ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Coordinating strumming?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireFox2000000  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Coordinating strumming? Reply with quote

I can't keep a streak in any seemingly fast strumming with fret changes, Nemesis, Twilight of the Thunder God, Guitar Battle with Ted Nugent etc etc...

I've tried grinding, it doesn't help. I go onto the lower speeds and move up, it doesn't help. I just can't seem to coordinate strumming and fret changes in a consistent manner to fc anything with long, fast strumming with fret changes.

Any tips on how to improve with my strumming?
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For nemesis and pretty much the entire WoR engine strum early. The game doesn't like fast strumming being late.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I strum is kinda risky, especially for WoR but, what I do is I try to downstrum on the first note of a colored sequence harder so I can keep the tempo and rhythm of the strumming. I try to strum faster at the end so I can start the next one early. Then when a new colored sequence comes up I repeat.
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subshadow wrote:
The way I strum is kinda risky, especially for WoR but, what I do is I try to downstrum on the first note of a colored sequence harder so I can keep the tempo and rhythm of the strumming. I try to strum faster at the end so I can start the next one early. Then when a new colored sequence comes up I repeat.

You make it sound like you strum later for the beginning of fast strumming sections and end early. Just strum early the whole time because you want to stay ahead and ensure that even if you slow down a bit you won't miss.
subshadow  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is you finish early so you can start the new sequence on time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: