Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dream Theater News!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DHM078  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream Theater will be inducted into the Long Rock n Roll hall of fame in November!

There are 2 types of people in this world: Those who believe there are 2 types of people in this world, and those who don't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DHM78
Confury  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshleyAlden wrote:
Just to let you all know, James LaBrie's new solo album "Static Impulse" is out and it is damn good. It's pretty heavy and has some progressive elements to it. A must-have metal album of 2010, if I say so myself. Check it out! :]

Listening now. Definitely his heaviest solo album yet. The solos in the album are pretty beast. Drums sound crazy too.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dogtownzboy1  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow its been forever since ive been here, i didnt think this thread would still be here. Thanks for keeping it bumped guys. Share the DT love.

I will eventually forgive Mike Portnoy for what he did...

http://www.last.fm/user/shad0wz69
Follow Me @dogtownzboy1

Haven't been on ScoreHero in 3 years. 4chan ruined my life.
DHM078  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogtownzboy1 wrote:
I will eventually forgive Mike Portnoy for what he did...

Well he has given us amazing music for the past 25 years. I am quite sad that he left, but it really isn't our right to judge him, especially after all he's done for us.

There are 2 types of people in this world: Those who believe there are 2 types of people in this world, and those who don't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DHM78
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

url

Discuss.

I'm thinking that this pretty much clears up all questions about why Mike left, or do you disagree?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to join Zappa Plays Zappa
arte  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Time to join Paramore

fixed
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that DT rejected him. How the fuck can they do that, after all he's done for them, especially when they're the ones that helped him quit in the first place? Fuck those guys. I don't know how I'm ever going to listen to them the same way again.

I also can't believe that almost all of the comments that I read from that article were making Portnoy the enemy or siding with DT.

EDIT: I didn't know they found a new drummer already. That changes my perspective on this a little. It would have been pretty douchey to deny the new drummer because the old one wants to come back. I still hope that they'll let Portnoy back in the band eventually, whether it be in a year, or five, or ten.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:
I can't believe that DT rejected him. How the fuck can they do that, after all he's done for them, especially when they're the ones that helped him quit in the first place? Fuck those guys. I don't know how I'm ever going to listen to them the same way again.

I would say dumping his band to join A7X, then trying to join back is a pretty dick move too.

Mah Customs!
๏̯͡๏﴿ރ
Click there
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:

I also can't believe that almost all of the comments that I read from that article were making Portnoy the enemy or siding with DT.

EDIT: I didn't know they found a new drummer already. That changes my perspective on this a little. It would have been pretty douchey to deny the new drummer because the old one wants to come back. I still hope that they'll let Portnoy back in the band eventually, whether it be in a year, or five, or ten.

A little douchey doesn't quite sum it up.

He's already signed the contract so it would be a little bit law suit inducing.

Secondly, the day MP joins Paramore is the day I lose faith in the man, there's nothing he could do in that band that would suit him in any way shape or form.

Zappa plays Zappa on the other hand...
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, people are taking things too far or hard. It was never permanent with A7X, it was pretty clear from the start and has been said so by others. He didn't leave Dream Theater, he was left behind by the band to continue on without him. I think him trying to just hop back into DT was a mistake, but don't act like the guys in DT are douchebags or something about this. Mike was basically about to leave them high and dry for an undetermined amount of time. With a new drummer and obvious in-band issues, it was probably for the best to try something new and different.

And let's all pray he just goes to do a solo project or maybe a supergroup with some good folks. Paramore...That would be the day lol
reincarnate  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Again, people are taking things too far or hard. It was never permanent with A7X, it was pretty clear from the start and has been said so by others. He didn't leave Dream Theater, he was left behind by the band to continue on without him. I think him trying to just hop back into DT was a mistake, but don't act like the guys in DT are douchebags or something about this. Mike was basically about to leave them high and dry for an undetermined amount of time. With a new drummer and obvious in-band issues, it was probably for the best to try something new and different.

And let's all pray he just goes to do a solo project or maybe a supergroup with some good folks. Paramore...That would be the day lol

He already has Transatlantic.

Mah Customs!
๏̯͡๏﴿ރ
Click there
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arte wrote:
toymachine wrote:
Time to join Paramore

fixed

Favorite post in a really long time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to hear Mike play in a supergroup with a more metal sound, similar to Raw Dog.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:

I agree with this, that it was pretty unrealistic of MP to expect them to take him back (not to mention the kind of message that sends.. like he expects them to just wait for when he feels like coming back). At the same time, as the founder of the band, it's pretty shitty for DT to reject him too. But regardless of the circumstances of being rejected, it's pretty rude that the DT guys didn't even talk to MP face to face or on the phone at least. This whole thing was orchestrated through lawyers.

I guess maybe it's just me, but if I was in a band with somebody for 20+ years I'd at least have the decency to reject them to their face.

I think both parties are at fault here, but it was obvious it wouldn't have worked out anyway. I'll be interested to see what comes of this.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 35 of 40

Jump to: