ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Reporting Post

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reporting Post Reply with quote

I wanted to report a post a few minutes ago and when I clicked the "report" button, it said only registered users can report posts. I'm logged in, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Anyone have a clue?
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reporting Post Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
I wanted to report a post a few minutes ago and when I clicked the "report" button, it said only registered users can report posts. I'm logged in, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Anyone have a clue?

You have to make sure to log in at the home site in order to report posts. For some reason the report function goes through there rather than the forums, and if you're logged in on the forums you're not necessarily logged in to the main site.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reporting Post Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Davers wrote:

You have to make sure to log in at the home site in order to report posts. For some reason the report function goes through there rather than the forums, and if you're logged in on the forums you're not necessarily logged in to the main site.

I was indeed logged out on the home site. Weird why it works like that. Thanks though
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reporting Post Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
I was indeed logged out on the home site. Weird why it works like that. Thanks though

Yeah, this site does weird things with logins - the separation of forums and site, and more notably the fact that it will randomly log you out for no apparent reason and (as far as I've seen) no discernable specified time interval. Oh well.

Anyhow, you're welcome, and happy reporting.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is I log in to the main site first, and that automatically logs me in to the forums. When I'm finished, I log out. It's a little more work than just having it automatically log you in or remember you, but I find that I haven't had any problems doing it like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Reporting Post Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Davers wrote:

JC just confirmed that this is indeed the case. If report isn't working, go back to the home page and login there, this should always fix it. It is a known issue and unfortunately will probably will be fixed with the eventual rewrite.

In the mean time as I went over in the rant thread, you can either send a PM to SH-Bot on IRC or PM any online staff member (or if no one is online, try myself or blingdomepiece)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: