ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Broken Drum Pedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Broken Drum Pedal Reply with quote

Hope someone can offer some useful information here?

I've just received a band hero drumkit off eBay. The seller assures me that he bought the whole lot recently from ToysRUs but didn't want the drums so sold them straight on, and that they have never been used.

On opening the box, I notice that the black sensor pad had become detached (the plastic that holds it together has snapped on both sides).

My questions are as follows:
1) is this something I could repair fairly easily? The inside has 2 wires, 1 orange and 1 red, which look like they were previously held to the top of the sensor with a blob of glue. It looks like I could re-glue them, if I only knew which way round the wires go. Please stop me if this is a stupid idea!

2) I have a rock band pedal from an old RB kit which has become unreliable (ie broken yellow pad). This connects OK to the BH kit but doesn't seem to like me playing the pedal and the cymbals at the same time (I'm playing Smash Hits at the moment if that matters), is this because it is an RB kit or is it just because I'm shit?
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I read correctly the wires to one of the piezo sensors were held on by glue...do not reglue them if possible. Find a soldering iron/ someone who knows how to solder and solder the wires back on. One wire goes on the edge of the center disc, and the other goes on the gold plated side (the piezo should look like it has 2 circles in it). You want to solder on that side.

RB pedals aren't compatible with GH kits. I'm pretty amazed you got it to work, but try using a pedal with a piezo sensor (like a kick trigger, GH pedal, etc)

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I read correctly the wires to one of the piezo sensors were held on by glue...do not reglue them if possible. Find a soldering iron/ someone who knows how to solder and solder the wires back on. One wire goes on the edge of the center disc, and the other goes on the gold plated side (the piezo should look like it has 2 circles in it). You want to solder on that side.

RB pedals aren't compatible with GH kits. I'm pretty amazed you got it to work, but try using a pedal with a piezo sensor (like a kick trigger, GH pedal, etc)

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. Any idea which wire goes to which side? (I'm guessing that's probably crucial)

More investigation with the RB pedal: definitely works with the kit (plugged into the external slot rather than either of the GHpedal slots). Playing WOR it works fine, playing VH and SH I miss frequently. Going into GHJam on WOR I can see that I'm not playing the pad and kick at exactly the same time (I mean I think I am but for some reason GH thinks I'm not, it's either slightly ahead or slightly behind approx 1 time in 5).
Apparently WOR is lenient enough to consider this difference to be small enough to be equivalent to a simultaneous hit, whereas VH and SH count them separately and count it as a missed note.
My only question now is whether this is a symptom of using the RB pedal?
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be sure of this...I don't have your setup. I want to say yes...are the other two games calibrated? It could be that. But again, I advise you to find a guitar hero pedal of some sort.

To your other question, I'm also not sure. But the procedure is correct. I want to say the black wire goes on the outside while the colored wire goes on the inner circle. Try it out.

My Accomplishments
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help man.
I don't have black wire lol there's an orange and a red. I think I can tell which started off where by measuring the trace amounts of PVA glue that are left on each, so I think I'm going to give it a go.
Whether it works or not, I'm going to get myself a new GH pedal anyway, so this broken one will be at best my second X+ pedal.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: