ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero is dead? (No more DLC, no game in 2011)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played Guitar Hero regularly in a while now, but this thread did make me feel quite a bit nostalgic just as it has to others. I remember all the good times Guitar Hero has given me over the past few years, from playing Smoke on the Water on easy at Best Buy, trying to figure out that orange button on hard difficulty, toiling away at Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon on expert before finally finishing GH1 expert career, doing the same to GH2 expert, passing Jordan and TTFAF for the first time, among other things. Also, Guitar Hero has been a catalyst to some of the friendships I have formed in my personal life over the past few years, and as someone who was a painfully shy teen who spent most of his teenage years alone, I'm very thankful for that. I will always look back at the Guitar Hero days fondly and as one of the best times of my life.

With that said, the end of Guitar Hero really was inevitable, for better or for worse. Rock Band’s days are numbered as well, and I would guess that its own death would likely come sooner rather than later. I can’t say I’ve really kept up with Guitar Hero or Rock Band a whole lot lately though. The newest Guitar Hero games that I own are World Tour and Aerosmith, and I only played through each setlist once before realizing that I wasn’t really enjoying myself. I was simply burned out; the novelty had worn off and GH simply wasn’t as fun to me as it used to be. I still play some GH every once in a while, but not nearly with the drive and dedication that I used to have.

I do still enjoy visiting ScoreHero, and I’ll probably still visit this place until the very end, since I’ve always liked the community here. I don’t think this site is going anywhere anytime soon. The level of attrition here may rise as a result of the end of the series (then again, it may not), but I think some of us like this place too much to stop coming back.
DDRmaster1983  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I began playing Guitar Hero in september 2006 when a friend of one of my friends brought his GH2 game. I was instantly hooked. But I began playing seriously when I bought the game in july 2007 and since then I've never missed any of the titles. I am pretty much disappointed that the series are coming to an end but it was expected that it would end some day anyway.

I have only one thing to say... R.I.P. Guitar Hero.

Oh, and also... NO STAIRWAY!!!
Overwin  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SArmstr0ng wrote:

Hahaha, this one made my day.

Anyways, I guess this means I have to go get GHWOR before stocks run out. I had liked RB more up to a point, but it was so awkward I ended up coming back to the one game that introduced me to plastic instruments.

Farewell GH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hardly knew ye...

Well. Here's to Rock Revolution 2?

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then it came to the PlayStation Phone.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCBetz wrote:
Rock Band’s days are numbered as well, and I would guess that its own death would likely come sooner rather than later.

Don't worry about me quoting you, I'm only doing it because it seems a lot of people are saying this exact thing but my post earlier in the thread replying to a lot of this was kinda forgotten. XD

HellAshes wrote:
I'd actually be surprised with Rock Band falling in a year considering how much RBN is doing along with the weekly DLC output. Yeah, I'm 100% sure there's not going to be a Rock Band 4, and I'd also be very surprised to see anymore single band games from HMX, but it's not going anywhere. And even if I'm wrong, HMX knows what they're doing in the rhythm gaming world. Just look at Dance Central. New concept on how to play, same idea.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How successful is RBN? Like how much money are you guys actually making?
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Rock Band is going to be shot in the head like GH was of course, but I do expect that once their initial DLC schedule ends that we'll see a decrease in quantity of songs per week and if the game no longer profitable the focus will be shifted to Dance Central and other games of it's kind.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it this way: it's cheaper than ever to get into Guitar Hero.

Personally, I've just realized this. It's only $50 for a drumset, and $70-$80 for a GH5 or GHWoR guitar bundle. And the games! Oh, how they've dropped in price.

Wanna show some support? Buy the games you missed. Got a faulty controller? Replace it! Then move onto DLC. Start playing catch-up. Maybe if there's enough interest they can at least continue with DLC.

You could do that for Rock Band too. Pick up the Mustang, the keyboard, heck, even the Squier! If sales of competition increase, perhaps there'll be a conversation and a new Guitar Hero could come back to rock your world.

Who knows, maybe Kotick could tag it with "2013 is the year of Guitar Hero. It wasn't dead... it survived the arockalypse."
BigE33  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMX will be around for awhile still, Dance Central is gaining a lot of momentum

I think there is a huge opportunity being missed for both RB and GH right now, people may not want to drop 150 bucks on a band kit but with the mounds of used RB and GH games at game stores people are still in the market for reasonably priced guitars and drums

I cant tell you how many people call my store DAILY looking for this stuff and I have none to sell them outside of WoR full band kit which they dont want or RB3 keyboards
NMC2008  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Dance Central craze is over, so I dunno.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMC2008 wrote:
I think the Dance Central craze is over, so I dunno.

Based on what? There's over 8 million Kinect owners waiting for someone to put out more games for the thing worth playing.
Champiness  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:

???
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champiness wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

???

I'll take that as "I don't understand how this is gonna work".

Just because Sony just announced the phone doesn't mean that developers just found out about it, they've likely been working on this for a while. (Also, mobile rhythm games are likely less expensive and more profitable in general, or Tap Tap wouldn't still be making games.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Champiness wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

???

I'll take that as "I don't understand how this is gonna work".

Just because Sony just announced the phone doesn't mean that developers just found out about it, they've likely been working on this for a while. (Also, mobile rhythm games are likely less expensive and more profitable in general, or Tap Tap wouldn't still be making games.)

Basically, I just wanted to point out that there will still be a "Hero" in 2011; it's just not a main, GH7 or DJH3 Hero. Portable Hero. Xperia Hero!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 17 of 27

Jump to: