ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: WoR Info Thread (Last Updated August 6th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 376, 377, 378  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the rest will export because anyone who already used their code to transfer GH5 to BH wouldn't get them.

THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! I WANT THOSE SONGS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
sumboxcar182  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercyfulFate wrote:
I doubt the rest will export because anyone who already used their code to transfer GH5 to BH wouldn't get them.

THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! I WANT THOSE SONGS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

if you used your code to export you'd still be able to export the second pack from that game, because you've already proven you own it. You'd have to pay another fee but that would be a given, as the artists in the new pack weren't given money from that pack.
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumboxcar182 wrote:
MercyfulFate wrote:

if you used your code to export you'd still be able to export the second pack from that game, because you've already proven you own it. You'd have to pay another fee but that would be a given, as the artists in the new pack weren't given money from that pack.

Good point, but considering the sad state of affairs with imports I won't hold my breath.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when you export the songs they go to your HDD then are read by the game.

For instance I only downloaded WT imports one time and they worked on both GH5 and BH. So if you exported GH5 songs to BH they will already be on your HD, and should be readable by GH6.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
Well when you export the songs they go to your HDD then are read by the game.

For instance I only downloaded WT imports one time and they worked on both GH5 and BH. So if you exported GH5 songs to BH they will already be on your HD, and should be readable by GH6.

But like with GH5 when it came out you need to download a patch for them to work. With the new gameplay elements and all. GH5 added new vocal starpower system, GH6 has open bass notes and maybe ghost notes for drums.
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:

But like with GH5 when it came out you need to download a patch for them to work. With the new gameplay elements and all. GH5 added new vocal starpower system, GH6 has open bass notes and maybe ghost notes for drums.

Neither of those require updates to the DLC.

Pre GH5, SP on vocals was accumulated slowly from every phrase. GH5's vocal engine, however, switched it over to SP phrases. If they didn't update the DLC, Pre-GH5 DLC would have no vocal star power at all, as the phrases had no SP charted. Same with band moments too. As for X+, well. Those are in the same league as the mystery drum notes and the open bass sustains, but I'm pretty sure Neversoft just added X+ charts for the sake of adding them. They had to update the DLC anyway, so why not give something the fans would enjoy too?

Besides, Neversoft/Beenox could have already started adding open sustains onto DLC. Since GH5 can't interpret an open note sustain, it could very well just display the note with no sustain in GH5/BH, but the open note sustain would appear in GHWoR.
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that every song is going to have 13 challenges, so they have to somehow update the previous songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafkie wrote:
Wattershed wrote:

Neither of those require updates to the DLC.

Pre GH5, SP on vocals was accumulated slowly from every phrase. GH5's vocal engine, however, switched it over to SP phrases. If they didn't update the DLC, Pre-GH5 DLC would have no vocal star power at all, as the phrases had no SP charted. Same with band moments too. As for X+, well. Those are in the same league as the mystery drum notes and the open bass sustains, but I'm pretty sure Neversoft just added X+ charts for the sake of adding them. They had to update the DLC anyway, so why not give something the fans would enjoy too?

Besides, Neversoft/Beenox could have already started adding open sustains onto DLC. Since GH5 can't interpret an open note sustain, it could very well just display the note with no sustain in GH5/BH, but the open note sustain would appear in GHWoR.

On Xbox360 you could not even play the songs if you haven't got the patch update, they were grayed out. I think the same will be on GHWoR. If you haven't applied the patch you can't play DLC or imports. As the poster before me said, there will also be challenges added to every song pre-GHWoR.

You most definitely will need to download a patch in order to have;
Open Note Sustains
Challenges
Awards (From the challenges)
Ghost notes for drums

All these things will not be on disk, we have 93 songs on it there will not be much room for more.
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
prognostics  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Twitter:

GuitarHero

One of the biggest gameplay changes in @GuitarHero: Warriors of Rock is the introduction of sustained bass notes. Your thoughts? #ghwor
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prognostics wrote:
From Twitter:

GuitarHero

One of the biggest gameplay changes in @GuitarHero: Warriors of Rock is the introduction of sustained bass notes. Your thoughts? #ghwor

Sustains on bass? This game is gonna be impossible!

In all seriousness, whether this means sustained open notes for bass or pedal for drums, it's kinda scary that it's one of the biggest gameplay changes when the game's competitor is adding an entire new instrument and controller into the mix.

Last edited by inv4der on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: INV4DER
RibbitBark  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prognostics wrote:
From Twitter:

GuitarHero

And people say GH doesn't innovate.
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
prognostics wrote:
From Twitter:

GuitarHero

In all seriousness, whether this means sustained open notes for bass or pedal for drums, it's kinda scary that it's one of the biggest gameplay changes when the game's competitor is adding an entire new instrument and controller into the mix.

But that's an entire new "mode". For the people that just buy it for the plastar with 5 buttons RB3 doesn't add anything either.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had sustained bass notes already.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveAbKI wrote:
We've had sustained bass notes already.

There was never an actual sustain line after the note that gave you points, the note just kind of rang out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reakt00r wrote:
inv4der wrote:
prognostics wrote:
From Twitter:

GuitarHero

But that's an entire new "mode". For the people that just buy it for the plastar with 5 buttons RB3 doesn't add anything either.

I'll give you that, but in that context, neither game is making any real innovations. Sustained open notes aren't a huge deal since they're basically the same as the existing open notes, only now you can't press a button early or you lose points.

My point was more along the lines that this is apparently a major new thing in GH6 and if this is one of the biggest new features this game will have gameplay-wise (not story-wise or songs-wise), negative comparisons to RB3 are basically inevitable. Also, non-pro keys will be playable by plastarists, so they're still technically adding something the guitarists will care about. I apologize for preaching the RB3 gospel in the GH6 thread, but I figure this will come up eventually, so it might as well be me that does it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 376, 377, 378  Next
Page 161 of 378

Jump to: