Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rant Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow, I see ._. Well, one does need money at some point, so... for now you'll have to find entertainment and personal enrichment somewhere else. My job is manual and boring as hell, and requires nothing, except a little attention to what you're doing... which I didn't need to spend 4 years in university for

Depending on what your plans are, and until you can look for something else (if you want), I'd suggest creative activities Works for me. I've started writing, drawing, practicing a liiiiittle bit of piano (in GH words, it would be playing on Medium gtr with a bad calibration : lots of plinks), and heck : it's stopped me from jumping off the window (thus sparing me the pain of a broken leg or something). I'm even planning to go back running (when it gets warmer, that is) with this coworker of mine at some point, after work.

Guess my point is : if your job isn't interesting, try to make everything else interesing. Good luck with that
louster200  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve always been so scared of failure. I always am scared to let people down. But that’s what I did today by missing school. Wasn’t at BDTV, wasn’t on the elementary school field trip to play set, didn’t get to work on the car in tech enterprise… I let so many people down.
But here’s the thing: I am so over worked. I have school with 2 college classes, an AP class, and then 3 clubs I’m leader of (band, Giant Miles, radio). Winter percussion is 3 days a week with semi-state this weekend. It’s so physically exhausting. Then I have work which takes up the other 4 days. I usually work 6.5 hours a night and now not getting off until 10:30-11 PM. Then homework after work.
I’m getting 4-6 hours of sleep each night. It all finally caught up to me. I’m home sick, but feel better. I just am so emotionally and mentally sick.
I’m so scared something will set me off. I’ve been really depressed lately. Like, suicidal thoughts ‘n all. I can’t do this much longer. I need to get out. I’m so scared for my well being.
So, here I am, sore throat and stuffy nose. Scared of going outside of my house. Scared of letting more people down. Scared of practice. Scared to keep putting myself down this mentally self destructive path I am stuck on until the end of the year. I feel like I should talk to my band director, but I’m scared to since I feel like he doesn’t like me. I’ve been putting in effort that isn’t enough. I just don’t want to upset him

bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnout happens. Sometimes you try to get too much stuff going on at once, and it catches up real bad. Cut out one or two things as necessary. Talk to your band director or whoever else, explain that you're sick and overworked and need to cut back. I understand not wanting to let people down, but the best way to do that is to make sure everyone's expectations of you are realistic. If you're involved in ten different things, and all those people think that you have plenty of free time for their stuff, then there's a problem. Again, you probably want to cut out one or two activities. Figure out what's most important to you and what you're only doing because you feel obligated, then end the obligations.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently stressing out over a ticket I received via red light camera- and being in Southern California, this fine is almost 500 bucks. As someone who is currently unemployed, I definitely want to get this reduced or dismissed entirely, but the system is definitely stacked against me. I don't want to fight it alone, so I'll probably find a lawyer to do it for me, but even then it is a crapshoot, I feel like. But they make the whole process so intimidating, I doubt I could ever pull it off by myself. Either way I do not have the funds to take care of this issue, and it's taking a toll on both myself and my girlfriend (who feels responsible for the ticket since I was driving her to her internship at the time). It just sucks.

Oh yeah, not to mention how bad my unemployment has gotten. Ever since losing my main source of income in february, I have just been unmotivated and depressed to the point of not even looking for work. I desperately need the money, but for some reason I put off applying for jobs of any kind, and make excuses to continue avoiding it. (Driving my girlfriend around should not prevent me from finding work, or at least looking for a job...) A combination of a poor financial situation and my lack of responsibility is really bringing me down. Hoping to break out of this cycle in the coming weeks, but it's easier said than done for sure. Oh, and all of this is made worse when I look at how hard my girlfriend is working to get through school, work, and her internship. I feel like she's contributing so much and I'm doing nothing at all. Makes me feel worse about myself, which in turn demotivates me from trying even more. Somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what's gonna happen on April Fool's Day.

That's right, a Monday.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crossed the Brooklyn Bridge today. People walk too slowly. /rant

Ktulu45  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been bitched about a numerous amount of times; but I'm getting sick and fucking tired of being nice to people and it not get fucking reciprocated; then when I'm an asshole it surprises people even when I tell them I am one way beforehand. I mean, really? What's the point? This shit has baffled me for quite some time now and no matter how much soul searching I do; it always seems like I didn't deserve it. Now I could be completely off with that last statement; I am a bit of a narcissist after all; but Jesus' holey left hand surely I'm not that infatuated with myself to where I can't see if I'm doing something wrong.

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktulu45 wrote:
I'm getting sick and fucking tired of being nice to people and it not get fucking reciprocated

Being 'nice' with the expectation of getting something good in return...hm...

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do agree that being nice for the sake of expecting something nice in return kind of defeats the entire purpose of being a good person, there's still something to be said for not being a dick for no reason to strangers who are kind to you.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
While I do agree that being nice for the sake of expecting something nice in return kind of defeats the entire purpose of being a good person, there's still something to be said for not being a dick for no reason to strangers who are kind to you.

Fair enough.

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
Ktulu45 wrote:
I'm getting sick and fucking tired of being nice to people and it not get fucking reciprocated

Everyone does it we all just pretend we don't.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Fhdra wrote:
Ktulu45 wrote:

Everyone does it we all just pretend we don't.

True. And even if you're being nice just for the sake of making people happy, you're still doing it for your own selfish reasons, since it provides you some sort of satisfaction.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today is my birthday and I am turning 21 today
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pizzzapizza wrote:

v good rant i hate being 21 too

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
pizzzapizza wrote:

v good rant i hate being 21 too

You don't have to use the anti-rant thread to rant about something you're happy about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 50 of 60

Jump to: