ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
major new scoring glitch found!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malictus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: major new scoring glitch found! Reply with quote

Well this is annoying. When you are playing with Hyperspeed on, the NON-DIRECTIONAL scratch sections will give you more (double!) points and a greater hit count than when playing without Hyperspeed. I guess this is because hyperspeed 'stretches' these sections.

On Expert level, this makes only a small difference (since there are relatively few non-directional scratching sections). But for levels such as Medium, this makes a HUGE difference in scoring potential.

So I'm going to start indicating in my comments box that Hyperspeed is enabled, especially since I'm currently trying to go back and optimize/FC all my Medium scores. But this is going to be very confusing I'm afraid...

NOTE: This is at least true on my console (Wii) on Medium. Haven't actually tested on Expert/Hard since it's harder to find non-directional scratching there...
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.... fsg really fucked that one up lol

I guess Scorehero should reconsider it's stance on hyperdeck... <_<

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
wow.... fsg really fucked that one up lol

I guess Scorehero should reconsider it's stance on hyperdeck... <_<

I don't think they really screwed up, seeing as how they disallow HD scores from being posted to the leaderboards.

Does make more sense as to why I can't find more points in "Bring The Noise/Justice" though.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man... This definitely changes the state of things. Sure, like you said, it won't be a big deal on Expert. But on Hard especially, the scoring on many sections, which are unidirectional will make scores absurdly high...

I think Grimnir is right, time to reobserve the site's stance on Hyperdeck.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
malictus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
I think Grimnir is right, time to reobserve the site's stance on Hyperdeck.

I would agree, except at this point I think so many have entered their Hyperspeed scores already, and it would be a true mess to try to weed out all of them
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like people who use hyperspeed on robot rock/al naafiyish are gonna get/already got some extra points in the beginning. =p

Wow, this glitch will be unfair in certain songs, like the one I mentioned. I can think of some of the guitar dj songs that have a lot of non-directional scratches.

For in game leaderboards, this won't do anything, but for scorehero, seems like a problem. There is no way to tell if someone used hyperspeed or not other than if they say so or if you check their console in game leaderboard for their score.

Nice find btw.

edit: just tested this and it's true. On the very first scratch section in robot rock/al naafiyish - normal: 600 points 7 notes, hyper: 750 points 9 notes. I also noticed a change in total note count- normal 920 notes, hyper 921 notes. An extra note!? Hyperdeck use really needs to be reconsidered. Well, on certain songs anyway.
malictus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisGX wrote:
edit: just tested this and it's true. On the very first scratch section in robot rock/al naafiyish - normal: 600 points 7 notes, hyper: 750 points 9 notes. I also noticed a change in total note count- normal 920 notes, hyper 921 notes. An extra note!? Hyperdeck use really needs to be reconsidered. Well, on certain songs anyway.

Was just about to post on here that I confirmed the bug on Expert with the same song, but you beat me to it. Although it looks like the increase amount is less on Expert than on Medium. Still enough to potentially be significant.
malictus  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is weird:

http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=16&game=0&platform=0&size=1&inst1=1&inst=1&tier=49&diff=2&team=0&song=789

I just scored 800K on Beats and Pieces on Medium, which is evidently the highest score for that song currently on ANY difficulty!

And it was a terrible run; I'm sure a FC would top 1 mil.

This is probably the very worst case of the hyperdeck glitch affecting a score, since this song on Medium is essentially just one a series of long non-directional scratches...
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy...

After some thought, our stance for score-tracking here will remain the same (i.e. Hyperdeck is allowed).

For one thing as malictus mentioned, it'd be a near impossible task to draw a line between scores that used hyperdeck and those that did not. Blatantly high scores would be obvious, but it would be equally easy to take advantage of the doubled scoring to craft scores in a believable range. If we had some kind of calculated optimal scores to reference then things might be a bit different.

It's not really a "glitch" since everyone has access to hyperdeck, so I'd say that we need to embrace it. If you're going for high score on lower difficulties then it's simply part of the game. Same goes for Expert if you're good enough to attempt "optimal" runs.

I encourage anyone using Hyperdeck for score to mention it in the score comments so people can get somewhat of an idea where they stand either way.

I'm also still open to discussion on this if anyone thinks they have a better solution.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri, this should be on the front page to let people know about it, otherwise, this will be forgotten like many many threads. people HAVE to know this, espcially the last sentences.

Quote:
I encourage anyone using Hyperdeck for score to mention it in the score comments so people can get somewhat of an idea where they stand either way

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of the solution, but I understand the practicality of it.

Time to go find the Hyperspeed code and figure out which songs it's time to re-do I guess.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
CaseyDDR  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This explains a LOT of Anubis's scores lololol.

I'll stick to Non Hyperdecking, because it shows up on the Leaderboards. I don't care what you have on here, if it's not on the leaderboards I don't count it anyways (At least to the PS3 players who I can see).
LanceBriggs55  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyDDR wrote:
I don't care what you have on here, if it's not on the leaderboards I don't count it anyways

I agree.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyDDR wrote:

I'll stick to Non Hyperdecking, because it shows up on the Leaderboards. I don't care what you have on here, if it's not on the leaderboards I don't count it anyways (At least to the PS3 players who I can see).

Not necessarily. I've had a few issues with xbox live in the past, like with my "On the Dance Floor" video where I've gotten disconnected in the middle of the song or just didn't realize that I wasn't connected to live when I played. Doesn't make that score a non-legit score.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaWg wrote:
CaseyDDR wrote:

Not necessarily. I've had a few issues with xbox live in the past, like with my "On the Dance Floor" video where I've gotten disconnected in the middle of the song or just didn't realize that I wasn't connected to live when I played. Doesn't make that score a non-legit score.

If you can get a score once you can get it twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: