ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Top 50 Guitar Songs of the First 5 Years of Guitar Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still missing TROGDOR!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garwood wrote:
or maybe top 9 then #1

Ya dood, but based on what songs are chosen for the top 9 number 1 would probably be obvious as shit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I'm liking most of the choices...there are a few that I just don't get though, like Ghost (honestly I don't see any appeal at all in that guitar chart). Overall pretty solid picks though.

By the way there is one very strange thing written in the latest part about Cliffs of Dover...

Quote:
It also cast asunder the idea that manually placed strums were a bad thing.

Say what? Even disregarding my hatred for random strums...how exactly did Cliffs of Dover "introduce" them. I don't remember any random strums at all in that chart (though to be fair I haven't seen it in awhile).

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:

Quote:
It also cast asunder the idea that manually placed strums were a bad thing.

Say what? Even disregarding my hatred for random strums...how exactly did Cliffs of Dover "introduce" them. I don't remember any random strums at all in that chart (though to be fair I haven't seen it in awhile).

I don't know either. I know it is definitely one of the first charts to showcase manually placed HO/POs (Intro A comes to mind), but as far as I remember there aren't any random strums.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted CoD higher. That song was epic from the first time I played it.
I doubt it but I wanted Hark! The Herald Angels Sing on their. It's fun all around and a good song. I find myself playing it everytime I pop in GH5 or GH:WoR.

TTFAF, DWDTG and Jordan will be in the top 5 if not 3.

voidedalive2x wrote:
I don't know either. I know it is definitely one of the first charts to showcase manually placed HO/POs (Intro A comes to mind), but as far as I remember there aren't any random strums.

I always thought Black Magic Woman had random strums too. Then I played EWWS. Those were random! Both of which are list worthy, imo.

EDIT:The Day That Never Comes??

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BShea wrote:
The songs are being judged based on how enjoyable they are to play on guitar.

Hm.. I think Jordan fills that one.. Maybe. Not because the chart itself was incredibly fun to play, but because it was the first real "omgwtf" song and for many of us, the BIG obstacle that we had to work forever to get through (if you started on GH2 anyway). You might not get a lot of enjoyment out of playing the chart itself.. But beating that motherfucker the first time... Nothing like it.

In my opinion, it's the most epic chart in rhythm gaming history (haven't played all the rhythm games, so this is just a stupid statement, but I mean it!)

CoP was also a lot of fun for me.. Not sure if it's been mentioned already and I've missed it though..

Plus Less Talk More Rokk and Laid to Rest. But I REALLY liked GH2, so a good portion of my favorites would be from that game.

(oh, Thunderhorse!)

edit-

And shit, it really has been 5 years? It for some reason doesn't feel like it has been that long. I still remember going to my friend's place and saying "what's this?" and then failing out...
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
Prophet  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost is one of my least favorite songs to play... no idea why it's even on this list. But I'm interested to see what the top 5 are!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Ghost either. Been Caught Stealing should have had that spot since it's obviously only there because they would have felt bad if they didn't put anything else from GHWOR in that wasn't one of the lolhard songs.
JRyder  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evilpacman18 wrote:
I don't like Ghost either. Been Caught Stealing should have had that spot since it's obviously only there because they would have felt bad if they didn't put anything else from GHWOR in that wasn't one of the lolhard songs.

I thought Modern Day Cowboy had a fun chart, and would probably put that in place of Ghost and move it down a few spots. Been Caught Stealing, IMO, was not fun at all to play, and I'm actually dreading playing it in RB3 for that same reason.

In terms of enjoyable guitar parts, my top five would have to be:

1) DWDTG
2) Jordan
3) Less Talk More Rokk
4) Push Push (Lady Lightning)
5) TTFAF

But I doubt that'll be how it is at all. I'm sure those five will be in the top ten in some format, though.

Lupo13  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was writing that list, the song I would put in the very top would be "Do You Feel Like We Do?" I'm not a hardcore plastic guitarist (I've only passed TTFaF once, and it was the Smash Hits chart... ), and that song has 15 minutes of awesomeness perfectly fitted to my skill. The first time I played it, I ended up FCing the outro on my knees. And that was the most epic moment I've had with this series so far, at least on guitar.

I hope it's at least top 10...

Ciao!

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's hoping for a drum list next?

BShea  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:

Well the reason we're doing a guitar list is because with the series turning 5 years old, it means we've been playing plastic guitar charts for 5 years.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see TTFAF making it to number one.

Seeing as I've never had fun listening to the song, let alone playing the song, naturally I'm going to disagree.

But whatever, majority vote and all that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:

But whatever, majority vote and all that.

Speaking from the perspective of an OK guitarist (I've just been able to pass TTFAF on GH 3 now, which was my last on disc song in the series to pass), I found TTFAF to have some great parts to it, but as a whole. I wouldn't even put it in the top 100.

Granted I'm also in the camp of really really dislike listening to Dragonforce so that could be a factor.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BShea wrote:
Warhiem wrote:

Well the reason we're doing a guitar list is because with the series turning 5 years old, it means we've been playing plastic guitar charts for 5 years.

ahh do a drum list anyways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: