ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Decontrol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Decontrol Reply with quote

So my Xbox red ringed and I am pretty much forced to work on GH1 and GH2. I've all but given up on Hangar 18, sooooo...

Decontrol. How the hell do you hit the strumming? I can hit the sweeps often enough to grind for the FC, but I've never hit the strumming. I'm having trouble determining how fast it is. Slowhero says it is 210bpm. If I am looking at it correctly, they are 16th notes so it would be (210/60)*4 = 14nps. But that seems way too fast. When I strum that fast it's just a plink fest. I've kept a decent combo a few times by strumming a bit slower than it seems.

How fast are you supposed to strum this? What's a good strumming part from another song to compare it to? Tips/advice? Is there a good way to practice this crap? I'm tired of playing through 3/4 of the song to get one shot at the solo. I've tried the GH1 emulator thing to practice with save states on my PC but I can't get a good enough frame rate for it to be playable.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Slowhero is right about the tempo. What I've found is that the GH1 engine is friendlier with front-end squeezing than the GH2 engine. Thankfully it's a strumming speed that the engine can handle, so you won't need to stretch the timing window. (Actually, I don't even think it lets you. :P) Try to strum exactly in sync with the song, maybe even later. For me that's what makes it seem slower. Essentially you can strum notes later on GH1 than on GH2, at the expense of the back-end.

I hope I was of any help, and good luck! :D
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch/listen to a high quality youtube video of it to get the strumming speed down. also, like peachfanclub said, you have to err on the side of being late instead of early
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: