ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Regardless of what the thing is about, they're all way too general and half of them are so obvious/nondisagreeable that they're overwhelmingly pointless. They have fan pages you can like for a reason.
I wouldn't be surprised to find something like this next:

THIS IS FOOD! LIKE IF YOU EAT FOOD TOO!
Lolz, I saw this on your FB. I liked it because I love food. Plus it's the best one I've seen since I've started actually using facebook.

Anyways, what is with people over the age of 40 that they have to keep reposting inspirational pictures? And it's not just one picture. They find like a horde of them and think they have to post them all at once. Then my feed gets filled up with 99% lame sayings that I've heard while growing up!

Anyways, literally just saw this on Reddit:

blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slacktivism... instead of all the hard work involved in actually trying to make the world a better place, just post a status (or better yet, "like" or share one).
laupow17  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
I've had a canker sore since Monday. Normally they tend to go away in a few days. However, this one is being a real pain. It's right inside my upper lip and it seems to be getting worse. Everyday I wake up, it appears to be a little bit bigger and a lot sorer (that a word???). It's driving me absolutely nuts. It makes sleeping uncomfortable because of the pain. I've been using ambesol to help numb the pain for roughly an hour at a time. This sucks though. Really wish it would just go away

I get canker sores all the time. They are HORRIBLE.

I have a remedy that helps clear up my canker sores but it is a bit rough. Mix salt and vinegar (or water if you're out of vinegar, but vinegar does the job better) into a cup, and swish it in your mouth around the canker sore for 60 seconds. It hurts bloody murder during the 60 seconds but the pain ebbs away after you spit it out, and within a few minutes, the pain is pretty much gone. Do it twice a day and the canker sore generally clears up in a few days.
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded - salt water doesn't hurt at all but also does very little to destroy the ulcer, so is a bit pointless IMO. Vinegar works a treat though.

If you can stomach it - it's not that bad - a licked finger's worth of dry salt directly onto the ulcer will do wonders. It's incredibly tempting to lick it off to stop the pain, but it will stop on its own once the salt dissolves in your saliva. Definitely recommend having a glass of water on hand afterwards, though, once the salt's done its job running some water over it won't negate its effects.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
If you can stomach it - it's not that bad - a licked finger's worth of dry salt directly onto the ulcer will do wonders. It's incredibly tempting to lick it off to stop the pain, but it will stop on its own once the salt dissolves in your saliva. Definitely recommend having a glass of water on hand afterwards, though, once the salt's done its job running some water over it won't negate its effects.

Yup. I get the damn things all the time and this is about the only thing that works for me.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
Seconded - salt water doesn't hurt at all but also does very little to destroy the ulcer, so is a bit pointless IMO. Vinegar works a treat though.

Huh...dunno why I've never thought of this. I've used salt water & its done fuck all so yeah, I'll be sure to try this when I next get one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally use alum.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate EVERYTHING...that twat who bid on my surfboard sent me a message asking to cancel the board because he couldn't afford the bid.
YOU PUTRID FUCKING CUNT...

Needless to say I did cancel it, but I NEED THAT MONEY.
Also...spammers on xbox live? YOU WILL NOT GOT 6000 MICROSOFT POINTS FOR SENDING A MESSAGE! YOU.FUCKING.MORONS!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like FL4RE is what makes this thread worth reading. Keep up the good work
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING, SERIOUSLY HOMO CONTENTS.

Turns out the guy I've been so smitten with lately has gone down to London.
Yeah, that's pretty cool so far.
TO FUCK HIS EX.
THE FUCK.

I mean, I wouldn't be mad or irate if he'd started off by saying that he wasn't looking for a relationship, or that he just wanted to be friends with benefits. I could totally have dealt with that and I wouldn't be feeling so shaken.
But it's the fact we wen't round the city holding hands, looking at art galleries, sharing coffee. That's the sort of stuff that you do if you're looking to take it a little more seriously than being fuckbuddies.

In his defence, I can kinda see that you can't expect a proper relationship after 2 and a bit months talking online and 2 days together. I think what gets me is the fact that he'd clearly timetabled me. We barely spoke this week, and it makes sense why, he doesn't want fatty-fatty-bum-bum here waxing lyrical about how beautiful he is when he's got someone else lined up.

I'm not calling it as over though, I can deal with being a fuckbuddy. If anything it's better because I know for a fact that I'm better than whoever this other guy is. He's on tumblr complaining about messy post-fuck hair at midnight. Bitch please, we didn't get to that point til 3AM.

I think the bit that irks me is that he's happy to go on about the fun he's having tonight, but never said anything about us. I'm gonna take the line that a) he didn't have TIME to post anything while we were in proximity and b) maybe he didn't say anything because he values me a bit more and doesn't wanna brag about the more intimate things (not my theory, I'm sceptical)

Oh well, I'll wait for him to talk to me.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear that man, having been in that situation even when you rationalize it it still hurts and sucks. But I really have to say one thing right now.

JOE2210 wrote:

I'm not calling it as over though, I can deal with being a fuckbuddy. If anything it's better because I know for a fact that I'm better than whoever this other guy is. He's on tumblr complaining about messy post-fuck hair at midnight. Bitch please, we didn't get to that point til 3AM.

That is single handedly the greatest and funniest thing I've read in this entire thread, bravo.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear that man, having been in that situation even when you rationalize it it still hurts and sucks. But I really have to say one thing right now.

JOE2210 wrote:

That is single handedly the greatest and funniest thing I've read in this entire thread, bravo.

Lol, I'm blessed to have this honour bestowed upon me.

After venting to a lot of friends, I've came to a little bit of an epiphany.

Namely, who the fuck cares.
We're 19. We fuck about. Shit happens.
I feel fine, and I will probably see him again. I have to assess how I over romanticise things, but you know, life goes on.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
After venting to a lot of friends, I've came to a little bit of an epiphany.

Namely, who the fuck cares.
We're 19. We fuck about. Shit happens.
I feel fine, and I will probably see him again. I have to assess how I over romanticise things, but you know, life goes on.

Abso-fuckin'-lutely. I wish I'd had the same epiphany when I was 19 instead of getting my head twisted up by my girlfriend of the time and her bloody antics. 19 is young, no point getting serious before you need to. And now I'm starting to sound like The Long Blondes (Youtube 'Once And Never Again' if you don't know what I'm talking about) so I'm gonna shut my face.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why atheists- and I don't mean uneducated atheists who are intentionally antagonistic in an attempt to prove their nonconformity- seem so quick to mock Jesus.
From their perspective, Jesus is a man who either was delusional or who intentionally lied about being the son of God. I will explore the latter as I consider it more likely. This means that he was a man who saw the atrocities being committed by the religious folk of those days- times when it was commonplace to stone to the death any man or woman or child for even a single suspected sin- and who stood up to these purveyors of violence in the only way that could possibly have been effective in a society who valued piety over benevolence: by claiming to be the son of God himself.
This is an act of selflessness that goes far beyond ordinary martyrdom. It takes a courageous man to die for his beliefs, especially after having remained adamant in them through extensive torture... but in the case of religious martyrs, there is the element of hope involved. If they die for what they believe is the correct cause, they will be eternally rewarded, and any agonies they suffer in this world are only a necessary prelude to an earned paradise. If, however, a man has knowingly created the illusion of being a religious man to alter the common perceptions of what is proper and just, then he has done so without the promise of compensation. He has stood adamant in his beliefs through mockery, torture, and even in the face of his own mortality, purely for the good of mankind.
So go ahead and mock him if you wish, simply because he's become the most powerful symbol of a system you abhor. Bear in mind, however, that you are disrespecting the memory of a man who sacrificed everything he could to spread morality and benevolence, who was purely altruistic in ideals and selfless in intent, and who (again, from an atheistic perspective) valiantly stood up against the religious tyrants of his era.

And ya know, from a Christian perspective... I mean, he was still an alright dude.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.

Last edited by anonymous_25 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 346 of 400

Jump to: