SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The 2010-11 Scorehero College Football Bowl Pick'em
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
I'm not convinced 28 is enough, especially after the Auburn game, and I hope Saban isn't. About 35 will be fine, then start moving the backups in. I like Michigan State (and Dantonio), so I don't want to run it up on them.
On the contrary, I dislike Michigan State so 49-7 is pretty satisfying to me.

Notre Dame, Illinois and NIU all winning was pretty cool, Northwestern played a very odd game but I kinda expected them to do something similar to that, since any team with a good offense (like Texas Tech) is a bad matchup for the Wildcats. Games like this are what really make me wish they had a half-decent defense; they could really use one.

Rose Bowl tonight! I really like TCU (as a team) but I think I'll root for Wisconsin in this one, since I have plenty of friends in Wisconsin and the whole Big 10 thing, idk, I'll just root for them.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win for Alabama. We should go into the offseason grasping the media attention once again after that one. That Alabama team could've beaten anybody today... I wish we would play like that against LSU, South Carolina, and Auburn.

I hope TCU loses more than I hope Auburn loses. I hate them. GO WISCONSIN.
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ortiz1193 wrote:
Btw I think MSU beats Bama. Just getting that out there now that I know all my picks are wrong.

I did this on purpose btw, knowing that I can't be right no matter what I do.

Alabama beat down MSU like I have never seen before. Lacy was 4th string and was tearing them apart. The MSU players were like little girls out there with all injuries.
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ortiz1193 wrote:
ortiz1193 wrote:
Btw I think MSU beats Bama. Just getting that out there now that I know all my picks are wrong.

I did this on purpose btw, knowing that I can't be right no matter what I do.

Alabama beat down MSU like I have never seen before. Lacy was 4th string and was tearing them apart. The MSU players were like little girls out there with all injuries.

Hell I didn't care if you were serious or not lol. I didn't expect this at all.

Farewell to McElroy in his last game... The most accurate Alabama QB I can remember, and he'll definitely be missed. McCarron takes over now, and he definitely could use some polishing. He also has to fight off Philip Sims, who will be a RS Freshman next year.

Ingram is likely gone, and same goes for Dareus. I think Barron, Hightower, Upshaw (after that game, I really hope so) stay too. I've heard Maze is leaving and Julio is actually having trouble deciding (supposedly leaning towards staying?)

It'd mean a lot if Julio stayed because you all know how new QBs will rely a lot on one receiver to use as a crutch or safety valve, and Julio could be that man next year.

Well, go Wisconsin and sorry Auburn, but go Oregon. I can't cheer for a rival school in a game like that.
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ortiz1193 wrote:
I'm doing so bad that I had a dream last night that Florida beat PSU. (I picked Penn State) I can not get a pick right.

Bahaha. I think this sums up this bowl season pretty well. Congrats to Meyer on his last win as a Gator and all that jazz too.

Big day for the Big 10. As both a fan of MSU and SEC DOMINANCE etc. I was a little shocked by today's games. Michigan and Michigan St. both looked like children in their games.

Re: Tenn, SCar, UGA. Not at all shocked by a loss by Tennessee but UGA losing to UCF? No offense to UCF fans, but... UCF? Also not too surprised by SCar losing but they hardly even put up a fight. Sad. At least Florida pulled one out. Silly SEC East (because you can never quite get elitist enough). I expect LSU to win easily and the Arky and Auburn games are toss ups.

Also, go Wisconsin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good time to update the overall standings again...

Here are the current standings (at the conclusion of Jan. 1 games):

hallj05 - 21
FDXCpinballwiz - 21
BreakingBenjamin - 20
tt122112 - 20
Josseppe95 - 19
goldengoal7 - 17
Kirbah - 17
RLKDragon - 16
SDoner8790 - 16
LCBetz - 16
ortiz1193 - 16
BrianBAM19 - 15
directshot999 - 15
bdawg95 - 13

Average Score: 17.28571429
Total Points Possible So Far: 35
Total Possible Points Remaining: 16

Eliminations:
bdawg95
BrianBAM19
LCBetz
RLKDragon

SDoner8790, goldengoal7, Kirbah, and Josseppe95 can no longer win the contest outright, but they can still win by ending up tied for 1st with someone else and beating them in tiebreakers.
hallj05  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be wrong but I think that FDXCpinballwiz has 22 points (His picks have been edited which could be why it's off).

Also after the past few days I thought that I'd be a lot lower...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hallj05 wrote:
I might be wrong but I think that FDXCpinballwiz has 22 points (His picks have been edited which could be why it's off).

Hmm, yeah I had him down as selecting UConn over Oklahoma, but I just checked and he has the opposite listed. FDXC, when did you make this change? The reason I ask is because you're technically not allowed to alter picks once bowl season had already begun. So if this change was made before bowl season began and I simply missed it, you would currently have 24 points. Otherwise, if the pick was changed later you would still have 21 points. I had this listed as a rule to prevent people from altering their own picks down the stretch simply to give themselves an advantage over what other people had picked (I'm not suggesting that you were trying to do this, just simply stating why I had that rule in place). If you have any questions or are confused, just let me know. Thanks.
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i should have 24 lol, 2 days ago i changed my pick for the uconn/oklahoma game (i finally decided that the thought of uconn pulling off the upset was jus too much haha) so that should put me at 24.

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, if someone changed their picks during the bowl season they were disqualified. I don't know if you are going to be like that this year, but I'm just saying that's what the rule was last year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:
Last year, if someone changed their picks during the bowl season they were disqualified. I don't know if you are going to be like that this year, but I'm just saying that's what the rule was last year.

I think that he actually may have prerecorded everyone's picks to prevent that, judging by the post...

I see what you're reaching at though. If LCBetz did prerecord, he should be able to check and make sure that the only change was to future games, right?
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to get anyone DQ'd. If LC did record the picks beforehand, then there's no problem. He still would have to see when he made the edits, but other than that, I guess it's fine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=OP]After making your picks, you are permitted to change your picks in any game at any time before kickoff of the first bowl game. To change a pick, please edit your post containing all of your picks and change it there by bolding a different team.[/quote]

I was just going by this, i didn't mean to cause a commotion

and if you check when my post picking teams was edited, you will see that it was well before kickoff of the game.

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
hallj05  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't have a problem with the change since it was done before the game, I was just pointing out that it could be why the points were off.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I must have explained the rule poorly. What I meant to say was that you aren't allowed to change any picks you made once the very first game of the bowl season began (the first game was back on December 19th, I believe). If you changed a pick in any game after that time, you automatically get zero points for those picks you changed. So in this case, you will be awarded no points for the UConn-Oklahoma game since you changed that pick after the start of the very first bowl game (which means you still have 21 points overall). It seems like you simply misunderstood the rule, which is probably my fault since my explanation wasn't very good, and for that I apologize. Let me know if you have further questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: