ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn Sundays suck. Everyone I know back home is cooped up with schoolwork or other work and I'm stuck at home doing jack shit. I'd love to go for a walk, but it's freakin 40 degrees outside. It's supposed to be like that all this week too, with rain! It's even supposed to snow overnight! It's fucking April, come on. Last year I remember it being 70 degrees and sunny. I didn't have to put on my thick hoodie anymore at this point.

At least next Sunday I'm going to a local show and the following Sunday I'm seeing Symphony X and Powerglove, so that will be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarageMetal468 wrote:
God damn Sundays suck. Everyone I know back home is cooped up with schoolwork or other work and I'm stuck at home doing jack shit. I'd love to go for a walk, but it's freakin 40 degrees outside

Dang, I'd trade the weather here for that any day. The forecast for Jacksonville tomorrow is somewhere around 85 with like 9001% humidity, like always.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarageMetal468 wrote:

At least next Sunday I'm going to a local show and the following Sunday I'm seeing Symphony X and Powerglove, so that will be fun.

...I was going to ask if you were going to the St. Paul show as well, but then I realized that we get Symphony X on Monday. Oh well.

Mondays usually suck for me, but one of my four classes on Monday is cancelled, and next Monday is "April Break". And then of course May 2 is Symphony X.

Also, why the motherfucking fuck, Nevermore?
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
GarageMetal468 wrote:
God damn Sundays suck. Everyone I know back home is cooped up with schoolwork or other work and I'm stuck at home doing jack shit. I'd love to go for a walk, but it's freakin 40 degrees outside

Dang, I'd trade the weather here for that any day. The forecast for Jacksonville tomorrow is somewhere around 85 with like 9001% humidity, like always.

I would gladly make that trade. We're at about 5 straight months of snow and cold here in the upper midwest, and it's getting pretty damn old. We had a couple days in the 70's last week to melt all the remaining snow, but that was apparently just a tease as we're back in the 40's again with some more snow expected in the upcoming days. The good news is that we're beyond the midway point of April so the weather should start improving shortly. I hope.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I procrastinate way too much. It's gotten me by adequately with a 3.9 GPA this year, but it is shitting on my physical health. I typically wait till 11 to even consider starting homework (I actually just finished writing a paper which I knew about for weeks), sometimes waking up early in the morning to start, which is really screwing with my sleep pattern. I'm fine in school, but once I get home I feel like shit and sleep all afternoon. Even then, I typically get 15 hours of sleep Friday into Saturday to make up for my deprivation during the week.

I really want to stop doing that, but every time I try I fail miserably and just rationalize it by saying "eh whatever lol I'll go to sleep early tomorrow night"... which never happens anyway

I'm fucked for college lol

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
GarageMetal468 wrote:

...I was going to ask if you were going to the St. Paul show as well, but then I realized that we get Symphony X on Monday. Oh well.

Mondays usually suck for me, but one of my four classes on Monday is cancelled, and next Monday is "April Break". And then of course May 2 is Symphony X.

Also, why the motherfucking fuck, Nevermore?

St. Paul is way too far, and if a show is coming to Chicago then I'll definitely be going to that instead. I've went to a show outside of Chicago once to see Overkill (went to Milwaukee to see them the next day) because I had school and work when they were in Chicago. I lucked out that it was a Saturday though.

And from what I've heard Nevermore's singer is going to rehab I think. Sucks they dropped off, I missed out on them when they came in October because my cousin was getting married the next day. Soilwork was on there too but their guitarist broke his arm or something, but it's not a big deal for me since I don't like Soilwork anyway.

LCBetz wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:
GarageMetal468 wrote:

I would gladly make that trade. We're at about 5 straight months of snow and cold here in the upper midwest, and it's getting pretty damn old. We had a couple days in the 70's last week to melt all the remaining snow, but that was apparently just a tease as we're back in the 40's again with some more snow expected in the upcoming days. The good news is that we're beyond the midway point of April so the weather should start improving shortly. I hope.

I think it's supposed to be improving starting this upcoming weekend. Couldn't be a better time because that's when all the shows are coming near me and I'll only have 3 weeks til I'm done with school for the year.

And yeah, the 70 degree weather we had gotten had to be the biggest tease I've ever seen. It's supposed to be in the 40s this week, windy and raining

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarageMetal468 wrote:
9001% humidity
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

3926 0220 0199 1364
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
GarageMetal468 wrote:
9001% humidity
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

Wait, didn't I say that?

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
GarageMetal468 wrote:
9001% humidity
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

Good god man, you're more of a Captain Obvious that I sometimes am.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:
GarageMetal468 wrote:
9001% humidity
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

Wait, didn't I say that?
haha, nice catch. I deleted the wrong thing.

3926 0220 0199 1364
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK INSOMNIA
I make all the stupid lifestyle changes (No caffeine, no stimulating activites within 2 hours of bedtime, always waking up and going to sleep at the same time every day, exercise at least an hour a day, do said exercise 4-6 hours before bedtime, drink plenty of water, no napping) and I still manage to lie awake at night for the ENTIRE 8 hours that I set aside for sleeping. That's on the worst nights, on good nights I'll sleep 3-5 of the 8-10 hours I set aside for sleeping. I average about 2 hours a night, maybe more like 4 on the weekends.

So I see the doctor. He tells me to do all the stuff I'm already doing. I guess he doesn't believe me that I'm already doing EVERYTHING he's said, because he won't give me any prescriptions (obviously these should be avoided if possible, but I don't know what else to try) and suggests taking melatonin if I'm really desperate. So I try some, and I no longer lay in bed 4-8 hours before falling asleep, I fall asleep in 20-40 min. THe problem is NOW I wake up 3-4 hours later, and then can't sleep the rest of the night.

My parents won't let me try medical marijuana, but I turn 18 in a few days and I'm planning on getting my card anyway, I need to try something else, and I'm pretty sure pot has less negative side effects than the hardcore prescription sleep drugs.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadied0g wrote:
FUCK INSOMNIA
I make all the stupid lifestyle changes (No caffeine, no stimulating activites within 2 hours of bedtime, always waking up and going to sleep at the same time every day, exercise at least an hour a day, do said exercise 4-6 hours before bedtime, drink plenty of water, no napping) and I still manage to lie awake at night for the ENTIRE 8 hours that I set aside for sleeping. That's on the worst nights, on good nights I'll sleep 3-5 of the 8-10 hours I set aside for sleeping. I average about 2 hours a night, maybe more like 4 on the weekends.

So I see the doctor. He tells me to do all the stuff I'm already doing. I guess he doesn't believe me that I'm already doing EVERYTHING he's said, because he won't give me any prescriptions (obviously these should be avoided if possible, but I don't know what else to try) and suggests taking melatonin if I'm really desperate. So I try some, and I no longer lay in bed 4-8 hours before falling asleep, I fall asleep in 20-40 min. THe problem is NOW I wake up 3-4 hours later, and then can't sleep the rest of the night.

My parents won't let me try medical marijuana, but I turn 18 in a few days and I'm planning on getting my card anyway, I need to try something else, and I'm pretty sure pot has less negative side effects than the hardcore prescription sleep drugs.

What's the dosage of Melatonin you're taking? You can always buy the higher dosage and see if it helps. I take 1 5 mg every night and it knocks me out pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got accepted to the the university I was shooting for, and my reaction was something along the lines of "Eh, cool." I feel like I should be a bit more excited about something like this. It wasn't too hard to understand when Christmas and the like stopped making me giddy, but this...I dunno. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I've been proud of something I've accomplished (probably the last time I updated my accomplishment thread, mirite? ).
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
What's the dosage of Melatonin you're taking? You can always buy the higher dosage and see if it helps. I take 1 5 mg every night and it knocks me out pretty good.

I usually just take 1mg, but have taken as much as 3mg and still haven't felt much more of an effect. I suppose I could always try more, as a natural supplement, it is still probably healthier than drugs. I'll try a 5mg dose; thanks for the suggestion too, despite it's obviousness, I still hadn't even considered just trying more melatonin.

Not sleeping wouldn't even bother me that much, I could deal with the tired, and unsettled feeling. It's the fact that when I do sleep well, all my confidence comes back, I can talk to people again without getting nervous, hell I'd almost go as far as saying I'm an extrovert when I'm sleeping well. Not sleeping just depresses the hell out of me, because I know how enjoyable and easy life is when I actually (rarely though) do sleep well for extended periods. During one such well rested period, I was making really good progress with the girl I like, and I was even feeling confident enough to ask her out (never done that before in my life) and then out of the blue I can't sleep again, and now I'm lucky if I have the guts to just say hi or wave when I see her at work. She probably thinks I'm bi-polar or something, since I went from being so friendly, to never saying anything.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I use Melatonin, I take 3 mg. I took it last night after getting zero sleep on Tuesday night, and was knocked the hell out for 14 hours.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 32 of 400

Jump to: