ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Call of Duty Black Ops. Coming out 11/9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrYumYum wrote:
The only way you can skip school here is with a call from a parent/guardian, or the school will call and ask why so-and-so wasn't there that day of school.

Um....you can just place yourself by the phone when you know they're going to be calling, say "I got it", and then hang up the automated message and say that it was a telemarketer.

Aka, what I did the few times I skipped.

At any rate, the concept of not having any more tenth lobbies is one I relish, and hopefully they will stamp them out somehow, but I think that any faith in Treyarch being able to stop hackers completely in their tracks is misplaced. There are too many people working too hard on that sort of thing to get rid of it completely.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing Treyarch can do (aside from better compression algorithms) is make sure more things are governed/checked by their servers. It's damn near impossible for anyone to modify something they can't get to. My only fear is that they're using the MW2 engine...if they do, then expect things to be similar to MW2 soon enough.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
Eyce  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FBMrider86 wrote:
The best thing Treyarch can do (aside from better compression algorithms) is make sure more things are governed/checked by their servers. It's damn near impossible for anyone to modify something they can't get to. My only fear is that they're using the MW2 engine...if they do, then expect things to be similar to MW2 soon enough.

As far as I know, Treyarch is using their own build of the CoD engine they started to modify from WaW. They've been discussing how they improved their engine with texture streaming in Interviews, something that was introduced in MW2 with the IW4 engine.
blackout4  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
FBMrider86 wrote:

As far as I know, Treyarch is using their own build of the CoD engine they started to modify from WaW. They've been discussing how they improved their engine with texture streaming in Interviews, something that was introduced in MW2 with the IW4 engine.

The engine that will be used in Black Ops will me a upgraded version of the WaW engine.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackout4 wrote:
Eyce wrote:
FBMrider86 wrote:

The engine that will be used in Black Ops will me a upgraded version of the WaW engine.

Which felt a lot like the MW engine.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScreamingEvil wrote:
I thought MW2 did Prestige quite well, I'm on my 6th (i think?) and in my opinion the level ups happen quite easily. Much more easily than CoD4 or WaW in which I have yet to hit max level never mind prestige.

I'll second this. I'm almost 2nd prestige now in MW2, and am still yet to do so in CoD4 (47) and WaW (32 I think)... Mind you, almost EVERYTHING has a challenge attached so...

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
MrYumYum  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
MrYumYum wrote:
The only way you can skip school here is with a call from a parent/guardian, or the school will call and ask why so-and-so wasn't there that day of school.

Um....you can just place yourself by the phone when you know they're going to be calling, say "I got it", and then hang up the automated message and say that it was a telemarketer.

Elaborate. The way I'm interpreting you're solution is tha you're parents would already know you're skipping school in which case, they can just say you're sick. And you're also implying there isn't a course of action after the missed call, and it's also not an automated message. It's an actual person from the attendance office at my school.

OT EDIT: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1114012p1.html

Looks like they took some BF: Modern Combat approach where you can change perspective mid-mission. It's going to take a lot more to make single player campaigns less bland for me. The whole shoot enemies/take cover and then move to next objective and rinse and repeat tactic is too overused, but there's not really much innovation left for FPS campaigns.

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
Nollaig  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the leaked footage from Gamescon Here

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nollaig wrote:

Got removed, I assume you mean this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg2iT--aUr4
zX1337Xz  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
Nollaig wrote:

Got removed, I assume you mean this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg2iT--aUr4

I really like the appearance of that scope on the AUG, and the ADS.

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Slayer17  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this game has a different version of the AUG, considering the clip is only 30 rounds.

Also, I'm not sure how legit this stuff is, but it sounds good so far.

Napalm strike....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer17 wrote:
I guess this game has a different version of the AUG, considering the clip is only 30 rounds.

The version we got in MW2 was the lesser used version, the 30 round assault rifle is the most commonly used, used in many armies like the Irish :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer17 wrote:

Napalm strike....

Yeah, the napalm strike was in the multiplayer trailer in the background, a massive plume of flames rises up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cjmainy wrote:
Slayer17 wrote:

Napalm strike....

Yeah, the napalm strike was in the multiplayer trailer in the background, a massive plume of flames rises up.

Ah sick, I didn't notice that. Thanks! My buddy that predicted that is gonna be happy lol....on second thought maybe he just saw it in the trailer lol.

Edit: Didn't know that either Nollaig. I'm curious to see how the Black Ops AUG is received as opposed to the LMG in MW2.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 14 of 31

Jump to: