Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JG's Thread: Holy Wars FC #85/611
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember your name from back in the day! Nice FC and welcome back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, I heart you all. I do tend to lurk pretty frequently, but it's nice to keep in touch and to be accomplishing things again.

Finally figured out why I couldn't edit my OP. Had to delete pretty much all of it . but that's okay.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kickass song as well. nice job.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohai, Grey. Guess we had another thing coming thinking you were gone. Eh? Eh...?

...Yeahi'lljustgonow.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Ohai, Grey. Guess we had another thing coming thinking you were gone. Eh? Eh...?

...Yeahi'lljustgonow.

lol, someone had to say it

Bump for another new FC

November 19, 2019 -

Wow, I didn't expect this! Glad I got it on video.
I originally wrote this song off as too tough to bother. After playing it again yesterday to at least increase my score, I was getting more consistent with solo 1. Solo 2 (the part) was scary, but I had a few ideas of how to go about it. I ended up hopoing the triplets, and I surprisingly got the FC the first time I comboed that part.

Crossroads and All of this are still being stubborn, but hopefully I can knock at least one of them out soon. I'm also getting close to 13 Million, which I thought would be a great goal, and I will try to at least get there before doing anything else/stop playing for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a word to describe the fact that you have SCM while I don't, but I have AoT and Crossroads while you don't. Is that irony?

Great job, though!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bonkin awesome

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
This is bonkin awesome

No, you are bonkin awesome! Thank you, it's always nice to see members of the ol' gang on here.

voidedalive2x wrote:
There's a word to describe the fact that you have SCM while I don't, but I have AoT and Crossroads while you don't. Is that irony?

Great job, though!

About that . I'll try for AoT next !

November 29, 2019 -

Wait no, that was a choke 3 notes from the end.

click for video

Finally! This song was a bit overdue. I was getting super consistent except for the ascending trips of doom, which I found I was going too fast, and I should DUD strum each one. And yes, as you see I had a choke 3 notes from the end, about 5 runs before the FC, which at least made me start recording so I could get it on video.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough choke man but doesn't matter since FC anyway! Very nice ones, GH1 FCs are always quite tough so its great to see someone is still motivated to get those suckers

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Vladimir777  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on your GH1 FCs, man!

I started to go back and play GH2 and Rock the '80s (hadn't played in about a decade), but when I tried to put in GH1, I found it borderline unplayable due to the lag. I noticed that you mentioned the lag a little bit in your post, but that it was still playable. Is there any way to deal with GH1 lag on modern TVs, or do you just have to adjust your playing, which seems awful?
-5-star Expert GH1 [46/47]
-Get the Log--GH '80s [29/30]

My Accomplishments Thread--Please Visit!
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vladimir777 wrote:

I started to go back and play GH2 and Rock the '80s (hadn't played in about a decade), but when I tried to put in GH1, I found it borderline unplayable due to the lag. I noticed that you mentioned the lag a little bit in your post, but that it was still playable. Is there any way to deal with GH1 lag on modern TVs, or do you just have to adjust your playing, which seems awful?

Mine wasn't too bad at first. For reference, when I calibrated on GH2 it was between 30-50ms. It was noticeable, but workable. What actually fixed it to be virtually lagless though was looking through my TV settings and changing the zoom/picture mode/whatever each TV wants to call it. I have a Toshiba TV, and I switched from Natural to Full. Probably won't be helpful to you, but it's worth a shot!

Jellu wrote:
Rough choke man but doesn't matter since FC anyway! Very nice ones, GH1 FCs are always quite tough so its great to see someone is still motivated to get those suckers

Thanks! Yeah, it was a major gut-punch. Luckily with Crossroads, it was more of building up consistency, and not just a complete fluke, so I wasn't too discouraged. But now I ran out of steam and songs that I can FC .

December 3, 2019 -

Bump for 13 Million. In the past month, I increased my score on 24 songs and managed two new FCs. Including the YGATC FC in August, I increased my total score by about 150k. Originally I was thinking the All of This FC would allow me to break the barrier, but I simply cannot that song. Instead, I had a rather good run of Symphony of Destruction (3rd highest non-FC score ), a few small silly reduxes, and a nice run of Decontrol exiting the solo with a 4x that finished the job. Pretty great goal for me to have reached, since I remember being here when the community first reached this milestone. I wasn't super active then, but I was amazed and proud nonetheless.
That being said, I think it's once again time to throw in the towel () & put GH1 aside for now. Next, I might play around with GH2/80s, get some reduxes, maybe an FC or two, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Vladimir777 wrote:

Mine wasn't too bad at first. For reference, when I calibrated on GH2 it was between 30-50ms. It was noticeable, but workable. What actually fixed it to be virtually lagless though was looking through my TV settings and changing the zoom/picture mode/whatever each TV wants to call it. I have a Toshiba TV, and I switched from Natural to Full. Probably won't be helpful to you, but it's worth a shot!

Jellu wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, it was a major gut-punch. Luckily with Crossroads, it was more of building up consistency, and not just a complete fluke, so I wasn't too discouraged. But now I ran out of steam and songs that I can FC .

December 3, 2019 -

Bump for 13 Million. In the past month, I increased my score on 24 songs and managed two new FCs. Including the YGATC FC in August, I increased my total score by about 150k. Originally I was thinking the All of This FC would allow me to break the barrier, but I simply cannot that song. Instead, I had a rather good run of Symphony of Destruction (3rd highest non-FC score ), a few small silly reduxes, and a nice run of Decontrol exiting the solo with a 4x that finished the job. Pretty great goal for me to have reached, since I remember being here when the community first reached this milestone. I wasn't super active then, but I was amazed and proud nonetheless.
That being said, I think it's once again time to throw in the towel () & put GH1 aside for now. Next, I might play around with GH2/80s, get some reduxes, maybe an FC or two, but we'll see.

Thanks for the tips on adjusting settings on the TV. I didn't actually think about adjusting the TV, but I know I could at least switch it to "Game" mode, which supposedly reduces any lag. I'll give it a shot sometime.

Congrats on the 13 million! I, too, remember when that was a huge deal to get in GH1, and to this day proves that one is a GH1 MASTER. I would like to one day get there, but I only have something like 10-15 GH1 FCs, so I have a way to go.

Which GH's do you play? For me it's GH1-GH3, with an emphasis on GH1-GH '80s, although I just started again recently.
-5-star Expert GH1 [46/47]
-Get the Log--GH '80s [29/30]

My Accomplishments Thread--Please Visit!
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vladimir777 wrote:

Congrats on the 13 million! I, too, remember when that was a huge deal to get in GH1, and to this day proves that one is a GH1 MASTER. I would like to one day get there, but I only have something like 10-15 GH1 FCs, so I have a way to go.

Which GH's do you play? For me it's GH1-GH3, with an emphasis on GH1-GH '80s, although I just started again recently.

Thanks! Yeah, GH1 is rough. I'd say getting better at GH1 always results in bouncing back in forth between liking the game more and getting more frustrated lol. There are quite a few walls in FCs and scores that one must break through. The lack of practice mode is obviously a killer. The best advice I could give is "play moar lol". But really, if you focus on this game specifically and play a variety of songs, you get more used to the engine and more things click. For a while, I'd try just popping in the game, play X song I wanted to FC a few times, get nowhere, get mad and change games again. This time, I played pretty much played the entire setlist again, reFCed a bunch of old songs with better squeezing, and would play the songs I was close to FCing as well as the next few songs on the FC breakdown.

I've played all of them quite a lot. I've mostly just had random spurts of playing over the past 6 years or so. About every 9 months - year and a half, I'd pick up the ol' guitar and do something, whether it was just improve old scores, or something completely different like go through the expert Bass songs in each game. Before that though, I was pretty active in each game. GH1-3 will always have their special place in the heart, but the other 7 games (WT, 5 and WoR especially) definitely have their merits. They're certainly cheap enough now for the most part, to be worth it, both for the sake of just having more tracks available for fun and more opportunities to increase your skills. Of course, the more games you have, the more things that get added to the "to-do" list, so I know it's not without its setbacks (especially nowadays)

I did put in 80s after GH1 and have been working towards getting "Johnny optimals" on as many songs as I can. Basically since there's so few songs, I've been going down and reduxing songs and not just accepting the first score increase I get. Figuring out what's reasonable and what's ridiculous and making it so I theoretically never "have" to try to increase the score again. Obviously I'm not perfect, I'm a little lazy, and it's frustrating, so for some songs I'm just trying to get within 1000 points of the top score.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with that, Johnny. might need it on Expert.

LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang dude, I didnt realize you had that many left in GH1, you totally got it It has been a lot of fun that last couple of days catching up with you guys. Gives me a good enough reason to lurk back around here and see what I can find. Love it.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 59 of 69

Jump to: