ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WOR Expert Guitar FC Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordvader178  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Am I the only one who gets like 96% on Call Me The Breeze? Seriously, that chart is bullshit, and it's the most unfun thing ever. >___> I could go and FC Burn tomorrow, just tap Sodom B, but CMTB is just stupid all over the place. It took me two runs to get 40* on it in Quest mode, because I couldn't hold combo long enough to get the streak stars, and it would take me days to even consider having a shot at FCing it. I thought Freebird on GHSH was going to be hard and annoying, but this is on a whole new level of Lynyrd Skynyrd. >____________________>

Ugh CmtB is annoying. I can barely gt half way without missing at east one note. If anything i'd keep it where it is, i'd even rank it higher than Nemesis. i've FCed Nemesis but I don't im even close to this because its just so chokeable.

The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: GH:WOR Expert Guitar FC Breakdown Reply with quote

FDXCpinballwiz wrote:

79.Call me the Breeze (Live) - it's a live lynard skynard song, what more needs to be said
80.Ravenous - luckily seemingly all the hard parts (intro solo and chimney) are withing the first minute and a half of the song, but it doesn't let up too much after that and is easy to miss
81.Holy Wars...The Punishment Due - fast strumming that can sometimes be awkward to hit, acoustic solo isn't bad, solo at the end is
82.Nemesis - very fast intro and outro strumming, solo 1 has fast and wierd zig-zag pattern
83.(You Can Still) Rock in America - slider notes at end of solo, follow an easy to learn pattern but are still incredibaly fast
84.Burn - chimneys in the first solo are hard, but organ solo overall is much harder, long song
85.Speeding (Vault Version) - strumming sections are pretty quicky with some random notes thrown in every now and then, the two slider sections are what truely make this song difficult to FC
86.If you Want Peace...Prepare for War - solo overall is just hard, slider sections are fast and then a very awkward section right at the end of solo, entire song tires out fingers very quickly, jus non-relentless
87.Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants - nothing too bad outside of the acoustic guitar solo, but that part is pretty damn hard
88.This Day we Fight! - extremely awkward strumming riffs and zig-zag patterns all over the place that are very tiring, especially in solo 2
89.Ties that Bind - bridge strumming is incrediby fast and you have to substain that speed for very long

Ok, let's see

CmtB to me is a very simple song, only hard part is consistency.

Ravenous is hard, but the part that is hard is much shorter and earlier than something like Burn or Holy Wars, making it much easier to grind

Holy Wars has nothing that hard, but it is very easy to miss a note in the large solo 5 minutes into a 6 minute song.

Nemesis' hard part is hard, but can be BS'd with alt tapping. Even then, you still have to deal with the strumming though.

(YCS)RIA certainly looks intimidating, but once you find a method for the pattern it is cake. Hard to learn, easy to master.

Burn imo is severely underrated. Sodom solo B for some reason tears me to shreds when I play it. Not to mention the total chokeability factor of the organ solo and that godforsaken chord change that gets repeated like 100 times.

Speeding is very easy to learn, once you have a method for the intro and strum everything in the riffs. Only speeding riff 5 is that hard, but one handing Holding The Lead is not encouraged either.

IYWPPFW is very tough because of the synth solo, the synth solo is harder than anything else up to this point so far, and after that you got the end of the second solo. All that makes this where it is

Maybe I just suck, but SFTSG seriously seems impossible. Verse 3B is just a clusterfuck of notes that follows no discernible pattern and is about 16 nps. I think this part alone is harder than anything in the previous songs, I have never hit it myself.

Finally, TDWF is a song that once it clicks, it gets much easier. If you can get the riff down, you can FC the song. Solo 2B is still a pain in the ass though, and fatigue is a very real issue when grinding for this FC.

Oh, and TTB doesn't need to move because it's different for everyone.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that the list as it stands has the 80s down perfectly. I can't see anything I'd change there. And do remember that once you get into the last ten or fifteen songs in a game, they become different for everyone - just look at GH3 and the endless discussions that have been had there about where the last ten songs should be ranked (up to RaBl, One, and TTFAF). It's hard to make a list that everyone can agree on because everyone has different skills.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing Through Sunday is overrated... By looking at this list, i thought it was very hard, but i FCed it 3 times in a row...

Also, Bloodlines is underrated. I can easily hit the two first sets of gallops, but the third one is fucking hard, i can never hit it. I dont know if they are the same speed, but i'm almost sure the third set of gallops is a bit faster than the other ones (and it is followed by a solo!).

Psychosocial ranked #77? It was an easy FC for me, and i'm not even close to FCing Indians (#73) and Deadfall (#74).

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
Bloodlines is underrated. I can easily hit the two first sets of gallops, but the third one is fucking hard, i can never hit it. I dont know if they are the same speed, but i'm almost sure the third set of gallops is a bit faster than the other ones (and it is followed by a solo!).
The gallops are the same speed as the previous 2 sets afaik, it's just because they're longer I guess. They're not that difficult though just downstrum everything bar the gallops themselves

Psychosocial ranked #77? It was an easy FC for me, and i'm not even close to FCing Indians (#73) and Deadfall (#74).
I sort of agree...outsde the end of the solo it was an easy FC for me (hell it's the only FC I've got from the game(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodlines is really hard for me as well. Like worse that Nemesis/Ravenous.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Bloodlines is really hard for me as well. Like worse that Nemesis/Ravenous.

I'm having a hard time coming to terms with these three myself. They all come down to one section. I can hit Nemesis solo 1 SOMETIMES, but I'm nowhere near consistent. If I could learn Ravenous' chimney thing, I could FC that with no trouble. If Bloodlines' gallops weren't so strange on this game's strumming engine, that song would also be easy. As it stands, I think it goes Ravenous - Nemesis - Bloodlines, because those sections in the first two are harder than Bloodlines, but then ... to each his own.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
phugar  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually find bloodlines to be on the easier side of the scale. It took a fair few runs but it's all about the fast gallops and they're not THAT tricky if I can hit them. Whereas Nemesis and Ravenous both contain sections I simply struggle with completely.

Also, CmtB seems to be ranked a little too hard. I can see myself becoming consistent enough to FC it, whereas several songsaround it all contain what I'd class as horrible sections.
krusha14  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: editions of the first 9 Reply with quote

As a player who is at the stage that there is a notable difference in the earlier FCs, I feel I need to make my opinion known on the first 9 (which I have gotten most of and attempted all (only posting FCs for now)

okay, bleed it out is easiest because of the constant speed that is very comfortable for most if not all players and the chord HOPO is actually very easy even at the speed since the next note after is that chord anyways, timing isnt even varied for most players when switching to that chord. How you remind me is harder than again because you actually may have to alt strum and it is pretty easy to choke on almost any part of the song for someone who is new at FCs, Facination street has so much random strumming that it is harder than Again and even Lasso, Lasso I sightread FCed and can FC consistantly without effort, the gallops are placed in a way that its not even a surprise, Again is actually a very easy FC, with minimal choke points, and comfortable speed for strumming, the first 5 in order I think should be. Seven Nation Army has one little section that MIGHT trip up a novice, while fascination street you can overstrum VERY easily if you aren't good with counting the notes, and since there are alot of instances ending on an upstrum, it is a royal pain in the butt. 2112 pt5 is very easy to choke on for someone just learning to FC and so is Fortunate Son with some awkward quick hammerons that can cause missed notes easily, get free is beyond rediculously easy and needs to be dumbed down
1. Bleed it out,
2. Lasso
3. Again
4. How you remind me
5. Get Free
6. Seven Nation Army
7. Facsination street
8. Fortunate Son
9. 2112 pt5
update all scores for GH2, 3, 80s, WT [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
50, 60 , 70, 80, 90, 100 Total FCs for all of the following games GH 2, 3, 80s, WT xpert[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
need a 5* or section guide, PM me and i can make one
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would switch 2112 pts 4 & 7...7 is really freakin' difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascination Street is definitely harder than 3. I'd put it above Again and Seven Nation Army for sure.
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusfenixrules wrote:
Fascination Street is definitely harder than 3. I'd put it above Again and Seven Nation Army for sure.

Agreed. Fascination Street should be like #15 or higher, because of the strums in the end

Also, i don't know why Holy Wars is #82. It's 6 fuckin minutes with a hard solo right at the end. Should be at least #85.

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
marcusfenixrules wrote:

Agreed. Fascination Street should be like #15 or higher, because of the strums in the end

Also, i don't know why Holy Wars is #82. It's 6 fuckin minutes with a hard solo right at the end. Should be at least #85.

Because none of the stuff in Holy wars is really that difficult...No way in hell is it more difficult than Nemesis or (YCS)RIA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allright, i will be letting marcusfenixrules continue this thread because quite frankly since college, i haven't had the time or really wanted to update this. so please post in his thread whenever he does it. thank u

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
marcusfenixrules  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDXCpinballwiz wrote:
allright, i will be letting marcusfenixrules continue this thread because quite frankly since college, i haven't had the time or really wanted to update this. so please post in his thread whenever he does it. thank u
And I will start on that right now, so I'll c/p the OP, and then edit the descriptions with capitalization and such, so move all the discussion in there please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: