ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also skeptical of how GHTV will turn out. It's all down to how often you can do the on demand service, what the costs will be, how many stations there are and how often songs will cycle, etc. It sounds too close to putting micro transactions into the game for me to really support it. We'll see how it works when it comes out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
ready2rock wrote:

Re: One Direction - Why do they need to be in the game when they could just have Should I Stay or Should I Go and Baba O'Riley?

I think too many songs they've put in just for popularity sake, since they seem to also want to treat it like a karaoke game. It gets to a point when you are really stretching the name of "Guitar Hero" with the likes of Skrillex, One Direction, and Carrie Underwood lol At least One Direction is in the optional play stuff, but it's always lame to see stuff like that show up.

Still waiting for GH:Merzbow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/04/guitar-hero-live-lenny-kravitz-james-franco-commercial

heh
GesterX  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so the GHTV thing and its financial model sounds absolutely awful for players like us.

From this article

Quote:

There is no way of downloading and paying for a song in the traditional way. Instead, you pay for access tokens to play tracks that you like, every time you want to play them.

So say you like a song and want to practice it or play it multiple times - you have to pay EVERY TIME you want to play it.

You can earn tokens to play from playing GHTV but this basically means you have to play songs the game forces you to play before you can play songs you want.

Utter shite.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
Okay so the GHTV thing and its financial model sounds absolutely awful for players like us.

From this article

Quote:

There is no way of downloading and paying for a song in the traditional way. Instead, you pay for access tokens to play tracks that you like, every time you want to play them.

So say you like a song and want to practice it or play it multiple times - you have to pay EVERY TIME you want to play it.

You can earn tokens to play from playing GHTV but this basically means you have to play songs the game forces you to play before you can play songs you want.

Utter shite.

It's why I'm worrying about the game having any sort of real longevity. Having no control over what you actually play could lead to a game that stagnates, especially with not a very exciting on disc song list. Still have to wait to see what it takes to earn coin, but I think not allowing any sort of permanent songs might lead to the game failing for many. It's basically on the level of a mobile game in that regard. Sometimes it's done alright, you can get around not having to pay anything and still enjoy a free experience. Most of the time things are designed to make sure you are pushed to pay real money.

We'll have to see when the game releases if Activision is Activision, or if they behaved themselves to make sure a quality experience was had.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

microtransactions'd
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late to the party. :|

We still in here, dough. Sort of wish they included charts for the old layout of controllers, but I'm gonna give this 6 button thing a chance. Now if I can just pull myself away from Melee and Project M.......

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the demo today, holy crap this was much more fun than I was expecting. I'm super excited for this game now.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Stevo  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted on the GH Sub forum in ages but hey its cool. From what I seen so far I don't mind the changes they put in the guitar controller or the use of FMV, I got to try it at EGX and I personally felt alright with the game, felt like fun to play it and realised that I would have to start a lower difficulty as expected to get used to the new format after trying out the Pierce the Veil song on Advanced, may start on Regular when I first play it. The new interesting changes alone got me to go for the preorder for it.

My only 2 concerns I have with it at the moment is the way they announced the song list, as someone who is a Metal/Rock kind of guy I was happy to see the likes of Lamb of God, Priest, Pantera, Dream Theater, Halestorm, Trivium etc announced, but I realised that there's only 45 songs on the disc and it's mostly Indie/Pop/Mainstream so far which I hope it isn't just that which would miss GH's variety in past setlists. Now the second concern is GHTV which apparently most of the songs I wanna play on GHL are on this part of the game and you have to pay tokens which I hope you can earn easily in quickplay/Campaign otherwise I may have to wait til a certain time to play the songs I wanna play which Activision announced them like they were going to be on the disc which is very misleading, would of been nice if they did mention what songs are on what part of the game plus the lack of not buying a song permanently to use for quickplay is stupid beyond belief. If it wasn't for the interesting changes, I wouldn't have preordered the game.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone that played the GHTV Beta and for every six songs you play (well) you can earn enough GH Cash for three tokens. Keep in mind that it includes any song on disc or on GHTV. If there isn't a practice mode (haven't seen any mention of one) it's sort of bad, but if there is the only people that will be affected by this form of monetization are those that don't actually play GH and just want to play a specific song over and over.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
I know someone that played the GHTV Beta and for every six songs you play (well) you can earn enough GH Cash for three tokens. Keep in mind that it includes any song on disc or on GHTV. If there isn't a practice mode (haven't seen any mention of one) it's sort of bad, but if there is the only people that will be affected by this form of monetization are those that don't actually play GH and just want to play a specific song over and over.

Roughly 6 songs for 3 plays...Hrmm. Perhaps not terrible, but likely will depend on the GHTV selection. If their half hour block mixtures are crap, it could get abit boring playing the maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of the song listing on disc over and over again to get enough tokens to play something new or songs you like even better. Really wish they'd just have the option for buying songs, so you could just buy the ones you really like, but use tokens on others maybe you don't think you'll play often.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
the only people that will be affected by this form of monetization are those that don't actually play GH and just want to play a specific song over and over.

Or y'know, people that wanna play a song more than once.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
toymachine wrote:
the only people that will be affected by this form of monetization are those that don't actually play GH and just want to play a specific song over and over.

Or y'know, people that wanna play a song more than once.

I am confident that won't be an issue for people that have been playing Guitar Hero for years but we will see in a week or two for sure
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New songs: https://twitter.com/GuitarHero/status/652529081813102594

Cult of Personality on the new guitar should be insane.

Before I Forget, if charted like GH3, could be a huge challenge.

Lots of rhythm gaming classics.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the repeats are one of my big issues with the tracklist lmao

some good songs though

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 46 of 69

Jump to: