ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
alexhaz64- GHWoR FC #89, IYWPPFW! (646/660)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 150, 151, 152  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
Well, after 34 songs, here you go.
Greenbaymackey leads you by 4,927 points across 22 songs where he has the lead.
Alex leads by 2,521 points across the 7 songs he has the lead.
You two are tied on 5 songs.
Total current difference of 2406 points in gbm's favor, or 71 points a song.

At a guess, I will go out on a limb and say you get two new 1sts, two more tied firsts, and are behind on the remaining 11 songs. Let's call that 700 more in the hole to him, so right at 3,000 points you will trail.

You biggest win by FAR is Fight Fire With Fire, where gbm has a surprisingly low score. Your biggest loss by far is on All Nightmare Long where you are a full 1000 points below him. You seem to do better on average than gbm on the more difficult songs, and worse on the easier ones.

Gbm is a mere 5,448 points from global 1st on the game, and that is after you added 697 to the community total. I would say being within 3k of him after a first real pass on the game is pretty impressive result. Good luck finishing the game!

FYI, for the series, before finishing GH:M, you lead gbm by a pretty comfortable 54,246, almost entirely due to GH:WT and WoR.

Edit: were gbm to get the FGFC on GH:WT he has potentially the ability to pass you by 3k. On WoR, simply improving on TDWF for you gets you 1st place on the game, a FC could possibly get you 30k more than that. Out pointing gbm on VH or GH5, will take a lot of grinding.

Edit Edit: After another week, you are at 42/49, trail gbm by 3,458 points, and have now added 1,457 points to the community total!

Edit x3: 45/49, trail gbm by 4,429 points. Looks like my initial estimate of 4-5k was spot on. Sorry.

I'll start off with your initial prediction of the final 15 songs- I ended up getting 5 untied firsts, 1 tie for second, and 1 second place score that beats his (LlamaYip got first on One). All in all pretty close, but I did slightly better than expected in this regard. As for "700 in the hole", that was a bit too optimistic. These scores included some of my biggest differentials, namely Master of Puppets and Disposable Heroes. Perhaps I was in a rush to get the FGFC, but a lot of my last few scores could be better.

Just saw your edits, and yeah your original estimate of 5k was pretty close. Still not bad considering the length of many of these songs, and the sheer number of points that can be missed. I'd definitely like to improve that spread, but it'll have to be for another day. Happy to be 1st overall in the series, though :)

Jellu wrote:
GHM FGFC basically in the bag, nice! I know the struggle with TDWF, was the hardest song in the series for me, too.

Thanks! Yeah after WE there was really nothing too difficult (though DH gave me way too much trouble). TDWF is definitely gonna be tough, but I know I can do it :)

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
*SIGH*. FINE. I'LL GIVE WAR ENSEMBLE ONE MORE CHANCE. I'll try my hands at it next month. :)

Congrats man, you're killing it. Your last hurdle for the FGFC is This Day We Fight! So GET ON THAT!

Yay! It makes me extremely happy to know you still have a shot at the FSFC. You just can't get so close without finishing it off! If you continue to struggle with it let me know and I can see if I can give you any tips. Unless it's just a stamina issue, in which case... exercise and eat healthy? lol

voidedalive2x wrote:
skinnywhitecomic wrote:
*SIGH*. FINE. I'LL GIVE WAR ENSEMBLE ONE MORE CHANCE. I'll try my hands at it next month. :)

Congrats man, you're killing it. Your last hurdle for the FGFC is This Day We Fight! So GET ON THAT!

I can replace LlamaYip's name with yours in my sig if that helps!

Hey, it worked for Llama! Can you go ahead and put "this doesn't leave my sig until alexhaz64 has FSFC on Expert Guitar"? :tooth:

EDIT: 6/30/20- So obviously the GHM FGFC was enevitable after WE, but still, I finally polished off the remaining songs for the FGFC. Once again I am second by about 5k, mostly thanks to a few long songs such as ANL, DH, and MoP. Hard not to miss over 1k points when there are 7 or more activations! Anyway outside of the big three, the hardest FC in this game was by far Disposable Heroes. Very tough riff that repeats throughout the song. ANL was tough as well, mostly due to broken strumming and slider notes. Overall though nothing was too bad. I definitely want to redux a lot in this game, there's so many songs where I just missed a squeeze or two, so I'm not super satisfied with a lot of my scores. But that's going to have to take a back burner to TDWF...

Speaking of, this FGFC finally gets me all my scores inputted, and unless my estimations are way off, I should be comfortably in first overall for the series! I have something like 50k lead from WT and WoR, and I'm only 5k behind or less in each of the other four games. My next goal for bass is obviously the FSFC. TDWF is the only song standing in my way. I will definitely spend a lot of time grinding this one, learning the riff and hopefully it'll click at some point. Once I FC that I should be first overall forever unless mackey decides to grind TDWF too :p

After the FSFC... well it would be cool to be first overall on every game, but mackey has made that incredibly difficult. I'll definitely do my best and see how close I can get, though. I was also thinking 1st on half the songs in each game would be cool. I'm pretty close to that mark already on some of the games...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
bushidox  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very big congrats on the FGFC of GH:M on bass! Second to gbm is pretty impressive all things considered. I am looking forward to you getting a big improvement on TDWF, and whatever other reduxes you go for. Keep up the good work!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big congrats on the FGFC and 1st place overall! I look forward to seeing if TDWF is much of a challenge for you. I've long felt like a bit of a fraud being in 1st place without even FCing every song. That title deserves to be held by somebody with the FSFC.

I would love to be able to at least fix my Fight Fire with Fire and The Memory Remains scores but guitars are so damn expensive nowadays.
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job finishing the rest of GHM! Definitely impressive to not lose steam and keep up with the squeezing through these tough and super long songs. Reaching half game firsts would definitely be cool to see as well asgetting as close to possible to first on each game too, but we're all more interested in how TDWF will pan out (RIP my only winning score )
Sure it may be a little tougher, but considering the speed DE went from UGH to OGH-kay, I have a feeling big improvements will happen pretty fast.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz again on GHM! However, I think the more impressive thing here is your 1st place on GHWoR despite you still missing that much on TDWF oh, and full series first, too

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(He needs to get all 1sts like I did on GHSH E-HDrums for GHM, plus the FGFC. That'll be a true test of his squeezing skills.)

...Well, maybe not right away, if you didn't want to. Certainly won't be as easy to do that as that was for me (mainly because Drums isn't/wasn't as squeezed as Guitar/Bass

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're amazing. From almost never playing bass to this in a matter of a few weeks is incredible. And you're already making good progress on TDWF. I'll go out right now and buy some champagne so that I'm ready when you get that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which game did you enjoy the most on bass? It's hard for me to pick a favorite between WT, GHM and WoR.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
A very big congrats on the FGFC of GH:M on bass! Second to gbm is pretty impressive all things considered. I am looking forward to you getting a big improvement on TDWF, and whatever other reduxes you go for. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I think I ended up getting an extra 81k from the TDWF FC since when I got GHM FGFC. Pretty crazy. Definitely solidly in first for the series overall, by over 100k! I do want to keep squeezing but it'll probably just be a song or two at a time from here on out. :p

greenbaymackey wrote:
Big congrats on the FGFC and 1st place overall! I look forward to seeing if TDWF is much of a challenge for you. I've long felt like a bit of a fraud being in 1st place without even FCing every song. That title deserves to be held by somebody with the FSFC.

I would love to be able to at least fix my Fight Fire with Fire and The Memory Remains scores but guitars are so damn expensive nowadays.

Thanks! It definitely took a lot of work passing you, and it really wouldn't be possible if it weren't for your god-awful TDWF score :p I really do think you can improve that, as well as get at least the BYOB and 21CSM FCs. In fact you can probably FSFC as well, if you work at it. If you did you would definitely be in first overall forever :D

As for your last point, is your guitar overstrumming? My guitar started overstrumming after I FC'd DH, but I was able to fix it. It may be easier to fix your guitar than find a new one, tbh. There should be tutorials on youtube to figure out how. (also, my score on TMR is pretty insane, I hit every squeeze but the last one and had great glitching. I'm pretty sure late whammy is a thing in that game)

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Great job finishing the rest of GHM! Definitely impressive to not lose steam and keep up with the squeezing through these tough and super long songs. Reaching half game firsts would definitely be cool to see as well asgetting as close to possible to first on each game too, but we're all more interested in how TDWF will pan out (RIP my only winning score )
Sure it may be a little tougher, but considering the speed DE went from UGH to OGH-kay, I have a feeling big improvements will happen pretty fast.

You were definitely right! Took less than a week to go from "pretty much impossible" to the FC. But now that the FSFC is done I can focus on some other goals, like you mentioned. We'll see how it all shakes out :)

Jellu wrote:
Congratz again on GHM! However, I think the more impressive thing here is your 1st place on GHWoR despite you still missing that much on TDWF oh, and full series first, too

Thanks! Yeah I was already within like 50k of first while still missing over 80k on TDWF, so getting first overall wasn't that hard after I started improving on that song :D

voidedalive2x wrote:
(He needs to get all 1sts like I did on GHSH E-HDrums for GHM, plus the FGFC. That'll be a true test of his squeezing skills.)

...Well, maybe not right away, if you didn't want to. Certainly won't be as easy to do that as that was for me (mainly because Drums isn't/wasn't as squeezed as Guitar/Bass

All firsts on any game would be insane! Each game has a handful of songs that I just can't compete. WoR has the mysteries of Pour Some Sugar On Me and Losing My Religion, along with tough whammy like Children of the Grave, What Do I Get, and No Way Back, among others... and that's just one game! As for GHM there's definitely some really long songs that mackey squeezed the hell out of that I probably won't be competing for any time soon :p

Mr.Scientist wrote:
You're amazing. From almost never playing bass to this in a matter of a few weeks is incredible. And you're already making good progress on TDWF. I'll go out right now and buy some champagne so that I'm ready when you get that.

I ended up getting the FSFC in around 3 months total. Definitely pretty fast, especially considering how much time I spent squeezing and reduxing. If I just moved on after my first FC I'd have been done two months ago Anyway thanks, I'm ready for that champagne!

greenbaymackey wrote:
Which game did you enjoy the most on bass? It's hard for me to pick a favorite between WT, GHM and WoR.

That's a great question. I would throw SH into the mix as a contender, as it had a good number of fun, unique, and decently challenging charts as well. GHM had some of the funnest songs in the series, but the songs were just so long and some of them were too repetitive or annoying to be fun. I think it'd have to be between WT and WoR, with WoR getting the slight edge due to having a bit more variety in the charts. I think WT had a fair share of "4 minutes of 16th note strumming" or big rock endings with fast strumming at the very end, neither of which are all that fun. But stuff like BYOB, PoS, PMU, Soul Doubt... all fun. WoR had probably more challenging songs too, although only TDWF compares to HFT/BYOB. All in all bass was a ton of fun, and I regret that it took me this long to jump on board. Glad you guys were around to cheer me on lol.

EDIT: 7/4/20- I finally did it!!! I FC'd TDWF on bass, giving me the FGFC on WoR and the FSFC for bass overall! It was quite the journey, going from "pretty much impossible" last week to "any run could be the FC" in the last two days. Earlier this week I improved my score five or six times in one night, ultimately gaining 57k on the song, and netting me first overall for WoR. Two days later I played the song again on stream, improving my score a few more times, until I ended up with a -1, 444k. Only 3.6k from first. Up until this point I had been trying out a new method- tapping the hopo hooks with the open note hopos, yes, but also tapping the BOB hooks between open note strums, too. It was a crazy method, but it worked... for a while. It became way to inconsistent yesterday, and I started getting more consistent at one-handing those. So I switched to one-handing, and had more success... but I was getting too sloppy after hours of playing. Enter tonight, switching to bass once again... I immediately felt different. I was doing much better, more consistently. I had a few one miss runs, and one choke at 1777 note streak. After about an hour, it all came together for the FC! Not too many more points from it, and I'm still down 400 from first, but I can't complain.

It took about 3 months from when I first started GH5 bass to get the FSFC. Not too shabby, especially considering how much squeezing I did to get here. Very proud of my work, although I can't say I'm done with bass quite yet! I would love to get first on every game, though VH and M are gonna be extremely difficult to do so. It would also be cool to get first on half the songs in each game, which is actually closer to reality than one might think. Either way I'll have a ton of fun squeezing some more, especially now that there's no pressure to finish off the series. I might also play some BH bass to really go the distance, but we'll see. I also have work on guitar...

TDWF FC vid: https://youtu.be/2ALiRldDCZY
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, welcome to the club!

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! Wonderful job

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very big congrats on the FSFC! That really didn't take you all that long. First you got GH:M, then a 52k improvement on TDWF, then another 8k improvement, then a -1, now this beautiful score, just 400 or so from the optimal. 3 months to FC and get decent scores on 400 songs is pretty crazy indeed. I look forward to seeing you squeeze after you finish playing with DJHero. Keep up the good work!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well goddamn. Are you gonna do E-H, too for an all difficulties FSFC?

Quote:
All firsts on any game would be insane! Each game has a handful of songs that I just can't compete. WoR has the mysteries of Pour Some Sugar On Me and Losing My Religion, along with tough whammy like Children of the Grave, What Do I Get, and No Way Back, among others... and that's just one game! As for GHM there's definitely some really long songs that mackey squeezed the hell out of that I probably won't be competing for any time soon :p

What about VH/5/BH, out of curiosity?

(I mean I did all 1sts with SH and you're better at squeezing than me but I haven't actively tried squeezing on Guitar/Bass after I did GH1M so what do I know? (Well, okay, there was RB3 XBass, but that's not on the GH side))

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
Nice, welcome to the club!

Thanks! Now I just need to catch up to you on guitar FCs lol!

Mr.Scientist wrote:
YES! Wonderful job

Thanks! It was tough work, but no single song was impossibly hard. You could easily get the FSFC as well if you tried :)

bushidox wrote:
A very big congrats on the FSFC! That really didn't take you all that long. First you got GH:M, then a 52k improvement on TDWF, then another 8k improvement, then a -1, now this beautiful score, just 400 or so from the optimal. 3 months to FC and get decent scores on 400 songs is pretty crazy indeed. I look forward to seeing you squeeze after you finish playing with DJHero. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Yeah TDWF very quickly went from "this is impossible" to "any run could be the FC". It was a combination of many things that just clicked for that song. I've been grinding the GH5 guitar FGFC for a while now, so I'd like to finish that off, but otherwise I'll probably try to improve some bass scores on that game as well, see if I can get first. At some point I gotta do BH too!

voidedalive2x wrote:
well goddamn. Are you gonna do E-H, too for an all difficulties FSFC?

Quote:

What about VH/5/BH, out of curiosity?

(I mean I did all 1sts with SH and you're better at squeezing than me but I haven't actively tried squeezing on Guitar/Bass after I did GH1M so what do I know? (Well, okay, there was RB3 XBass, but that's not on the GH side))

Man, having the FSFC on all difficulties would really satisfy the completionist in me, but I'm not sure I have the patience! Maybe I'll do a song or two every session and eventually I'll have the FSFC, lol.

TBH any game on guitar/bass will be very difficult if not nearly impossible to get a FG1st, probably even on lower difficulties (besides DJ Hero, but A. that doesn't really count and B. It would still be annoying due to the engine, lack of charts, etc) Some songs that stand out in VH are Painkiller, which I don't know the right path, Ice Cream Man with tons of insane and quick whammy, and Romeo Delight which was the toughest FC for me, and would involve multiple double squeezes in the middle of a wall of open notes. Not sure about BH but GBM played it, so there's bound to be a few of his scores I can't beat. GH5 is similar, and there's at least one song that I doubt I could ever get full ticks on while playing on 360.

Just goes to show that even with less competition, your FG1st on SH E drums is super impressive! It's definitely not an easy feat for any instrument/difficulty combo.

EDIT: 7/6/20- Quick little update, for whatever reason I finally decided to try the guitar tracks in DJ Hero. What a weird game! Mechanically, it is super strange, with star power delay, ticks being in increments of 20, missing if you drop an extended sustain, and a few glitched notes on top of all that. So it was a little annoying, but also pretty fun. Got the FGFC pretty quickly. Only song that really gave me any trouble was Fight! Smash! Win! which was mostly due to the glitched chord after the fast strumming solo. I got like 5 100% OS runs because of that note. Eventually I realized I could avoid the OS if I released the frets after hitting the note, and shortly after, I FC'd the song! Maybe someday I will come back to redux, or even play with the turntable, but for now my sights are set on GH5...

FSW/Intergalactic FC vid: https://youtu.be/Ek2ngAAOLw4
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's finally over
Awesome job on This Day We Fight! (Smash! Win!) Always nice when it randomly clicks and goes from impossible to super close in a matter of hours. Really all your bass progress has been super impressive. You probably broke some speed record for expert FCs and ranks achieved.

Thank you for following my suggestion of DJH FGFC too lol. Probably not worth going back for firsts lol. I guess one guy has okay videos for each song, but it's too bad Kyle Ruth took his channel down and there's no other paths. Maybe someday

I sort of expected Fight Sm4sh Win to put up a bigger Brawl , but Ultimately should have known that nothing can stop Alexhaz 64. ... Melee

Enough distractions though. It's definitely time for 21stCSM ! You've definitely put in your time, hopefully the game cooperates soon!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 141 of 152

Jump to: