ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How do I get back into "Guitar Hero form"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: How do I get back into "Guitar Hero form"? Reply with quote

Hey there, haven't been here in ages, but I am in need of some help.

I haven't played Guitar Hero in probably at least 3 years, but when I did, I was a pretty good player. Now I'm at college and I see there's a guitar hero tournament this Friday. I have no idea what the competition will be like, but I feel like if I can play at just even like 60% of my normal ability, I could probably win. I have no idea what game/console/anything is being used for the tournament, and I also don't have a guitar or any of the games with me (and neither do any of my friends), but I was wondering a couple things:

1) How easy/hard is it to start playing again after a LONG break?
2) Are there any ways to prepare without playing the game or having a guitar? Finger exercises?

Thanks in advance!
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

start over any games and see where your skill level is. you might be surprised how fast you pick up the pace where you left it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I get back into "Guitar Hero form"? Reply with quote

9001 wrote:

1) How easy/hard is it to start playing again after a LONG break?

I've done this a few times. In my experience, you will still be really good, but will also make lots of stupid mistakes that you normally wouldn't. You should still be able to hit 90% of the sections that you could before, but will completely botch one occasionally. Or you might hit a really tough section and then miss something easy after it. I'd say it takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to get back to full swing, depending on how good you were to begin with. After taking a break and then picking it back up I've found that I always end up improving past whatever plateau I had reached before.

9001 wrote:
2) Are there any ways to prepare without playing the game or having a guitar? Finger exercises?

As far as physical preparation, nothing really worthwhile in my opinion. There's no substitute for real practice. However, you may want to look up and memorize SP paths and maybe watch the videos of some of the harder charts from whatever game the tournament is on.

I'd keep in mind that at this point GH is pretty much dead. Most people who still play and would attend a tournament are probably pretty good. I wouldn't underestimate the competition if you're serious about winning.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: