ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
More incentive to determine cutoff scores???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than 100 cutoffs to go!

Of the 96 total remaining, 54 are EASY difficulty--- which really isn't surprising since playing on easy is excruciatingly painful...but I guess someone will have to do it.

Hey Anthony, do you want to help me take those on? You could move up to #4...that's all you man.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well. Most of the hard cutoffs left are songs I can't even 5 star.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll work on fixing this table right now.

thanks Mr. Green

hope we didn't interrupt 100%'ing the breaking wheel on expert or whatever you're working on now ;)
ebayitup  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Rabies:

Yeah, with caveman, i was getting tired and just quit. Really i kept spacing and passing up 141,000. It was hard to find a non-note sustain, and it's really hard to get an odd number on a sustained chord (for me anyway. . .). I've been trying to motivate myself to do some medium or easy proofs, but i just don't want to. . . . but i will.

About the split contribution thing, thanks, cuz that was me who got bumped off, not that Jcirri didn't need the money.

p.s. i just discovered dragonforce. After i heard Inhuman Rampage, i cried and prayed to jesus that he still loved me.[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i was the one who started up the whole narrowing down the cutoff range, b/c i chatted about it a bunch in the GH mIRC channel and submitted 12 pics for cutoff reducing verification on the 31st or something like that. I did that all on medium, b/c easy was too... well.. easy, and i'm not nearly good enough to do it on hard/expert. I leave town for 3-4 days and come back, and instead of only 2 proven 5* cutoffs on medium, there are 27. 27!!!! i guess i'll have to resort to 4* or work on easy. I just wanna reach 20 so i can enable my dynamic signiture, but at the rate you guys are going, i might not have a chance!

emptyset wrote:
odu479 wrote:
wrote:
i hav no clue wat i jus did

Good to know you do things that you have no idea what they do. I hope for humanity's sake, you never work in a nuclear testing facility.
Wimbernuts  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sosaman66 wrote:
I leave town for 3-4 days and come back, and instead of only 2 proven 5* cutoffs on medium, there are 27. 27!!!! i guess i'll have to resort to 4* or work on easy. I just wanna reach 20 so i can enable my dynamic signiture, but at the rate you guys are going, i might not have a chance!

Sorry man, I got this bug to get them all done ASAP. I messed around with a few 5 star cutoffs on easy last night and to my surprise, it's way harder than I thought it would be (still not overly difficult though). Considering, there are less total notes, fewer sustains, and you have to go deeper into the song to get a high enough score which all ultimately leaves you with less to work with. Depends on the song I guess, but they're all not as easy as I thought.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 35 cut-offs remain now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just proved some myself. 22 cutoffs remain.

Trippolette and Breaking Wheel on Hard are the only songs left with unknown cutoffs, all the rest have either 1 cutoff proven or the ranges are narrow enough to use multiples of 2 and 3 to derive the cutoffs. So once someone proves at least 1 cutoff for these two songs then I'll post exact target scores for every remaining cutoff to help us finish up the proofs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I just proved some myself. 22 cutoffs remain.

Trippolette and Breaking Wheel on Hard are the only songs left with unknown cutoffs, all the rest have either 1 cutoff proven or the ranges are narrow enough to use multiples of 2 and 3 to derive the cutoffs. So once someone proves at least 1 cutoff for these two songs then I'll post exact target scores for every remaining cutoff to help us finish up the proofs.

I'll get the 4 star cutoff for Trippolette on Hard today (i just bought Codebreaker 2 days ago so I won't mind playing Trip over and over again as it's new to me) but The Breaking Wheel...someone else might have to step up and get that one. Not that I don't want to, it's just that sadly I'm not good enough.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've narrowed Trippolette down to a range of just 2 points so technically it's proven (57,084 is 4 star cutoff). Only 1 left.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I know what you mean on The Breaking Wheel.

If I get a chance later I'll try it, but hopefully others are willing to try as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wimbernuts wrote:
...but The Breaking Wheel...someone else might have to step up and get that one.

thanks Echelar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: