ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super mixed feelings, I have. Excited/interested that a new GH game is coming out, but looking at the screenshots, the FMV audience and band, and the guitar mock up with three buttons has me worried.

I do hope this isn't going to be some rush job just to say "Hey, we brought back Guitar Hero! You love us, right? Pay us money."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
louster200  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to be positive about the new Guitar Hero... but the new approaches don't interest me. Two sets of three buttons doesn't give much challenge IMO, the 'live' feature would've been cool when streaming the games were popular through Ustream (never forget Jordan FC), and the other features like the new interactive music videos look like something I'll forget about after a week.

:( It bums me out. Thankfully Rock Band 4 is shaping up to be something great.

yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it 8 buttons, preferably 10, but 8 is enough. As it is, this is too intimidating for newbies, and too limited for hardcore players.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will wait to see if there is anything more, but based off that trailer I will definitely not purchase this.
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me like a flash game GH knock off, Tap Tap Revenge anyone?
If there had been an option for 5 button that would be great, but right now it seems to alienate anybody who loved the 5 button setup (this guy). Full band is obviously gone too, so any song revealed that would be fun on drums is an opportunity missed.
The two lanes of buttons looks like either it would be extremely confusing if fast parts came up, or oversimplified to compensate for the lack of fluid motion up and down the fretboard. This guitar will feel no more realistic than the standard GH guitars, forcing everybody to use only three fingers.
And, unless focus mode makes a return (I wouldn't be surprised if it was absent) custom songs are probably gone too.
On a (fairly) positive note, GHTV sounded interesting, and song goals are always a good thing. What do I know, it's only been revealed for a few hours.

Hero Power is inexcusable in every way, shape and form however.

Last edited by RobGHH on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Graf  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it appears that Star Power is replaced with Hero Power, which apparently comes in multiple flavors. The large button next to the strum bar has "Hero Power" written on it, and the website says this:
Guitar Hero Live website wrote:
NEXT LEVEL HERO POWERS
Equip one of the many newly available Hero Powers, and activate by using the guitar controller tilt sensor or the newly introduced Hero Power button.

I saw a Spade sign in one of the videos. Has anyone else seen any other Hero Powers? Any ideas as to what they do?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video of full song from start to finish on Advanced difficulty (looks like this game's version of Hard) Whoops, I meant Normal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzWcM6raIY&feature=youtu.be

Here's another video on Normal (Medium): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpYDVN0grWA&feature=youtu.be

Some thoughts:

The whole going-on-stage scene lasts for way too long. I get that it's probably partially a loading screen, but I hope there's a way to skip it because that will get old really fast.

Looks like the "Hero Power" notes just have little lightning bolts on them. It's pretty unclear if he even has "Hero Power" to use at all or what it does, I don't think he activates it in either video which explains why the scores are so low I guess. (98% and 2 stars?)

The UI seems to only display note streak. I really hope they put your score and multiplier (if there is one) on there too in the final version. If one of the "features" is to compete with friends on leaderboards they need to put your stats on the UI as you're playing so you can know how you're doing. Hopefully this is just an early build and those features will be added later.

When there is no guitar for extended time (like in the Fall Out Boy song) the highway disappears. Kind of weird.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
When there is no guitar for extended time (like in the Fall Out Boy song) the highway disappears. Kind of weird.
Works for me. There's some nice things to look at in the background now; I'd rather that than an empty note highway

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Works for me. There's some nice things to look at in the background now; I'd rather that than an empty note highway

Yeah, it makes sense, although I could see it confusing new players by making them think the song is over.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, that first video is on Regular, not Advanced (He switches right before he starts playing)

Diffs are Rookie/Regular/Advanced/Veteran

So. Veteran footage when?

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, it better not just show the score on the results screen. That's a baffling decision if so. Why not just have the note highway without the note streak at that point? idgi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drifter1717 wrote:
I would like to know how they filmed those live action scenes? I assume (and hope) they filmed a lot of different ones in different places, otherwise it'll basically be the same 3 videos playing behind the fretboard every time.

Imagine how awkward filming those must have been? It not like they got an actual famous band to go out there and play before these audiences, so they needed a thousand people to fake enthusiasm for a fake rock concert for a fake guitar video game.

ALSO, I hope they they were playing on easy in that video....otherwise this looks super simplified.
Ask, and you shall receive:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/14/resurrecting-guitar-hero/

Quote:
"It was interesting bringing what we knew about video games into a world about films," explained Jamie Jackson, creative director on Guitar Hero Live. During my hands-on session with the game, Jackson seemed genuinely pleased with his studio's foray into a different creative medium. "Just getting a tent, getting the extras from the tent to the stage -- that was a chore. And getting them to act how you wanted was even more interesting. I'd come on stage and say to them, 'All right, this song is going to be on; this is the band; this is how you feel about the band: Go crazy. That was easy. That was funny."

How do you get a bunch of people at an imaginary concert to behave as you want them to? Conjure up the same emotions that some of the best rock songs do. "We came up with this concept of asking, 'Who's ever broken up with somebody?'" said Jackson. "There's three stages to a breakup, right? The first one is denial. So it starts with the song as it goes wrong; I want you to be in denial. The second stage of a break up is kind of tears of sadness, right? So we want you to be more emotional; we don't mind if you cry a little bit. Then the third part of breaking up with somebody is that complete abject anger, and hatred. So at the end of the song, throw whatever you've got at them. And it worked!"

"There was only about between [200] to 400 people in the crowd," Jackson admitted. "But once we'd done the passage with the band on stage, we cleared them off, and moved all the crowd back. We changed their clothes, swapped them around, shot another pass, moved them back again and shot another pass. By the end of that, we turned four hundred people into several thousand real people. Then actually we started to fill in with 3D, CG."

Last edited by singemfrc on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. It's been a long time since I've been on this site. Feels like 2008 all over again.

On the new game.

They screwed up. They screwed up Baaaaad. Rockband is maintaining previous dlc and attempting to maintain legacy hardware support too.

This on the other hand chucks all your dlc, all your hardware, all your previous games, all of it out the window and into the vast open ocean.

The visuals are... blegh. I never liked games with IRL acting and you can see in the reveal trailer that its highly staged and.... that right there says it's gonna translate into the full game. Maybe it won't, but first impressions matter.

The highway is... decent, My major issue with it is its rather bland, as well sa really transparent. I had a big problem with Rb(3?) where the fretboard was far too transparent and it made it hard to read and play. It needs to be just a tad bit more solid.

The controller. Oh god what is that? The controller looked good, when I thought that it looked like every 3 frets was kind of a new level, but then i saw that only the far upper most frets were the only playable ones.
It's a cross between Rockband and Rocksmith. It uses some buttons, and then puts them stacked. And even reporters are saying it feels cheap. Really cheap.

The few artists revealed so far. Skillex? Ed Sheeran? Oh god sake.... DID YOU NOT HEAR US ALL THOSE YEARS AGO?! The echoes from years past is still ringing off in the distance. WHY IS THIS/THAT/ ARTIST/SONG HERE?!

And then the big kicker. The very reason WHY its only 3/3 frets. The mobile platform. Most rhythm games on phones use 3 buttons/area's to hit, and this copies that, though admittedly it adds a second layer. But that doesn't change this HORRIBLE gut feeling that I have: That the game has been dumbed down JUST so it can be used on tablets and phones, without being any different on a games console.

Was I hyped for it yesterday when they teased a new GH game? Absolutely!!! GH was my MUCH preferred game to play on over RB back then because the hardware was solid, the game engine had been PERFECTED and it gave me a choice of instruments, which again, the hardware was perfect!
But now? The hype died. All this has to it is the name. It looks like the soul has been sucked out of it.

I guess I'll finally have to make a jump to RockBand properly. I dislike some of its choices, HOPO timings, it's hardware sucks. But this... GHL... It's an abomination.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
Someone on NeoGAF has done a pretty solid mockup of what the new guitar might look like

I even got the position of the white/black frets right!
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further review I am optimistically intrigued about the "TV' function. It looks like on this GH, Live = OnDisc and TV = DLC.
I used to love playing Lumines levels on PSP with the music video in the background even when it wasn't a song I was a fan of. To me thats a much better background that either the old cartoon avatars or the new generic live audiences.
From the review I read it makes it seem like songs will just "be available", there wont be actual DLC, I wonder how theyre going to make money on this model if that's true. If it's popular, artists may want to pay to include their video in the game, and it may spur on some more interesting music videos being created. If it's not popular, the whole thing may crash and burn quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 3 of 69

Jump to: