ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Complete Soundtrack Downloads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUltimateDonut  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Complete Soundtrack Downloads Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I'm new here, and I have no idea where this should go. If it's in the wrong place, one of the admins can move it. Basically, I want to find a download for the IN-GAME soundtracks of each Guitar Hero game. So yes, that means the WaveGroup covers used in the earlier games and non-fadeout versions used for songs like "I Wanna Rock" and "Crazy Train" that fade out at the end. Someone already provided me with the Guitar Hero III soundtrack, but says he ripped it from the game disc a long time ago and can't remember how to do it anymore. He told me to go to ScoreHero, so I registered an account and I made this topic. I'm not sure whether or not I'll stay at ScoreHero once I get these downloads, but we'll deal with that bridge when we get to it.

In short:
I want a download of the soundtracks of Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s, Guitar Hero World Tour, and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock as they appeared in-game.
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Complete Soundtrack Downloads Reply with quote

If you google a bit, you can find multitrack rips of multiple games in the series. I don't think we're allowed to help you further though, since a lot of songs are licensed and it would be illegal for us to provide them for free through a link.

You can put the separate tracks of a multitrack together with video or audio editing software. I'd use Sony Vegas, but that's just me being used to that program.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing, all of the WaveGroup covers are also available on iTunes, with many of them being bundled together under different "albums." That's probably the most I could help you with.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
TheUltimateDonut  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Complete Soundtrack Downloads Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
If you google a bit, you can find multitrack rips of multiple games in the series. I don't think we're allowed to help you further though, since a lot of songs are licensed and it would be illegal for us to provide them for free through a link.

You can put the separate tracks of a multitrack together with video or audio editing software. I'd use Sony Vegas, but that's just me being used to that program.

Ooh, yeah, I forgot all about the legal issues and stuff. Thanks anyway, though. I'll go check it out on Google.

And what's this about "multitracks"? I've never heard of that in my life (kind of an audio editing noob over here).

hiddenzombie013 wrote:
If you're willing, all of the WaveGroup covers are also available on iTunes, with many of them being bundled together under different "albums." That's probably the most I could help you with.

Well, I actually already bought the WaveGroup covers on iTunes, but a few of them are missing from the albums (Spanish Castle Magic, Shout at the Devil, and Metal Health). What I'm really focusing on for the old Guitar Hero games is non fade-out versions of "I Wanna Rock", "The Warrior", "Spanish Castle Magic", and "Shout at the Devil".

A friend of mine already downloaded the Guitar Hero III entire soundtrack from the disc somehow, and sent it to me a few days ago. All I need now are those songs I said in the last paragraph and the soundtracks for World Tour and Warriors of Rock.

(On an unrelated note, I have it set up so I'm supposed to get an email when this topic gets replies, but for some reason I haven't gotten any. Is there a reason for this? I'm still extremely new here.)
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Complete Soundtrack Downloads Reply with quote

TheUltimateDonut wrote:
what's this about "multitracks"? I've never heard of that in my life (kind of an audio editing noob over here).

He means the stems the game uses. In earlier GH games that would be guitar track, bass track and everything else, and in the later full band games you would see guitar, bass, drums, vocals, keys (RB3 only) and then anything else in the song. (What's in each stem is totally reliant on what's charted to that instrument, so the RB guitar stem for Boston's Smokin' contains the organ solos.)

TheUltimateDonut wrote:
On an unrelated note, I have it set up so I'm supposed to get an email when this topic gets replies, but for some reason I haven't gotten any. Is there a reason for this? I'm still extremely new here.

That hasn't worked for years and probably won't ever be reactivated. You'll just have to check back on any thread you're interested in.

Also, welcome to ScoreHero if no one's said that already.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Complete Soundtrack Downloads Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
TheUltimateDonut wrote:
what's this about "multitracks"? I've never heard of that in my life (kind of an audio editing noob over here).

He means the stems the game uses. In earlier GH games that would be guitar track, bass track and everything else, and in the later full band games you would see guitar, bass, drums, vocals, keys (RB3 only) and then anything else in the song. (What's in each stem is totally reliant on what's charted to that instrument, so the RB guitar stem for Boston's Smokin' contains the organ solos.)

Oh, I get it now. So what he's saying is that for example, "Freak on a Leash" would contain a Guitar sound file, a Bass sound file, a Drum sound file, a Vocals sound file, and then whatever's left over if all those were removed from the song. So I would have to line up all those files exactly in Audacity or whatever to make it sound like the actual song.

inv4der again wrote:
TheUltimateDonut wrote:
On an unrelated note, I have it set up so I'm supposed to get an email when this topic gets replies, but for some reason I haven't gotten any. Is there a reason for this? I'm still extremely new here.

That hasn't worked for years and probably won't ever be reactivated. You'll just have to check back on any thread you're interested in.

Also, welcome to ScoreHero if no one's said that already.

Oh, really? Well, that sucks. Hopefully one day they'll get that fixed.
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Complete Soundtrack Downloads Reply with quote

TheUltimateDonut wrote:
Oh, really? Well, that sucks. Hopefully one day they'll get that fixed.
It'll be a feature after the 2009 ScoreHero Re-write™ is finished! Welcome to ScoreHero, etc.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
TheUltimateDonut  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Complete Soundtrack Downloads Reply with quote

Thanks for the help everybody! I did some searching, and I found a huge archive of multi-tracks for all the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games, which was exactly what I was looking for! Granted, a few of them are missing, but I can deal with that later. Something I noticed was that all the WaveGroup covers feature the "1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4!" used in the earlier games, while only a few of them have it on the iTunes albums. They also sound like they're higher quality than the iTunes versions, so I think I'll use them instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: