks of Rockband dlc have been lackluster for me, not enough variety.

Exactly, I like the variety here, but the fact that Rock Band got two Alice in Chains packs and two Tom Petty packs the past two months has made me lose interest in that DLC. I do like the Alice in Chains packs, it's just that they had one come right after the other almost.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
thespike  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will definitely be getting the Breaking Benjamin, so so so glad none are repeats like the 30STM pack. Sooner or Later is awesome, might pick up From Yesterday though if drums are fun like the chart I did but I'm a little tired of it from playing it often.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Next week: Foo Fighters, Tom Petty, and The Who!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: