ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thunderhorse Verse 2 strumming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeroMaster47  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Thunderhorse Verse 2 strumming Reply with quote

I don't know what it is, but I can't hit that strumming pattern whatsoever. I feel like I keep in rhythm with it perfectly, but then one of the HOPOs decides it's not gonna count as a strummed note and completely fucks me up.

I've been trying at this section for two days, and I've probably hit it about 3 times, once in a real run which I overstrummed in anyway, and the other two times in practice and haven't been able to hit it in a real run since. What could I feasibly be doing wrong here? Because I feel like the engine/HOPOs are just fucking me over every single time. I really need some help with this.

EDIT: Disregard, I finally have the FC.

Last edited by HeroMaster47 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a bit harder to strum through hopos on GH2 360 (see: number of misirlou FCs on 360 vs ps2) so that might have something to do with it. My only advice is to strum earlier rather than later so that the hopos don't have time to register. Good luck! (also watch out for that hopo glitch )
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
HeroMaster47  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've heard about the differences between he 360 and PS2 versions. Seems bizarre that there would be differences between how the engine functions on each different console.

Oddly enough, I've also had the opposite problem to what's been happening in TH. Instead of the HOPOs not registering as strums when I want them too, sometimes they'll count as strum notes when I don't want them to. An example would be grace notes like where I'd try to strum the last blue but it would instead count the strum for the HOPO before it. Gave me heaps of trouble in Freya's 1st solo with the trills. I had to end up strumming a doublet when the trills changed frets because of this issue.

Anyway, I think I have a method for Thunderhorse that I'm going to attempt. I'm going to try gallops for that part, so I use the HOPO but strum the rest as gallops. I'll see how that works. It seems more reliable than just strumming through it or using all the HOPOs.

EDIT: I think the issue was I was strumming a little too fast because I can combo it pretty reliably now. Doesn't matter anyway, because the game decided that I was 1 millisecond too late on one of the gallops. Seriously fuck this song. It can be #72 for all I care because it feels fucking impossible.

EDIT2: NEVER MIND. I got it. Of course as soon as I say it feels impossible, BOOM - FC.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's usually how it works! Good job man, this song... gave me hell when I was going for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: