ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official Fix Your Console thread (Check the OP first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey squirell ?? What do you think of this as an x-clamp fix ?? I had my gou repaired and its now 0110 ing on me. Since it was outta warranty, i opened it up.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9596/dsc00003vr.jpg

I URLed it because the pic is huge and its sideways. Its not good right??
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gahhhhhhh I tried the RROD fix and I still get 0020! Can I send it to you and pay with the atari (like I said I've been sending for a really long time...) ?

EDIT: I found out I accutally have 0022.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I've got a problem with a PS2. It refuses to read any of my games, and when I eject the disk tray, it pushes it out and then won't go back in unless I reset the console (it makes a noise like the disk tray is overclocking itself, then makes a whistle sound.)And then I have to reset the date/time etc.

Any Suggestions? thanks in advance.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
dankgame  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey can you help me squirell
so I had a modded 360 that just sat in a corner for months, finally got some DVD DL and copied a game, but I put a HDD from my other 360 on the modded one, it asked to update I said no, it then took me to the dashboard froze, I rebooted a blinking red light nothing on the tv. so WTF happened, how can I fix it, and am I fucked? This 360 was jungleflashed, and had a fan mod.
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it died right at the update screen. It got to hot and needs a re-flow.

What lights are blinking ?? Can you get the Secondary error code ?? (if 3 lights )

Hold the sync button and press the eject button. It will change 4 times to fast blinking lights..

Blinking lights

1 Light = 1
2 Lights = 2
3 lights = 3
4 lights = 0

so if its 4,1,4,2 the actual code is 0102.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
Hey squirell ?? What do you think of this as an x-clamp fix ?? I had my gou repaired and its now 0110 ing on me. Since it was outta warranty, i opened it up.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9596/dsc00003vr.jpg

I URLed it because the pic is huge and its sideways. Its not good right??

That was the original fix. It would fix the RROD for 20 min then it would come back. When I added the bracket that I made, it made it going from locking up on a DVD in 20 min, to still running months later.

ShadoWolf wrote:
Hey, I've got a problem with a PS2. It refuses to read any of my games, and when I eject the disk tray, it pushes it out and then won't go back in unless I reset the console (it makes a noise like the disk tray is overclocking itself, then makes a whistle sound.)And then I have to reset the date/time etc.

Any Suggestions? thanks in advance.

That sounds like a straight drive problem. The only way to fix that is a straight drive replacement

dankgame wrote:
hey can you help me squirell
so I had a modded 360 that just sat in a corner for months, finally got some DVD DL and copied a game, but I put a HDD from my other 360 on the modded one, it asked to update I said no, it then took me to the dashboard froze, I rebooted a blinking red light nothing on the tv. so WTF happened, how can I fix it, and am I fucked? This 360 was jungleflashed, and had a fan mod.

It could be several issues. It could have been an update problem and when it reset itself, the only way to fix that is to send it to MS, or it could be the common GPU problem in which my fix can fix it.

Being there is one light and nothing showing up on the screen, it could be an E74, and its not able to display the E74 page. If that is the case, then my fix will fix it.

Keep in mind, my fix is not a 100% fix. It does not always work. It has about a 90% fix rate, but I have had a couple 0102's that I have been not able to revive since they got the 0102. They just plain wouldn't boot back up. Only way to fix that is with a proper reflow, in which I cannot do.
Monk  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey bro im not getting any rrod or anything like that;; i am getting an open tray for any game i put in the machine tho... i have to tap on it and blow into the dvd drive several times like an old NES just to get a game to load.... or open tray put disc in; then tap the side of the box until it registers...... seems to me the laser eye is off.. tell me whatchathink ?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk wrote:
hey bro im not getting any rrod or anything like that;; i am getting an open tray for any game i put in the machine tho... i have to tap on it and blow into the dvd drive several times like an old NES just to get a game to load.... or open tray put disc in; then tap the side of the box until it registers...... seems to me the laser eye is off.. tell me whatchathink ?

The DVD drive is going. Go to the OP and click on the link to how to replace your DVD drive without flashing it.
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey squirrel, I just replaced my Lite-on drive in my Xbox 360 about a month ago and now it's having trouble reading discs for longer periods of time. The first one I replaced was just having trouble booting up discs but this one can do that just fine. So I've been just trying to install all of my games and that's been going just fine. Some froze at around 70-95% into the install but after a couple of tries they got all the way to 100%. However I recently purchased GH5 and it can't get past 85% before saying "disc unreadable". I have no idea why it could install scratched games and not this brand new disc, and I really don't want to get another new drive when this one only lasted a month. Any idea on how I could fix my drive without just getting another one? The only thing I've tried was just using rubbing alcohol on the lens but that did nothing.

Thanks.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
AlphaTheNeko  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr.Squirrel !!

I have a JTAG'ed xbox 360 that frooze up hile using the new FSD2.0 dashboard. Anyway, when it cooled down and i turned it back on, it gave me an E73. I looked at this, but i dont understand exactly how to fix it.

Can you help me ??
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaTheNeko wrote:
Hi Mr.Squirrel !!

I have a JTAG'ed xbox 360 that frooze up hile using the new FSD2.0 dashboard. Anyway, when it cooled down and i turned it back on, it gave me an E73. I looked at this, but i dont understand exactly how to fix it.

Can you help me ??

The E73 sometimes is the same as the E74 error. Especially by how it locked up, I am pretty sure that it is.

Go ahead and try the fix that I have in the opening post about how to fix the RROD. That's the only thing I can think of.

McSkinny wrote:
Hey squirrel, I just replaced my Lite-on drive in my Xbox 360 about a month ago and now it's having trouble reading discs for longer periods of time. The first one I replaced was just having trouble booting up discs but this one can do that just fine. So I've been just trying to install all of my games and that's been going just fine. Some froze at around 70-95% into the install but after a couple of tries they got all the way to 100%. However I recently purchased GH5 and it can't get past 85% before saying "disc unreadable". I have no idea why it could install scratched games and not this brand new disc, and I really don't want to get another new drive when this one only lasted a month. Any idea on how I could fix my drive without just getting another one? The only thing I've tried was just using rubbing alcohol on the lens but that did nothing.

Thanks.

There is one thing you can try, but I have never tried it.

Just like in my ps2 thread, you can adjust small screws to adjust the laser voltage. A slight turn clockwise will add a little juice to it, and it should start reading ok.
AlphaTheNeko  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've already done the x-clamp fix, and have my gpu running again. should i play with the bolts strenght until it boots ?
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:

Just like in my ps2 thread, you can adjust small screws to adjust the laser voltage. A slight turn clockwise will add a little juice to it, and it should start reading ok.

Okay after messing around with the screws for a while I still can't get it to work. I've been able to set it back to where it was before I touched it but now it only reads dvds and not games. On the PS2 diagram one screw is for cds and one is for dvds, is it the same here or is it one for dvds and one for games. I would think that the dvd and game screw would be the same but it's reading dvds just fine and not games at all. When I put a game in it starts out sounding like it will read then it sounds like it is having trouble reading it and makes a sort of "chugging" noise. I can't find any sort of diagram stating which screw does what.

Thanks.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSkinny wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Okay after messing around with the screws for a while I still can't get it to work. I've been able to set it back to where it was before I touched it but now it only reads dvds and not games. On the PS2 diagram one screw is for cds and one is for dvds, is it the same here or is it one for dvds and one for games. I would think that the dvd and game screw would be the same but it's reading dvds just fine and not games at all. When I put a game in it starts out sounding like it will read then it sounds like it is having trouble reading it and makes a sort of "chugging" noise. I can't find any sort of diagram stating which screw does what.

Thanks.

Sounds like the drive is on the fritz. Only way is to get a new one. I hate lasers. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

Its the same as the ps2, one for CD's, one for DVD's.

AlphaTheNeko wrote:
i've already done the x-clamp fix, and have my gpu running again. should i play with the bolts strenght until it boots ?

Nah, if the bolts were too tight, you'd get a RROD, 0020 error for something being grounded out. I think that xbox is SOL, the E73 means that the network adapter has gone bad. Sometimes its the GPU fix, but usually its the network adapter. I don't know of any fixes for that.
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaTheNeko wrote:
Hi Mr.Squirrel !!

Can you help me ??

Check your JTAG wiring, if something becomes loose then it can cause those errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 32 of 39

Jump to: