ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rumor:New Guitar Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it if it were done well, but I know enough about Activision to expect two half-baked modes which "appeal to everyone," but end up totally half-assed.

If you want a guitar tutorial, Rocksmith 2014 is amazing, and Harmonix has explicitly stated that RB4 will be concentrating on the arcadey aspect that I know and love. I hope GH7 is awesome, but have a gut feeling that it will be in some weird middle ground where everything has a better option in another game. Here's hoping I'm totally wrong!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Everything I've read about this thus far points to "Rocksmith with 5 button mode" which sounds like the game absolutely nobody was asking for.

That sounds just bad to me. Yeah, maybe it would be even great if done absolutely perfectly, but I agree with your opinion about Activision. I really hope this is not the kind of a game that's coming...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Anenthran PSN Name: Anenthran
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Everything I've read about this thus far points to "Rocksmith with 5 button mode" which sounds like the game absolutely nobody was asking for.
If that's true then as usual Activision has no idea what the hell they're doing and Rock Band is going to destroy them. As people in the RB forum pointed out, Rocksmith is already doing what Rocksmith does, and I don't think there's room for another entry in that field (Something Activision has a history of being blind to).
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if they are trying to get into Rocksmith or Pro Mode in terms of realism somehow, I'm probably not gonna be interested and I'm a bigger Guitar Hero fan than I am Rock Band. They do have to pull out something unique though to make it standout from Rock Band, I'm just not sure how they will accomplish that. More than willing to get both series again if it turns out good.
iimeade  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, as someone who was mainly a Guitar Hero person when it was actually active, I have very low hopes for this.

1. If it IS just basically Rocksmith with 5 button mode, then it's going to fail pretty quickly because why play Guitar Hero when Rocksmith exists?

2. I have a feeling that this coming out is just a kneejerk reaction to the Rock Band announcement and it'll be another half-assed Guitar Hero game that Activision will force yearly releases down our throat until the genre is effectively dead again.

Although on the plus side, a good amount of people prefer GH guitars over RB, so at least we'll have those. Maybe.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
TheGhHene  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iimeade wrote:
honestly, as someone who was mainly a Guitar Hero person when it was actually active, I have very low hopes for this.

1. If it IS just basically Rocksmith with 5 button mode, then it's going to fail pretty quickly because why play Guitar Hero when Rocksmith exists?

2. I have a feeling that this coming out is just a kneejerk reaction to the Rock Band announcement and it'll be another half-assed Guitar Hero game that Activision will force yearly releases down our throat until the genre is effectively dead again.

Although on the plus side, a good amount of people prefer GH guitars over RB, so at least we'll have those. Maybe.

According to rumours, the new GH have been in development for a while already, so I think it's not gonna be made just because the RB4 announcement. At least I hope so, I think we all know what happens if Activision makes a game just because a game has to be made...

And what comes to the guitar differences, if the new GH guitar is going to be anything like the one in the cancelled GH, it's nothing like the ones we already have and won't be compatible with anything else. There was some kind of a 6-string guitar in development (copy of the RB pro guitar), and according to some sources they've sticked with it. Nothing else to do now but hope that won't be the case...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Anenthran PSN Name: Anenthran
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Rocksmith with 5 button mode, and master tracks. I'm totally cool with that.

Hell, I'm basically hoping this GH is a weird reincarnation of BandFuse. I know a lot of you didn't get to play it, but real guitar modes with master stems is absolutely the way that niche needs to go. And if GH has to take it there because BandFuse can't, I'll be behind this new game 100%- maybe even more than RB4.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaser wrote:
It's about to get real
seriously
are we seriously doing this
because the thought of this deflated my hype entirely

I think people are in just the right place right now where they're in the mood for some plastic guitar nostalgia

but if they think they can cut into the Rocksmith market (or worse, create some halfassed frankenstein hybrid), i think the game will suffer for it. I know I for one am not remotely interested in another REEL GUITAR game

The guitar in development for the cancelled GH7 (which was six buttons and a six string-box replacing the strumbar, I believe) sounds awful and stupid and terrible and moronic and a handful of other adjectives, and if we get that thing i swear to god nobody's gonna want this game lmao. that abomination would alienate EVERYBODY

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I'm worried about is if it's some weird gimmicky controller, we won't be able to use it for Rock Band 4. I really don't want to use a strat.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
I would love it if it were done well, but I know enough about Activision to expect two half-baked modes which "appeal to everyone," but end up totally half-assed.

If you want a guitar tutorial, Rocksmith 2014 is amazing, and Harmonix has explicitly stated that RB4 will be concentrating on the arcadey aspect that I know and love. I hope GH7 is awesome, but have a gut feeling that it will be in some weird middle ground where everything has a better option in another game. Here's hoping I'm totally wrong!

Yeah, I hate to say it, but if the new GH tries to do what Rocksmith is already doing well I'll be super disappointed. Especially if they do something crazy to the guitar that makes it incompatible with other games, I might not even buy it. Love or hate the GH series, almost everyone agrees they made the better guitars. I was secretly hoping for a new Guitar Hero when RB4 was announced just because I hate using the Strat so much... :D

For now I'm just hoping everyone is looking too much into the "it's about to get real" line and it's just a meaningless line to hype the game. (Or maybe it's a reference to the rumored "live crowds" mentioned last year... I hope so)

To be honest I would love a guitar/bass only game again. And that's coming from someone who played a lot of GH vocals and loved every single GH game back in the day. Give me arcade-style high-score-chasing fun again. Let Rocksmith be the realtar teaching tool and let Rock Band be the band simulator and party game. I think they can all co-exist and be successful. But if the new GH tries to force in the real guitar stuff I'm out (though I'd definitely still buy a setup like RB3 with normal guitar that has a "pro" option). Truth is I play rhythm games to play games, I don't have any desire to ever learn real guitar and probably never will.

It sounds like we'll all find out tomorrow. Crossing fingers...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, a five lane mode and real guitars? Way to rip off a better game, Activision!

I'm just waiting for toy to finally make a post containing more than five words for once so he can tell us why we're all wrong to believe that this game won't be good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Wait, a five lane mode and real guitars? Way to rip off a better game, Activision!

I'm just waiting for toy to finally make a post containing more than five words for once so he can tell us why we're all wrong to believe that this game won't be good.

shut up fanboy, go make some banners or something idk

Anyway I don't think they are going to go into the Rocksmith arena so you are interpreting the slogan without the previous knowledge I/we've collected over the years.

It's being made by FSG (they did DJ Hero/2 which means the game is going to look great/ won't have a shitty UI)

It's going to have FMV crowds (First person perspective graphics?) and smartphone/tablet integration.

It's not going to be Rock Band (I know fucking horrible right?)
-------

Keep making the same jokes from 2008/2009 instead of being happy that both games are coming back.

LOLA CTIVISION RUIN EVERYTYHING HAHA HARMONXI FTW
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
shut up fanboy, go make some banners or something idk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances would be good that if a new GH is released, I'd buy it. I don't care about features or design, I'm more interested in the song selection.

The only thing that would prevent me from buying would be an exclusivity to new gen consoles. I can't afford an XB1, and likely won't get one. If the game is released and I can't get it for the 360, that's gonna suck.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will put my trust in you, toymachine. I would hate to lose the classic format of GH that we've all come to love. (I even have the pro guitar for RB3... it's just too much for me) Either way I'm super excited, can't wait for tomorrow's trailer :D

As far as next gen exclusivity, I wouldn't be too upset, it would give me an excuse to get a ps4 I think. Hopefully there would be a price drop or something for the holidays... (yeah right)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: