SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Your Favourite Bands/Musicians/Artists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redlar  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
I've been listening to Fear Factory's new album ''Mechanise'' and i have nothing but good things to say about it !!! Buying it launch day !!

Seriously, for those that havent heard it, you should.

I hear good things about Fear Factory and I listened to the first single from their new album "Powershifter" and liked it. Could possible be seeing them at this year's Sonisphere.

Where should I start with them? Oh yeah, I really don't like the song "Ressurection". It gets played a lot on the metal hammer chart, but I really just can't get into it.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
ghdude778  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well top 3 are

System of a Down - Their music inspired me to start playing guitar and writing my own music so they have to be number 1.

Nirvana - First concert I ever went to was this band, and it was awesome.

Serj Tankian - I know I put System down, but he also got me started to play piano.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
1. Andrew Bird
Favorite Album: Andrew Bird and the Mysterious Production of Eggs
Favorite Song: Masterfade

Andrew Bird is best classified as a creative, quirky folk with catchy hooks and overly-creative lyrics. He's a big fan of the violin and whistling (yes, whistling). Masterfade is a terrific example of this. What's more, Bird is an absolute fantastic live experience, and his philosophy on music is one I can appreciate. He doesn't write down any of his songs, and he never rehearses a show. His theory is if it's a song worth playing, he'll remember it, and if it's a show worth remembering, it doesn't have a script. I have a serious man-crush on Andrew Bird.

Does he still tour with that Martin Dosh fellow? I saw Bird perform back in '06 and I actually enjoyed Dosh more than Bird.

Are you familiar with the Mountain Goats? They're not really my thing, but I've got a buddy who is crazy about them, and I think it's a fair recommendation for anyone that enjoys Bird.
deadhead15  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The Human Abstract: Nocturne is a masterpiece plain and simple, Midheaven is still good but when AJ left the guitar parts weren't nearly as good, I did enjoy the more progressive approach though. Can't wait for the new album though, I hope its a mix of both previous albums. They were also the first band I ever seen live, that definitely counted for something.

2. Arsis: Very unique sound IMO. We Are The Nightmare is by far my favorite thing they have done, and probably one of my top five favorite albums; very technical and melodic. If Starve for The Devil is as good We Are the Nightmare was then that'll probably bump them up a bit. Also, I can't wait to see them with Arch Enemy and Exodus this month.

The rest I can't really choose, I like most of these about the same, some other than others but I really couldn't decide.

Between the buried and me, Children of Bodom, Protest the Hero, Obscura, Darkest Hour, The Kris Norris Projekt, and a ton more but you sort of get the picture.

Real Guitar Thread: most recent,Brand New Song In The Works http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89080

Accomplishments: most recent, Dark Matter FC (Crazy Chart)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: deadhead6391
TheLieInKing  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinitawowi wrote:
TheLieInKing wrote:
Sneaker Pimps were great. I'm past it now but a few years back I wasn't really listening to anything but trip hop for the longest time. I've kind of exhausted that interest now; I think I gave up after hearing Portishead's latest - wasn't particularly impressed.

Right now I'm listening to the music I've been given this Christmas; A Tribe Called Quest, Amon Tobin, Black Sabbath, Chick Corea, The Dead Weather, Death, The Doors and John Coltrane, in alphabetical order.

Yeah, trip hop kinda died a death somewhere around the turn of the millennium - Sneaker Pimps booted out Kelli Dayton (saw her solo supporting Garbage once; she was okay), Massive Attack became rubbish just after Mezzanine when they dumped Mushroom, and Portishead have never come close to matching Dummy.

Yeah, it kind of all disappeared altogether. I suppose I made a transition to a related but broader area of electronic music after the millenium; I'm still buying 90s cuts from Ninja Tune at the moment.

Personally I actually enjoy Portishead's self titled release more than Dummy. I guess the much more stripped down, traditional instrumentation is kind of unique in trip hop.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinitawowi wrote:
Yeah, trip hop kinda died a death somewhere around the turn of the millennium - Sneaker Pimps booted out Kelli Dayton (saw her solo supporting Garbage once; she was okay), Massive Attack became rubbish just after Mezzanine when they dumped Mushroom, and Portishead have never come close to matching Dummy.

It's a bit of a shame really but the whole trip hop thing didn't really seem like it wanted to last forever... which probably sounds a bit weird, and is undoubtedly just my opinion, but there we go.

That said, I quite like what Massive Attack are doing these days. '100th Window' was a pretty solid album for my money and the new one is sounding alright too from what I've heard. Kelli Dayton, or Kelli Ali as she's calling herself these days is... eh. Her first solo album was passable. Apparently there's been two more since but I wasn't interested enough to check them out. Oh, and of course Tricky is still about, but whether or not his recent stuff is really trip hop in the traditional sense is left as an exercise for the reader...

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redlar wrote:

Where should I start with them?

You should try the album ''Archetype'', it's an awesome album.

Also, try ''De-manufacture'' it's an album that plays before ''Mechanise''

and ''Obsolete'' The album thats plays after ''Mechanise''

So ''Archetype'' ''Demanufacture'' and ''Obsolete''

Try those one's!!
Shikka  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll give my opinion on the subject now I guess (bored at work).

Except for the first band, I will list the bands in no particular order.

System of a Down/Serj Tankian - I love this band. I love all their songs except one (Mind). One of the very few bands I have all the albums and some songs that aren't on any of their main albums. I included Serj since he is the main force behind behind SOAD and his solo stuff is awesome as well. Favorite songs - SOAD: Metro, Chop Suey, Cigaro; Favorite songs - Serj Tankian: Empty Walls, Fears, Unthinking Majority.

Wolfmother - Just recently got into this band because of the Rock Band DLC and I quickly bought both albums. Shame it seems their more popular songs are their weakest ones imo (bases off Itunes sales). Favorite songs - Sundial, Tales, Cosmic Egg.

Muse - Again one of the few Bands I have all the albums for and love all their songs.
Favorite Songs - Muscle Museum, Resistence, Showbiz

Dethklok - This is an odd choice for me because before I heard the Dethalbum I hated growling vocals. However I did not mind it at all when I heard these guys. Again I own both albums. Favorite songs - Go Forth and Die, Murmaider, Hatredcopter.

Queens of the Stone Age
Favorite songs - Burn the Witch, Hanging Tree, I never Came

Amon Amarth
Favorite Song: Twilight of the Thunder God

I'll add more later when I get time

suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:
1. Andrew Bird
Favorite Album: Andrew Bird and the Mysterious Production of Eggs
Favorite Song: Masterfade

Andrew Bird is best classified as a creative, quirky folk with catchy hooks and overly-creative lyrics. He's a big fan of the violin and whistling (yes, whistling). Masterfade is a terrific example of this. What's more, Bird is an absolute fantastic live experience, and his philosophy on music is one I can appreciate. He doesn't write down any of his songs, and he never rehearses a show. His theory is if it's a song worth playing, he'll remember it, and if it's a show worth remembering, it doesn't have a script. I have a serious man-crush on Andrew Bird.

Does he still tour with that Martin Dosh fellow? I saw Bird perform back in '06 and I actually enjoyed Dosh more than Bird.

Are you familiar with the Mountain Goats? They're not really my thing, but I've got a buddy who is crazy about them, and I think it's a fair recommendation for anyone that enjoys Bird.

Don't quote me on it, but the last I saw him he was still touring with Dosh, who is also awesome. I think they kind of do their own thing and tour together whenever they can, pretty cool.

I do enjoy the Mountain Goats. I just got a hold of their latest effort and I have to say I'm impressed. I'm not a huge fan of lo-fi so their older stuff wears on me pretty fast, but I can really get into their newer albums.
ThatJackGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Rancid -great band very talented
2) Paramore -amazing singer one of the most gifted singers ever
3) Pearl Jam -one of the few bands who is still as awsome as they were in the 90's
4) blink-182 -first concert I ever saw
5) Nirvana - not only changed music, but the world too.
CantCatchStoopid  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behemoth just got Evangelion
All That Remains over all just a great band
Dream Theater who wouldn't listen to Jesus Christ play the guitar
Counting Crows yea... i dont know... i got an album for the heck of it and i have been listening to them a good bit too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: