ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: WoR Info Thread (Last Updated August 6th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 376, 377, 378  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why are they called chimneys then? Is this a guitar term or a GH term?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH term. I believe they were coined after a Preb custom that had the pattern in them. I don't remember if it was the song or if it was the section that but it was called Chimneys.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriors of Rock has made me get back into GH...

I love the vibe, love the soundtrack, love that GHM exported. Also Money For Nothing is epic to play.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
memesis  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the music store being integrated into Quickplay+? That was a feature I thought was really cool during development. Just tabbing over to the store, purchasing a song and tabbing back to the song library to continue playing. Has anyone used the feature yet?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the music store being integrated into Quickplay+? That was a feature I thought was really cool during development. Just tabbing over to the store, purchasing a song and tabbing back to the song library to continue playing. Has anyone used the feature yet?

i did and its wonderfull and easy. the only drawback is you cannot purchase several track pack at the same time. you can only go 1 by 1. if we could have a cart like the PSN or XBLA, that would be perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:

Haven't gone from Quickplay+ to the store yet, but I have gone straight from the store's archive to Quickplay+, which is awesome. I love that the music store is now accessible from pretty much anywhere now. My favourite use of it so far has been in the Hero Feed where it'll say something like "(insert friend here) has purchased The Unforgiven III" and then there are links in the feed to go buy it. You guys really did think of everything.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
memesis wrote:

Haven't gone form Quickplay+ to the store yet, but I have gone straight from the store to Quickplay+, which is awesome. I love that the music store is now accessible from pretty much anywhere now. My favourite use of it so far has been in the Hero Feed where it'll say something like "(insert friend here) has purchased The Unforgiven III" and then there are links in the feed to go buy it. You guys really did think of everything.

That's the stuff I really loved most about the game (aside from the setlist, obviously). All the little things like challenging your friends, jumping into songs or challenges directly from the hero feed, broadcasting your accomplishments instantly, jumping back and forth from your song library to the store seamlessly, etc. Essentially all the little features that seemingly every review has ignored entirely. Oh well.
/shrugs
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:
memesis wrote:

Haven't gone form Quickplay+ to the store yet, but I have gone straight from the store to Quickplay+, which is awesome. I love that the music store is now accessible from pretty much anywhere now. My favourite use of it so far has been in the Hero Feed where it'll say something like "(insert friend here) has purchased The Unforgiven III" and then there are links in the feed to go buy it. You guys really did think of everything.

That's the stuff I really loved most about the game (aside from the setlist, obviously). All the little things like challenging your friends, jumping into songs or challenges directly from the hero feed, broadcasting your accomplishments instantly, jumping back and forth from your song library to the store seamlessly, etc. Essentially all the little features that seemingly every review has ignored entirely. Oh well.
/shrugs

You put far too much trust in the gaming media and expected them to find that stuff. What you should have done was spending your marketing on highlighting those features. Just like Harmonix is doing, they are bringing people and doing presentations of specific aspects of their games. With GH WoR the axiom became Quest mode is all we're adding this year. So they all looked at quest mode, realized it's all kind of goofy and the songs are stuff they never heard of that they can't pass and they said, fuck this game.

By the way I don't mean you personally, I mean the marketing. Anyway, you guys made a great game that your fans love. If you got bonuses riding on sales, don't count on them, but you made a great game.
memesis  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
You put far too much trust in the gaming media and expected them to find that stuff. What you should have done was spending your marketing on highlighting those features. Just like Harmonix is doing, they are bringing people and doing presentations of specific aspects of their games. With GH WoR the axiom became Quest mode is all we're adding this year. So they all looked at quest mode, realized it's all kind of goofy and the songs are stuff they never heard of that they can't pass and they said, fuck this game.

By the way I don't mean you personally, I mean the marketing. Anyway, you guys made a great game that your fans love. If you got bonuses riding on sales, don't count on them, but you made a great game.

Ya well the marketing team in charge also felt it was a good idea to repeatedly use that stupid risky business house over and over. Theyre not the brightest bunch >_>. As for sales, its really hard to tell which way it will go, despite the reviews. There are so many people that buy simply off brand recognition and never see a single review. So you never know, but im not keeping my fingers crossed. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised should I get any royalties.
Kratos  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What rank do you unlock the Lich King? Just curious.
GesterX  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:
What rank do you unlock the Lich King? Just curious.

I got it at about 70 I think. Definitely between 68 and 71.
Yveul  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's at 71, not sure though.

By the way, as much as I love this game, and the setlist, and every little touches added to it, I have to admit the number of known bugs is the biggest I've seen this far. From challenges that just can't be achieved, to instrument switch and broken track packs... Is there any chance we can see some patch in near or far future ?

Still, I'm really enjoying this game. This is by far the best GH game done yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which interestingly enough is one more than the current level cap in WoW.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Which interestingly enough is one more than the current level cap in WoW.

I thought Lich King raised the cap from 70 to 80?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Level cap is 80 atm, it will be 85 in the next expansion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 376, 377, 378  Next
Page 358 of 378

Jump to: