ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see a video played on expert difficulty. Is there not one person Activision invited to play the game that is good enough to play on expert?
bishopx  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I've been on here. Pretty depressed with what I'm seeing. I'd honestly rather have activision make a Guitar with ten frets across the top than play with their new model... The black and white frets are crap too. But no matter how much I bitch now I'll still probably buy this. Just because it has "guitar hero" in the title.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
I would really like to see a video played on expert difficulty. Is there not one person Activision invited to play the game that is good enough to play on expert?

There was some good footage on SnapChat but that's gone now because snapchat
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingofterrors wrote:
ready2rock wrote:
What about alternating between (3 2 1 0) on the two different rows of frets?

I mean, each layout has its advantages and disadvantages, which is why I initially said that the quality on the game will depend largely on how they chart things, and I definitely think that adding a 4th button would make this much better, but on the flip side, adding another row could provide many more opportunities and some more accurate charting.

(Speculation: Maybe they didn't add the 4th row because it was difficult to reach the 4th fret on the top row?)

As to the criticism that it's not Guitar Hero anymore, I think that's left to each person for what made the game Guitar Hero for them. Is it the score tracking? Well this game will still have that. Is it the button layout? Well you might be disappointed by this then. Is it a competitive multiplayer? We seem to not have details about it yet. Is it the arcade feel of the game? This has less of that that the other GH games. Is it the simulation of rocking out for a crowd of cheering fans? Then this may be even better for you!

For me, it's about my overall enjoyment of the feel of the game, which I don't know yet because I haven't played it. Hence, why I'm withholding judgement.

I've yet to see a video where there is score/multiplier anywhere in the UI. Maybe I missed it. But pretty sure competing for note streak which they display VERY actively isn't going to be a thing.

You're right, it's not on the UI as of right now, but like I said before, I doubt this is the finalized UI. However, the score, stars, etc. ARE displayed once you finished the song, and it looks like they revamped the star system a bit. I'm curious if it'll be more challenging get 5 stars.

Edit: Another idea: What if they haven't introduced all the modes yet? Maybe a score/competitive mode will be separate from the main mode they're showing off right now (like Rocksmith has).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We most definitely have some shots with score and stars- in the music video mode.

BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some analysis on what we've been shown so far. It may seem nit-picky, but that is also the nature of analyzing something.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
I did some analysis on what we've been shown so far. It may seem nit-picky, but that is also the nature of analyzing something.

[02:19:06] <inv4der> toy: ok I like GHL now
[02:19:12] <inv4der> it makes Blue interested
[02:19:14] <inv4der> in RB4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to watch some veteran gameplay before I can say what I think. But tbh having those 6 buttons on a single row would be way better for interesting charts.
GH5 00/85 - GHVH 00/47 - GHWoR 00/93 - GHL 00/42
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there ANY possibility that the game might offer some sort of 'classic mode' that lets you play the game with old guitars and has the colored five button highway? A lot of games that change their gameplay do that. No specific modes have been revealed yet so who knows? They could be holding off revealing that to see what everyones true reaction to a reinvented game is.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerfoot32 wrote:
Is there ANY possibility that the game might offer some sort of 'classic mode' that lets you play the game with old guitars and has the colored five button highway? A lot of games that change their gameplay do that. No specific modes have been revealed yet so who knows? They could be holding off revealing that to see what everyones true reaction to a reinvented game is.

I feel this would have been mentioned, as it is a pretty big dealbreaker for many people that they need to buy new equipment. Then again, it's also probably more profitable to require a guitar purchase with the new game, even if that does decrease number of units sold. I'm sure some cool guy in a suit crunched these numbers already.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Kerfoot32 wrote:

I feel this would have been mentioned, as it is a pretty big dealbreaker for many people that they need to buy new equipment. Then again, it's also probably more profitable to require a guitar purchase with the new game, even if that does decrease number of units sold. I'm sure some cool guy in a suit crunched these numbers already.

As much as we would all like that I think it would seem a bit non-committal if they included a classic mode.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want classic mode, buy RB4 instead \(_o)/ *

I think that's part of why I welcome this new idea; we have a safety net in that game

*(edit: come on, scorehero, have we gotten to the point where I can't even post idunnolol?)

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
BlakePlaysGH  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
Kerfoot32 wrote:

As much as we would all like that I think it would seem a bit non-committal if they included a classic mode.

And classic mode would be pretty useless on the Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U without any classic controllers lol.

Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakePlaysGH wrote:
GesterX wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
Kerfoot32 wrote:

And classic mode would be pretty useless on the Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U without any classic controllers lol.

The reveal of classic mode would also reveal the release of new classic guitars lol.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of classic mode and using our old guitars, there is another point I didn't bring up: compatibility with other games. A LOT of people bought GH guitars for RB. There were some rhythm games that were also compatible with the 5-button guitars. I feel like they're throwing away potential standalone guitar controller sales for the sake of being different.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 13 of 69

Jump to: