ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 11 Leagues - Now Running!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
id like to know if there are any prizes involved

You get the respect of everyone else on Scorehero. Anything else would be greedy.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someguy617sh wrote:
Alright, I am signed up for GHM One man band and Rb2 hard guitar. Just one question, how will we submit scores? Will I have to take a picture or what?

These are all in the league faq right here

And note that proof was required for the playoffs last season and most likely will be again.

Quote:
How do I submit my score? What needs to be submitted?
Starting with Season 8, we have improved yet again the method by which we take scores. Participation in the leagues now works through and interface that runs directly on ScoreHero and features many integrated features. HUGE thanks to Deimos for setting this up and providing maintenance and troubleshooting for this. The leagues interface is located here: http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/

Once you register, you'll see a list of events on the main page. Click the signup button for the league(s) you are competing in. If you are confused on which one, refer to the season league thread, or PM a manager.

Any leagues you are signed up for will display in a special section titled 'My Leagues'. This section will contain the links that you need to submit scores/etc as you get them. This paragraphs will be fleshed out more once we have more experience with exactly how this interface will look in a runnign league.

Any problems you have with submitting your score, please don't hesitate to PM a league manager.

Quote:
How do you ensure fairness? Is proof required?
The league generally runs on the honor system, similar to ScoreHero.
However, due to past caught cheaters in the leagues, the comissioners reserve the right to challenge any score you PM them and ask for picture proof. If you are an honest player, you should not be worried. If you are a dishonest player, or find that you probably should have been in a higher league (if your scores are legit), be prepare to be challenged on your submitted scores. We have a very good idea of what is/is not possible in a given division if you have been placed right. If you post scores that we feel you should not have been capable of obtaining, be prepared to back it up. We do catch cheaters, and the punishment can be as extreme as a full ban from ScoreHero.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Just a query Reply with quote

KinGod wrote:
I'm in the game, GHM and GHSH Expert Guitar, id like to know if there are any prizes involved

I heard something about the winner being presented 100 virgins. Nais?

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
someguy617sh  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
someguy617sh wrote:
Alright, I am signed up for GHM One man band and Rb2 hard guitar. Just one question, how will we submit scores? Will I have to take a picture or what?

These are all in the league faq right here

And note that proof was required for the playoffs last season and most likely will be again.

Quote:
How do I submit my score? What needs to be submitted?
Starting with Season 8, we have improved yet again the method by which we take scores. Participation in the leagues now works through and interface that runs directly on ScoreHero and features many integrated features. HUGE thanks to Deimos for setting this up and providing maintenance and troubleshooting for this. The leagues interface is located here: http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/

Once you register, you'll see a list of events on the main page. Click the signup button for the league(s) you are competing in. If you are confused on which one, refer to the season league thread, or PM a manager.

Any leagues you are signed up for will display in a special section titled 'My Leagues'. This section will contain the links that you need to submit scores/etc as you get them. This paragraphs will be fleshed out more once we have more experience with exactly how this interface will look in a runnign league.

Any problems you have with submitting your score, please don't hesitate to PM a league manager.

Quote:
How do you ensure fairness? Is proof required?
The league generally runs on the honor system, similar to ScoreHero.
However, due to past caught cheaters in the leagues, the comissioners reserve the right to challenge any score you PM them and ask for picture proof. If you are an honest player, you should not be worried. If you are a dishonest player, or find that you probably should have been in a higher league (if your scores are legit), be prepare to be challenged on your submitted scores. We have a very good idea of what is/is not possible in a given division if you have been placed right. If you post scores that we feel you should not have been capable of obtaining, be prepared to back it up. We do catch cheaters, and the punishment can be as extreme as a full ban from ScoreHero.
Thank you for posting this, I understand some things a lot better then I did before. Looking forward to the league starting.
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Just a query Reply with quote

ShonSuperStar wrote:
KinGod wrote:
I'm in the game, GHM and GHSH Expert Guitar, id like to know if there are any prizes involved

I heard something about the winner being presented 100 virgins. Nais?

100 Fat Girls...? Might have to drop out

Leagues start today!!!!!

EDIT: Doh no they don't
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up for a league. Now all I have to do is wait until the four songs are selected and playing actually begins, correct?

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
I just signed up for a league. Now all I have to do is wait until the four songs are selected and playing actually begins, correct?

Indeed. We're implementing the final round of cuts tonight to narrow it down to just the leagues that will run, and they will start at/around midnight Saturday night, June 12 (Eastern time). Week 1 songs will be revealed then.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
trevster10  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
CyberRaiza wrote:

Indeed. We're implementing the final round of cuts tonight to narrow it down to just the leagues that will run, and they will start at/around midnight Saturday night, June 12 (Eastern time). Week 1 songs will be revealed then.

Sweet!

*keeps fingers crossed for GH3X and H*
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final cut has been made and the official league signups are now open! We've cut the list from 33 leagues down to 18 leagues. Important to note that all preliminary signups have been dropped - so you MUST signup again (for real now), if you'd like to participate.

Check out the new list here and make your final selections!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, only 1 hard league? Fuck that. I was looking forward to this too
trevster10  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
The final cut has been made and the official league signups are now open! We've cut the list from 33 leagues down to 18 leagues. Important to note that all preliminary signups have been dropped - so you MUST signup again (for real now), if you'd like to participate.

Check out the new list here and make your final selections!

No! GH3 Hard didn't make! Oh well.. I can deal with just expert lol.
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My leagues were dropped .

Well, I've got GH2H, but I'm surprised that GH3H got cut. Meanwhile, If there's divisions, I MAY sign up for RB2 expert bass.

P.S. Thanks for the Leagues button!

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Really, only 1 hard league? Fuck that. I was looking forward to this too

Hard gets no lovin...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there are no GH leagues for any other instruments at all? I'm surprised, there were quite a few comments about Metallica OMB, and a number of comments regarding vocal competiton.

I don't even know if I can be bothered to enter a second league now. I've entered the old school one, and out of the other 6 GH options available, 3 of them are for the same games (GH2 & GH3) and I don't have smash hits (since I already own all the songs) so my choice is limited to Metallica (which is mostly too hard for me) or GH5.
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats FingerQuick that GH5 full band is out of the question

I'm doing RB2 X Drums and GH2X right now. I'm thinking whether or not to switch one out for GHSHX

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: