Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What in the heck has come over the 49'ers? They whupped the Buccaneers, 48-3. I knew the 49'ers had played better than I(and probably most people) anticipated, but that sort of beatdown shocked me. Alex Smith has played anything but flashy, but he's been very efficient.

Falcons have to take on Green Bay tonight...oh boy. John Abraham is a surprising late scratch, and with the way Rodgers has been playing, I don't have a good feeling at all about tonight. Ick.

Lastly...hearing that Al Davis is dead still shocks me. I know he was 82 years old, I know he was in poor health, but it still just seems hard to believe he's dead. I don't know why. I want the Texans to do well this season, but I'm glad for the Raiders. They look very promising this season.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets didn't really implode again. The offense was inconsistent, the defense couldn't stop Brady the whole game. However, there was one REALLY bad call that probably messed up momentum in the game. The fumble that was reversed at the one yard line which resulted in a NE touchdown. I didn't see any clear evidence on how that play was reversed. To me, it looked like one of those calls that could either way. (Whether it was called a fumble or not, the ruling should have standed.) Still, the Jets need to figure out their offense big time. This was the WORST defense in football here, and all they could muster was a very low amount of yards and only 21 points, which one TD coming off a very long KR? Fix your shit Jets.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I nearly had a heart attack at the end of that Raiders game, but it was nice to be able to come home to three (very) winnable home games sitting on a 3-2 record. RIP, Al. It was awesome that the game ultimately relied on DHB and Janikowski, two of Al's questionable draft picks, to win it for him in his absence. I'm hoping the Raiders play well enough to win one in memory of Al.

2) Tebow should've been the starter in Denver from week 1. I'm now much more nervous for the Raiders matchup than before, because it's clear that Orton cannot play QB for the Broncos for much longer.

3) Only whiffed on the Saints (barely, ugh), Steelers (as soon as I start believing in the Titans...), and the Seahawks so far on the week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite pleased with the Steelers performance today, that's the way they should play more often. It's amazing what can happen when the offensive line plays well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what the heck was up with the hit on Smith in the early part of the saints-panthers game???? I was flipping the channel, and just turned to it as the 3rd+11 started, and once newton connected to smith (which, i must say, was an amazing catch), harper took him OUT in the end zone. I didn't see the game before that, so was there taunting/trash talk going on previously in the game? Or did harper just not notice where the end zone started?

Fug wrote:
MOM is the easiest imo. The only hard part about the song is listening to it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DRG Ay J4y
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions are impressing me this season. This is crazy. A team who has only won 18 games in the last 5 years and already almost 1/3 of that much this year alone. I was really rooting for them against the Bears to keep their streak alive. This is something this franchise has needed for a while. Hopefully it doesn't die and they end the season with only 5 wins (which I doubt will happen at the way they've been playing so far).

It's just exciting to see them actually do this well. lol
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL THEN.
That game was just terrible. Jesus Christ.
I mean, how can you justify 8 false starts? That's unreal.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Bears had a good offense for 1 quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<EmoArbiter> I'm just sick of people portraying the Bears as horrible
<EmoArbiter> Two of our losses are to UNDEFEATED TEAMS
<EmoArbiter> And the third is to the Saints
<EmoArbiter> Our 3 losses are to the top 3 teams in the NFL.com Power Rankings :/
<EmoArbiter> I think

Bears #1 underrated

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoArbiter wrote:
<EmoArbiter> I'm just sick of people portraying the Bears as horrible
<EmoArbiter> Two of our losses are to UNDEFEATED TEAMS
<EmoArbiter> And the third is to the Saints
<EmoArbiter> Our 3 losses are to the top 3 teams in the NFL.com Power Rankings :/
<EmoArbiter> I think

Bears #1 underrated

Our three losses are to teams with a combined record of 13-2 (The Bills, Lions, and Chargers, FTR), but you don't hear about anybody putting KC in the top 20. At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are. For what it's worth, I think the potential is there for Chicago- you just need to fire Mike Martz and bring in two more bodies for the o-line. Christ, Martz's playcalling last night and refusal to use extra blockers to protect Cutler was downright criminal.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears are too damn inconsistent for my liking... they seem to constantly be on the verge of going balls out like the Packers but then shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt kinda sorry for Cutler yesterday. He played his damn heart out and just got smashed all night long. Unfortunately, that's seemed to be an issue all season.

They need to fix that godawful offensive line, and I don't see them being able to do that this season. The Bears needed virtually flawless football last season to get them to where they are, and that luck just isn't sustainable. The Bears were 6-10 in 09 before jumping out to 11-5 last year. I see them being anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8 this season, and it's virtually all because of that offensive line. They'll eventually find SOME combination that can keep Cutler up long enough to plant his feet, but when you're benching players and then throwing them back into the starting lineup because your depth sucks, it's an issue. And unfortunately for them, it's not an easily fixable issue. In a division with 3 pretty fierce pass rushes (as well as having to play the AFC West, who are pretty good in pass rushing as well), it's going to be a tough hole to dig themselves out of.

The schedule likely won't have much to do with the Bears' success this season. They play the following for the entire year: vs Vikings, at Bucs in London, at Eagles, vs Lions, vs Chargers, at Raiders, vs Chiefs, at Broncos, vs Seahawks, at Packers, at Vikings. Even with a sweep of the Vikings and beating the Bucs, Chiefs, Broncos, and Seahawks, the Bears get to 9-7. I don't think it's very unreasonable, especially the way the team's played lately, to drop one of those winnable games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets traded Mason. Good idea since he's done nothing but complain this season and Kerley is looking pretty good.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Jets traded Mason. Good idea since he's done nothing but complain this season and Kerley is looking pretty good.

Here's to hoping he'll do a better job for us!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudFuel wrote:
HellAshes wrote:

Here's to hoping he'll do a better job for us!

He's 37 and was booted for "not grasping the offense," which is just a nice way of saying that he was talking smack to and about anybody within earshot. Here's a video of Bill Belichick cursing him out in the middle of the game-

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/09/16/bill-belichick-cursing-out-derrick-mason-in-2009/

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 37 of 111

Jump to: