ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Help with GHTCP?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hfcobra  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Help with GHTCP? Reply with quote

I am literally at my wits end. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but no matter what I can't get these things to work.

I can't add more than one song to the Downloads section in-game and if I do then the offsets are NEVER right or something else goes wrong like no note chart for some reason. I have no idea how that is happening.

When I first installed it the Custom Menu didn't show up right away either. I'm not sure what prompted it to finally be there but I know I tried starting the game normally and by double right clicking the GHTCP icon in the lower right to start it that way. Neither way worked at first, but then it just was there one time when I started it.

Sometimes it doesn't update at all once I make changes.

I just don't know what to do. I followed the guide perfectly. I read the whole thing twice before I started and then followed along step-by-step the whole way just to make sure nothing went wrong. I will try uninstalling everything and restarting everything tomorrow but I don't think I did anything wrong along the way in the first place.

Has someone else had issues that could shed some light on this? I was really looking forward to having a bunch of custom songs but this is really bumming me out. I can't even play right now I'm so disappointed.

Using Win7 x64. Retail game, etc. I'm not having errors pop up, it's just acting really weird.

I'm going to sleep now though. Be back to check tomorrow night. I don't want to fiddle with it for a while lol.
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your game patched to at least version 1.3?

Was your game fresh and unedited before you set up GHTCP?

Did you press the little = sign here http://gyazo.com/6ea29c359918d47d06a12244192f461a to allow more than 1 song per tier?

Did you try creating another setlist instead of using download?

If no notes are appearing, something is probably wrong with your audio or chart files, not GHTCP
hfcobra  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FkOnFireGh2 wrote:
Is your game patched to at least version 1.3?

Was your game fresh and unedited before you set up GHTCP?

Did you press the little = sign here http://gyazo.com/6ea29c359918d47d06a12244192f461a to allow more than 1 song per tier?

Did you try creating another setlist instead of using download?

If no notes are appearing, something is probably wrong with your audio or chart files, not GHTCP

Yes, version 1.3.6

Yes other than a save file. I started it with 3D Analyze once before but as far as I know that only has temporary effects on the graphics that are reverted when the game is run without Analyze. Also, I ran GHTCP with Analyze sometimes as well to see if that helped. Maximum FPS (4K!!), but no help with the issues I was having.

Sometimes I forgot the = sign but I knew that that could have been a problem so I would go back and change it, then add the changes to the setlist, then File-Execute actions like you are supposed to. No change.

I never made a new setlist because I wasn't sure how it would behave in game. Like how I could get it to show up in the downloads list or the "Blue" list. Extra songs list? I'm not sure what it's called but you know what I'm talking about. I could try that out for sure.

I don't think that it was the chart file. I decided to start off my journey with someone who took their charts very seriously so I could be sure that anything going wrong was my fault and not their chart. I downloaded charts that the user "Finlaizer" made. He seemed to take his charts very seriously and they always seemed to be of very high quality and accuracy.

Also, something else has been irking me. What if the audio file I am using for the chart does not line up perfectly with the audio file the user made the chart with? How am I supposed to know that it is going to work perfectly? I am VERY sensitive to the smallest amount of lag or inconsistency and I can definitely feel the difference between some of the downloaded songs that I got working and the songs in the game. The downloaded songs felt like the chart was slightly ahead of the audio sometimes by a very small amount. It was close enough that a normal user might have just thought that the notes simply had less leeway in when they would count as a hit or miss. I don't know how I can fix this but it seems to be rather common. Even among high quality charts.

EDIT: Forgot one last thing. In the guide it says that you should have Silent Guitar Track on by default but mine is not. Also, I do not fully understand how to use it. I check it and then when I only put a song in for the whole band by selecting "Guitar Track" it will not let me continue until I put the same song in the Guitar Track along with the Band Track. If I select Single Track then I just put the one song in place for the guitar and when I miss notes it doesn't change at all and sounds really weird. What I mean is that it still plays normally like I haven't missed anything. Is there a way to fix that? So if I miss anything the guitar cuts out?
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I never made a new setlist because I wasn't sure how it would behave in game. Like how I could get it to show up in the downloads list or the "Blue" list. Extra songs list? I'm not sure what it's called but you know what I'm talking about. I could try that out for sure.

It's pretty easy to make a new setlist. Press the create setlist button in GHTCP, name the tier, add songs to the tier like you normally would, execute actions, launch the game. In the main GH3 menu, go to custom menu > setlist switcher, hover over download for example and press green until it says Download: Custom Setlist 1. Go to quickplay and it will be where download normally is. (Having a lot of setlists usually causes career to crash)

Quote:
I don't think that it was the chart file. I decided to start off my journey with someone who took their charts very seriously so I could be sure that anything going wrong was my fault and not their chart. I downloaded charts that the user "Finlaizer" made. He seemed to take his charts very seriously and they always seemed to be of very high quality and accuracy.

I think I know what you're talking about, but it shouldn't happen when using GHTCP. If you're playing his FOTS chart, for example, the "GH3 optimized" chart could potentially crash after the part in the intro with 4 blue strums, about 20 notes in. I can give you an explanation if it still happens to you.

Quote:
Also, something else has been irking me. What if the audio file I am using for the chart does not line up perfectly with the audio file the user made the chart with? How am I supposed to know that it is going to work perfectly? I am VERY sensitive to the smallest amount of lag or inconsistency and I can definitely feel the difference between some of the downloaded songs that I got working and the songs in the game. The downloaded songs felt like the chart was slightly ahead of the audio sometimes by a very small amount. It was close enough that a normal user might have just thought that the notes simply had less leeway in when they would count as a hit or miss. I don't know how I can fix this but it seems to be rather common. Even among high quality charts.

The audio file you downloaded probably had a different offset than the audio file the charter used. You'll have to play around with the offset option in the song properties, or download chart/audio files together from somewhere else where the charter provides a link to both. (audio files are usually not allowed on SH due to copyright reasons)

Quote:
EDIT: Forgot one last thing. In the guide it says that you should have Silent Guitar Track on by default but mine is not. Also, I do not fully understand how to use it. I check it and then when I only put a song in for the whole band by selecting "Guitar Track" it will not let me continue until I put the same song in the Guitar Track along with the Band Track. If I select Single Track then I just put the one song in place for the guitar and when I miss notes it doesn't change at all and sounds really weird. What I mean is that it still plays normally like I haven't missed anything. Is there a way to fix that? So if I miss anything the guitar cuts out?

Idk what silent guitar track is, but if you only have 1 audio file you should just check the single track box and put your audio in where it says guitar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: