ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate how limited the demo is location wise. I really need to actually play the game. I'm almost completely against it, but finding out if I like the new gameplay could completely turn it around. The song listing is pretty butts, but if it turns out the gameplay is entertaining and not very good looking UI actually turns out to be good, I'll be very happy cause I can pick this up no problem compared to RB4 which would require a PS4.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I hate how limited the demo is location wise. I really need to actually play the game. I'm almost completely against it, but finding out if I like the new gameplay could completely turn it around. The song listing is pretty butts, but if it turns out the gameplay is entertaining and not very good looking UI actually turns out to be good, I'll be very happy cause I can pick this up no problem compared to RB4 which would require a PS4.
Yeah well apparently they arent interested in getting people interested in the game since theyre not willing to wait around even a couple hours at the demo locations anyway. If I had gotten to play it yesterday it might have convinced me to preorder it, but I never got that chance.
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played Guitar Hero: Live today at the only Best Buy in North Carolina that had the demo. Took forever for the game to be put up, but it was well worth the wait. I brought my DSLR in hopes of taking HD video of all three note charts. Unfortunately, I was told I wasn't allowed to record video of the game.

Hands down this looks to be the most challenging Guitar Hero for veterans while also being the most accessible to new players. King for a Day was some of the most fun I've had with a rhythm game in years.

The new guitar is much smaller and more lightweight than I was expecting. The game felt foreign enough to be a challenging experience while being familiar enough to feel welcoming. Here's a picture of me with the guitar to give you an idea: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKyG9LoWEAAGk4r.jpg

The TV the game was on was absolutely impossible to calibrate. Hopefully the game has more calibration options at release. Currently you only have a cowbell that you move on a slider to match it to a pulsing tone.

Funny side note: ended up running in to Jprez while at the store. Rhythm gaming is a small world.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I played the game Friday and overall I had a lot of fun. I was the only one there and I got there right for 3 and stayed for about an hour. A couple other employees came over and played but that was it. Like other people it took a while to get the lag calibrated correctly and the guy working the demo didn't really get it perfect, but it took a half an hour just to get it from playable to unplayable so I settled for good enough. Anyways, once everything was all set up right, I was able to get about 70-80% on songs on Expert which I thought was pretty decent for a first try. King for a Day is actually a pretty fun song and there's a part near the end that mixes in open notes, black notes, white notes, and black+white notes and it's pretty challenging. I think the game has a less steep learning curve than I anticipated but some of the sections with more complex colour changes will take some practice. The guitar looks and feels great and I have no complaints there and the game is quite polished. I dunno if I'd go out of my way to buy an Xbone for it but I do find myself wanting to play it more.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
ricecake  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sabowski and I went to the Best Buy in Glen Burnie, MD. We walked around the store for a little while looking for the GH Live setup but didn't see it, but we did see the screens showing Pixels stuff. We approached the Sony guy there and asked him about it, and he asked us where we heard about it. I showed him the Web page saying that it was supposed to be there, and he took a screenshot to show his superiors because on his company version of the site, pretty much every location except Glen Burnie was on his list. He said they never sent him the guitars, but he was prepared enough to give us Guitar Hero Live pins and Pixels tshirts. He also said the event was a bit of a cluster because they were telling people that it was canceled at some locations when it really wasn't. All in all, we left disappointed, so we went back to my house and played some RB3 for a few hours in consolation.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
So sabowski and I went to the Best Buy in Glen Burnie, MD. We walked around the store for a little while looking for the GH Live setup but didn't see it, but we did see the screens showing Pixels stuff. We approached the Sony guy there and asked him about it, and he asked us where we heard about it. I showed him the Web page saying that it was supposed to be there, and he took a screenshot to show his superiors because on his company version of the site, pretty much every location except Glen Burnie was on his list. He said they never sent him the guitars, but he was prepared enough to give us Guitar Hero Live pins and Pixels tshirts. He also said the event was a bit of a cluster because they were telling people that it was canceled at some locations when it really wasn't. All in all, we left disappointed, so we went back to my house and played some RB3 for a few hours in consolation.

sounds like my situation (Murfreesboro, TN location) where no one knew about it, but they had stuff for that "Pixels" movie. It seems you got a bit more info though. Interesting that it was supposedly canceled... it would've been nice for some sort of notice to have been made, even if it was just removing the "canceled" locations from the list on the website, or something subtle like that, because before I went I had to go to the website and find the store on the list so I could get the address... so if it wasn't there I would've known.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh crap. wish I knew this promo. I drove by Salem, NH yesterday (friday) and could've stop to try it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
oh crap. wish I knew this promo. I drove by Salem, NH yesterday (friday) and could've stop to try it.

oh man you should have stopped in, that's the store I was at! :p
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

no shit ! I didnt want to do data roaming as it would have cost me a fortune. i'll pop a message next year, maybe we could do a GH night or something hehe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertiggo wrote:

Funny side note: ended up running in to Jprez while at the store. Rhythm gaming is a small world.

Jprez lives in North Carolina? Might have to throw together a GH party soon...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
Vertiggo wrote:

Jprez lives in North Carolina? Might have to throw together a GH party soon...

Actually, Jadon is a Canadian. Must've been quite the coincidence that he was hanging around in North Carolina.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

no shit ! I didnt want to do data roaming as it would have cost me a fortune. i'll pop a message next year, maybe we could do a GH night or something hehe

I'm in MA, I wouldn't mind driving up for that when GH:L is out!

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

I'm in MA, I wouldn't mind driving up for that when GH:L is out!

oh man, northeast SH meetup is totally happening right? it's gonna be just like the good old days
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar her meet ups were fun back in the day.

I would maybe go to a Northeast meetup.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingofterrors wrote:
Guitar her meet ups were fun back in the day.

I would maybe go to a Northeast meetup.

I might be getting Guitar Her Live after all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 37 of 69

Jump to: