ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Advice on how to alternate between 2 notes quickly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlottesophie  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Advice on how to alternate between 2 notes quickly? Reply with quote

I can kind of do it already, but not super fast.
An example would be the first alternating blue and orange note section in Impulse, which I can do all the time, but the second section of blue and orange alternating notes I can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249k6HK7SEY
I can do 3:29, but not 3:49, to put it simply.

Are there any ways to insure I can do it every time? I find it pretty difficult to do it consistently and without moving my entire hand to the orange and blue frets so that my first two fingers rest on them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you know to anchor blue already, but I'll just assume that...

...anyway, two ways to go about this.

My recommendation: shift to 3rd position for the faster trill. That means your index finger is positioned over yellow, your middle finger over blue, and your ring finger over orange. You will hold down blue with your middle finger and trill with your ring finger because it's stronger than your pinky.

Alternatively, you could tap it. You could start by one-handing it with your pinky and then transition to tapping oranges with your index, or you could elbow strum at the start and start tapping immediately.
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth noting that in GH3 and I think a few other engines, you can hit the high note faster than it's charted and not break combo. In that section in Impulse, I just hold down blue and spam orange as fast as I can with no regard for timing and I never miss.

In engines where this isn't possible, the best bet is to shift positions so your first finger is anchoring the lower note and middle finger presses the higher note. If it's too fast (e.g. SwTA, or Raining Blood trills for most people) you will have to tap it like nuno said.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: