ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
492/660; 33/49 GH:M, Wherever I May Roam, Am I Evil?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellu  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was fast o__O now you already have one of the big ones. How about the other strummy bois like Six and Misirlou?

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 more intense FCs... Awesome!

You definitely did a great job cleaning out GH2 (getting 4 more FCs than your preliminary plan a few posts back). GH1 is next, you say? Here's hoping it goes just as smoothly . It will definitely take some getting used to, since you say you really haven't done too much with it. Based on the FC breakdown, I'd say you shouldn't have too many problems up until Infected (#23) when the "hopos" start getting faster. Then probably another difficulty spike for the #29-34 region.

But yeah, if you stick with it and it clicks, then I definitely think at least 30 would be reasonable. For all we know, you'll end up getting like 40 with hardly any trouble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jellu: I think Misirlou is more likely than Six at this point, considering I didn't even 6* Six over about 5 runs. I can get better at it, but there's a significant learning curve. Again, I got a -1 on Misirlou's intro and have hit everything else in the song, it's just a matter of straightening everything up at once.

@Johnny: I was using 52 there mostly because that was the number I had at the time, it was already overachieving the standard for 500 FC pace, which is part of the reason that list went to 507. 30 is a low end goal for GH1, and I really hope I can drive it to 35 and approach 37. The pushes for 550, 560, and 575 come closer every FC, and I don't think it's too bad to plan for those goals at this point, given some of the success I've had on GH2 and 3 especially so far.

Got about 2 and a half hours of GH1 in today after doing an escape room with some work friends. Got 8 of the easier FCs: Unsung, Killer Queen, Fat Lip, Hey You, Heart Full of Black, Eureka, Story of my Love, and Callout. First of all, I didn't know Callout was on this game, and I adore that song (the Acro-brats, The Main Drag, and Honest Bob are by far my favorite 3 HMX bands to listen to outside the games, for the record). Those took about an hour and a half between looking at paths and getting them done. I spent about an hour afterwards trying to FC Guitar Hero, and man this game and engine are soul-crushing. I don't play on a CRT because I don't currently have one, so I have about 25ms of lag if my GH2 save is anything to go off of; not untenable, but not fun either. Between that and the, uh, interesting engine, this may cause a little bit more pain than I was hoping.

On the other hand, I purchased a computer yesterday as well, and plan on getting a basic streaming setup within the next month or so! I'll keep updating on that front as well. My goal for this weekend as far as GH1 goes is to play through the rest of the main setlist so all the songs are unlocked, get to at least 25 FCs, and see where we can go from there. Regardless, it will be an adventure.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may suck as far as lugging it around, but I would seriously suggest you get a CRT. I personally don't think fighting the 20+ms lag is worth it, especially on these games. If you're lucky, maybe try finding something smaller than 20"?

And if you have any tips on setting up a stream, I'd love to hear them. I admit it sounds really confusing and daunting to me, so any chance to see how potentially easy it is would be cool. Will you use Twitch or somewhere else?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played some GH1 this weekend, and boy it's defeating. I did make progress though, and got everything up to Guitar Hero on the FC breakdown. In particular, this weekend I got: Higher Ground, Sharp Dressed Man, Heart Full of Black, Caveman Rejoice, Farewell Myth, Cochise, Infected, Iron Man, The Breaking Wheel, Smoke On The Water, Ace Of Spades, Guitar Hero

Smoke on the Water and The Breaking Wheel took most of the time, Infected was also a little rough. I'm confident I'll get No One Knows relatively quickly, but after that it's tough sledding. Also, I'd like to amend my numbers before to 29 for GH1 because I accidentally included Graveyard Shift in the 30 (which also finally explains why my numbers before were off by 1!) I took pictures of the harder ones I got, but I'm too lazy to upload.

Computer should come in Tuesday, but I don't have capture equipment yet. It'll be cool setting stuff up though when it comes in! Either way, we crossed the 450 barrier this weekend (Cochise was the line-crosser). 475 is easy with just 80s songs, and there's a lot of other easy-ish stuff to get in WT and Metallica.

EDIT: FCed Tier 1 of 80s today, then spent a lot of time failing to hit Solo B of No One Like You. 200 songs left! Should be able to get at least 20 pretty easily, but we'll see if we get beyond 22 or 23 on this game. Lots to figure out regardless!

EDIT 2: Played through the rest of tier 2 of 80s last night. I got the easy 2 FCs (Shakin', Heat of the Moment), played Radar Love a few times, realized I forgot to turn Hyperspeed on, then FCed Radar Love my first try with Hyperspeed. Tier 3 is 3 easy songs, another well within my range that I should get for 500 (Holy Diver, on which I recently FCed the harder RB chart anyways), and one that I should probably get for 550 (I Wanna Rock). Don't know if I'll clean it out this week, but there's a good chance.

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting there on 80s. I'm up to 16/30 with tiers 5 and 6 unplayed. When I'm done, I think I'm expecting to get to 23/30 fairly easily.

Today was tiers 3 and 4, and I pretty easily cleaned up tier 3. I Wanna Rock took less effort than some of the "easier" songs, but it's difficulty is something I'm good at (awkward strumming in relatively fast fretting; I'm bad at the fretting bit and the strumming gives my left hand time to catch up). Hopefully I have the energy to play through tier 5 tomorrow. I'm gonna be out of town this weekend so I don't expect to play at all, but I've made plenty of progress during the week to be proud of. 500 should come in the next 2 weeks or so pretty easily!

I FCed everything in the first 4 tiers except No One Like You (doable, but I suck at solo B), Round and Round (seems a ways off, but I can get there; I may also just be slow today), Because It's Midnight, and Ballroom Blitz (lol no for both).

I expect to get Lonely Is The Night, Los Angeles, Bathroom Wall, Police Truck, Wrathchild, Ain't Nothin But A Good Time, and Caught In A Mosh all relatively easily, and will at least try to play No One Like You and Seventeen before moving on to a newer school game (Metallica and WT are the biggest candidates).

JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on 80s so far! I Wanna Rock is especially nice to get out of the way- glad it didn't give you much trouble. NOLY is a pain, hopefully you can figure out a method that works for you. Out of those next FCs you listed, ANBAGT and Caught in a Mosh are the only ones that should be any trouble. I did some math and besides the quick bit in Round and Round, the solos in Round and Round, Seventeen, ANBAGT and The Light the Blinds (for reference) are all about the same speed (12.x notes per second). ANBAGT, luckily, has the easiest pattern and it's only that speed for like a measure. The other two are... Difficult
Caught in a Mosh is just a matter of consistency, but it's certainly way easier than the RB3 version

Hope the 80s cleanup goes well. Afterwards, we can struggle together through WT songs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played through tier 5 today, SRFCed everything except Los Angeles (lol). Got the Police Truck FC as well, so I can comfortably say I've played through GH80s well above the level of a 500 FC player (I mean, this is expected too, but it's nice regardless). I'm gonna defer the last 4 songs that I haven't played for a score to next week, but I should FC CiaM fairly easily (if I could FC the RB3 bass chart like 5 years ago, I surely can FC this easier guitar chart now). At that point, there's only 3 songs on the game I expect to FC on any short timeline, but certainly I'll jump over to try and get 60-65 on GHWT and over 30 on GHM before I spend too much time on Seventeen or R&R.

Unplayed song count is down to 127! I should easily cross over 210MM combined once I've played the rest of the songs available, which should put me in some good company.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I'm able to teeter on the edge of 25/30, you should be able to clear it easily! (granted, I was never able to FC past 17's Solo 1 strumming, though I've FC'd everywhere besides it, but still; and I'm technically at 24/30 because I know I can FC Radar Love, but that's planned to be 30/30 or my final song for that game, so). You can get this done, on either R&R or 17!

(As for R&R, I honestly can't remember where my hang-up was. I don't think I ever got to the Outro on a FC run, but I can't recall what part of Solo1 was giving me trouble.)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No One Like You FC!!

I think my stream looks okay, I'm trying to figure out the proper mic volume, but the content exists! I got CiaM on stream yesterday too but haven't highlighted it. I'll probably be streaming a bunch of Metallica after I take a quick hour break to eat today, so head on over to my channel and check it out! https://www.twitch.tv/malkieriking I should go live again a little after 4 EST today, but we'll see. I don't plan on bumping for every stream, but please stop in if I'm live and you wanna see what I'm up to! I'll probably diversify from just rhythm games too, doing trophy hunting on my PS3 backlog being a minor priority.

I'm at a solid 172/211 right now, with a few GH1 FCs I *should* figure out if we're being honest. We'll shoot at the new school games and hopefully get some cool songs on video now!

Got 9 on GH:M today! Everything is hard. I had to take Hell Bent For Leather, The Thing that Should Not Be and The Black River into practice mode, and did more tapping today on FCs that I ever had (all 3 of those songs, plus Mommy's Little Monster's outro trill, but that last one was probably unnecessary). Ace of Spades and War Inside My Head are still left from my "easiest 500" list, but with FCs ahead of that from other games, cleaning up that list will put me at 519 now. Very few truly easy songs left at this point, but I'll be playing through a lot of the remaining Metallica songs on my stream tomorrow!

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit more progress today! Wherever I May Roam took forever, but Am I Evil? came relatively quickly. I'll probably post a score on all the Metallica songs before going for the easy stuff on WT (especially because, again, I HATE playing WT), but 500 gets closer every day! I'll compile what needs to happen for 550 in a post soon, because it's about time to start thinking about that. We might set an in-between goal at 525, but it may not be necessary. I feel like 500 was a big push to just play everything, but 500-550 is the point where every FC matters to some degree.

I've been able to stream every day since Friday, and I'll try and keep that up through Thursday this week. I'll be out from Friday to Sunday, but I'm really enjoying streaming right now, even if the audience hasn't arrived yet.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: