ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHL Guitar Quality
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very interesting observation, to me it sounds more like a software issue than hardware fortunately. I'm pretty press happy as is (never was great at alt strumming accurately for slower sections), but this could explain a lot.

HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
2003041 wrote:
gitarzann wrote:
Warhiem wrote:
Traded for another guitar. Down strumming is fine, but sometimes upstrums cause over strumming. Guess you can't win them all but this is much more fun

I posted on reddit today that I was able to fix my guitar. I've been playing for over an hour with zero issues after loosening the screws that hold the board with the switches behind the strum bar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GuitarHero/comments/3q24go/down_strumming_issue2nd_guitar/cwboj72

Giving it a try. My overstrumming issues are very few and far, but it is one reason I don't have any FC's....

Unfortunately, the fix I was able to do has unraveled. Why, I have no clue but I have an idea.

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but I seem to recall that in past GH games, if you were scrolling through the setlist, if you held down the strum bar, there was a very slight delay before the list would start scrolling. That delay does not exist on these guitars-- at least none of the ones that I have gotten. As soon as you press down or up on the strum bar, the strum goes strumming away immediately.

That means, if you don't strum really quickly and let go of the strum bar, it's going to register more than once because of the lack of a slight delay. You may not even realize that you are holding the strum bar in the strum position a millisecond longer than you should because there was compensation built into past controllers. I am guessing the delay in previous games (if there was one, I swear I remember that being the case) was designed to avoided this overstrumming from happening while allowing players to hold down the bar to scroll through the song list.

I haven't changed anything on my guitar since I fixed it yesterday and just played something on GHTV by just slapping the bar down for each note and not holding the bar the usual way I play and I did not have this issue.

Not sure if any of this is good info but it's becoming extremely frustrating to be unable to enjoy this really fun game because of poorly made controllers.

One thing I have noticed is that loosening up the switch board helped me UNTIL I screwed my guitar back together. The body of the guitar itself is most likely pressing down on the switchboard, which gets rid of loosening the screws in the first place. What I'm gunna do is put washers between each screw of the switch board and see if that helps nullify it being pushed down on. Fingers crossed that it fixes the issues I'm having.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having some of these issues (random misses, weird delay at times), but I've fixed all of them by adjusting the calibration a tad and being sure to keep the dongle close to the guitar, with the path clear. The issues cropped up the most when the console had been moved further from where I usually sit.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been happening to me as well. It was fine for most of Casual, I started noticing something weird a few songs near the end of the game. Then I went to Regular, and it started happening every 50 notes or so. Then every 20 notes or so. Now it's happening every 5 notes or so and I can't even play the game. I've been tinkering with it and have a couple ideas.

It's not the fact that you hold the strum bar too long. I kept the strum bar held down for the entire first note of When You Were Young and it didn't over strum.

It could be the fact that your finger rests on the strum bar right after hitting a note, so it registers as a second note immediately. However, I don't think this is the case, because it's not consistent with me missing notes I should be hitting. Also, why did I have next to no problems for the first 30 something songs I played?

I think it's a hardware issue. My game is calibrated perfectly, and I know for a fact I am hitting the notes that the game says I'm missing. It will be a steady stream of slow paced notes all in a row, and I will miss a random one in the middle. Unless the engine is so strict that you cannot be even a tenth of a second off (and like I said I had no problems the first few hours I played, and I wasn't even fully paying attention on Casual), then this is a hardware issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: